Home

The Stamina System

This is a discussion on The Stamina System within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2018, 09:39 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The Stamina System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
We have and you no clue what you’re talking about

At no point does Diaz adjust his block for the jab.

Connor is testing Diaz to see how he’ll react to the next strike.
Yep. Range-finding, pawing the jab to set up the straight is a totally legit technique. High level boxers use it tremendously. Pretty fundamental stuff.

But, I've seen JohnM's posts before, and he knows what he's saying... so I'm guessing this isn't new to him. I'm thinking we are probably saying something very similar here.

Last edited by Ksearyback; 06-19-2018 at 09:40 PM. Reason: context
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 09:44 PM   #26
MVP

The game needs a more punishing stamina system.

Jabs redirecting or bracing the block isn't the issue here.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:48 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
The game needs a more punishing stamina system.

Jabs redirecting or bracing the block isn't the issue here.
Glad we can agree on that.

Any input for the stamina changes I suggested?
Old 06-19-2018, 09:55 PM   #28
MVP

# of strikes should also be taken into account along with other factors like long term stamina depletion.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #29
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
The actual system is a cheesy fest... u can be over agressive hitting the guard and u stamina will be fine... also if u have a good headmovement u will drain your opponent.U can do this loop all atack+ headmovement and u will kill your opponent... im not saying this is easy to do... but... it's just wrong...
One of the most annoying styles to deal with.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #30
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

I hate to be that guy saying "get gud" but if you are being overwhelmed with combo's you're doing something wrong.

Lets break this down.

If someone is moving forward with strikes you have two huge advantages on them.
- They are more vulnerable to counters
- Their combos are slower than stationary combos or backwards moving combos

If they are staying in your face with stationary combos breaking your block
- They have to hit your block with the 3 strikes of the same type to land just ONE strike with no vuln damage.
- They are at a short term stamina deficit of at least 40%. Making striking continuously a bad idea because its extremely risky to strike with low short term stamina and also they deal less damage when striking with low short term stamina.

So by the time they actually break your block, they wont be in a position to where its a good idea to continue striking back immediately.

Hugging high block in an attempt to gas your opponent out should never be a viable tactic. We want to steer very clear of this.

That said, with the use of head movement, dashes, and countestriking, you have the ability to easily punish over aggression at your disposal.

Mangala is correct about the block also, we have a high/low blocking system with automatic strike conditioning. You can throw repeated straight strikes or repeated round strikes to open your opponent up for the opposite strike type.

Strike conditioning on block is pretty realistic, take a look at Yoel x Whiitaker 2. Whittaker threw 3 jabs to get Yoel to commit to blocking the front, and smacked him with a head kick.

On the contrary, we dont have the ability for the very first strike to sneak through for a devastating result, which exists irl.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:13 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Hugging high block in an attempt to gas your opponent out should never be a viable tactic. We want to steer very clear of this.
But why? Gassing yourself out is a real threat in MMA. Using that defense should be possible but risky. More bleed through and more long term block breakdown in addition to stamina changes would balance it for both sides.

Nobody but maybe the top 1% like stamina or block as it is

Mangala is correct about the block also, we have a high/low blocking system with automatic strike conditioning. You can throw repeated straight strikes or repeated round strikes to open your opponent up for the opposite strike type.

Strike conditioning on block is pretty realistic, take a look at Yoel x Whiitaker 2. Whittaker threw 3 jabs to get Yoel to commit to blocking the front, and smacked him with a head kick.

When did that happen? Closest is this.

But he blocks the head kick. When he got blasted his guard was down. He had his usual high guard up and blocked the head kick when the jabs were thrown.
People dont usually over commit their guard to stop jabs.

Hmm cant get the gif to show

https://gfycat.com/shallowcompetenthapuka

My main issue with stamina currently is that meta goes against real life. You shouldnt have to force your opponent to gas. Managing stamina is a vital aspect of MMA and right now people are having their hand held. Same way the game was holding people’s hands when it came to distance management.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 06-19-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 11:45 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
People dont usually over commit their guard to stop jabs.

Hmm cant get the gif to show

https://gfycat.com/shallowcompetenthapuka

My main issue with stamina currently is that meta goes against real life. You shouldnt have to force your opponent to gas. Managing stamina is a vital aspect of MMA and right now people are having their hand held. Same way the game was holding people’s hands when it came to distance management.
This is an area where I believe the realism junkies (like me) are maybe the minority. The high level comp fighters want you to earn your opponent's stamina drain. Either through getting whiffs from head movement or landing body punches or getting knockdowns. The feel like a significant stamina drain based solely on activity would lower the skill level and turn the game even more conservative than they believe it is.

Truly casual fans really dont seem to care about stamina either because it allows them to play how they want even if it isnt exactly realistic.

I dont know if there will ever be any real movement on this issue when major parts of the community seem to be OK with the current stamina.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »