Home

The Stamina System

This is a discussion on The Stamina System within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2018, 10:45 PM   #41
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Stamina System

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
In my opnion:
-If you throw to many strikes u gas... u should watch your gas
-mma gloves are small u cant block 100% using them
-theres no extra speed in combo strikes, just the fluidity, of course we have explosive fighter but they stamina when they finish the combo is like the muscle modifier...

But ... none of this count as we want a tekken combo battle with break dance moves
I dont disagree with anything that you are saying.

All Im saying is strike output alone isnt what gasses fighters out or what keeps them from throwing more all the time.

My worry here is the introduction of new exploits(remember the overhand on block off an active KD to get another free KD when the health regen bug happened?) and even more complaints about aggression. If people are complaining about aggression now and they have 3 chances to counter before a 4th punch breaks the block, imagine the complaints when block is even weaker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 10:48 PM   #42
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stChrisso
Those "we" are a bunch of overly competitive players who are brainwashing the Devs. I (already) know Aholbert thinks different.
The devs have their own brain and are more than capable of debating and making decisions based off logic. Where as you seem to get emotional when you dont get your way and start throwing shade instead of actually debating. This is exactly why I dont frequent the forums as much.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:10 PM   #43
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
We have and you no clue what you’re talking about

At no point does Diaz adjust his block for the jab.

Connor is testing Diaz to see how he’ll react to the next strike.
Regardless of what you think the gif shows, do you not think that strike conditioning someone into blocking a certain way is a thing?

The jab is a good tool irl because
- Its a range finder
- Its relatively safe
- Its fast
- Its a blinder(set up) punch
- It requires much less effort when compared to other strikes.

In game 4/5 of these are true.(True jab range does not exist in game because all punches have the same range.)

To my point though, the jab is a commonly used weapon to either poke at your opponent, or to force them to commit to blocking the front of their face if they cant time a parry. And when you block the front of your face, its harder to see incoming strikes. This would where where throwing an overhand or stepping off at an angle to the side and throwing a straight would come in.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 AM   #44
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

The block breaking makes sense I guess, but there is no real reliable way to handle it at times. And don't say head movement cuz its really not that reliable cuz you cant counter properly off it...the strikes come out to slow and you could end up trading with a guy spamming hooks. Btw, how does everyone feel about the sways in this game? Specifically countering from them. I feel like they made them too slow now and thus they are not that reliable at all. Not to mention some of the sways logic is totally flawed. The side sways in particular. Someone can throw a hook and you can sway to the opposite side moving away from it and it will still land. Thats so wrong in comparison to how it goes irl, because when you sway to a side you also dip at the waist, essentially moving to that side and ducking at the same time. Only way that could happen frequently is if your timing is off, the opponent is throwing downward arking type hooks(which isnt the case with this game) or if you are right in front of them in elbow range. Makes no sense that you cant slip to the opposite side of a hook in the game.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:06 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
The devs have their own brain and are more than capable of debating and making decisions based off logic. Where as you seem to get emotional when you dont get your way and start throwing shade instead of actually debating. This is exactly why I dont frequent the forums as much.
I'm at a point where I don't care too much anymore tbh. I don't believe the Devs gonna change the stamina system. They could have done already but we only got minor changes so far. And where are some tuner updates regarding stamina? It doesn't have to be patched.

Btw I wrote many suggestions but the Devs tend to only make competitive SF players happy. I wait for the next patch and see if the game stays so ****ty. I guess it will. Most likely it's time to move on. Too many good games out to play. Might write a rant and you're welcome to read it, ZHunter. Or whatever lol ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Regardless of what you think the gif shows, do you not think that strike conditioning someone into blocking a certain way is a thing?

To my point though, the jab is a commonly used weapon to either poke at your opponent, or to force them to commit to blocking the front of their face if they cant time a parry. And when you block the front of your face, its harder to see incoming strikes. This would where where throwing an overhand or stepping off at an angle to the side and throwing a straight would come in.
I cut out the rest because I agree. First bolded part I also agree. Second bolded part I completely disagree. A jab is too weak of a strike to force people to commit to it. If someone over commits to the front to stop a jab they have poor striking defense and will get eaten alive.

Feel free to show me boxing or MMA gifs of good strikers committing their entire guard to stop a jab.

Here’s a quick muay thai article on most common jab defenses.
https://evolve-mma.com/blog/heres-ho...muay-thai/amp/

So it’s side step, parry, sway in/out and duck.

Right now in game we lack the parry and minor duck. I really hope that gets change so we can also minor duck straights

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 06-21-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:54 AM   #47
MVP

Quote:
I dont disagree with anything that you are saying.

All Im saying is strike output alone isnt what gasses fighters out or what keeps them from throwing more all the time.

My worry here is the introduction of new exploits(remember the overhand on block off an active KD to get another free KD when the health regen bug happened?) and even more complaints about aggression. If people are complaining about aggression now and they have 3 chances to counter before a 4th punch breaks the block, imagine the complaints when block is even weaker.
It all counts, but you guys want this game to be incomplete, combo system is the most expoitable thing in this game and all of you are ok with this...
block is strong because combos are super fast and if you press button like you life depend on it, they are a lot more faster than normal strikes with no penalty at all... also theres no penalty on throwing them at guard... "oh but you can strike after their combo". So we have to make a turn battle with combo?. This is the ideal MMA for you? Or just the ideal game that is suitable for you?
We need taxes on strikes on guard, we need nerf on combo speed and block
than after that we can see how it will work... but again... this game is incomplete so I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of footwork strikes again
Old 06-24-2018, 11:18 AM   #48
MVP

I remember back in the beta when someone would complain about stamina we'd laugh and say "Play Diakiese"

Those were the days.

Meanwhile hear I am using Diakiese in a fight vs Pro AI Michael Johnson, I landed/threw 80/237 strikes, a HEAP of spin kicks, and I was still at 40% stamina at the Dec, still bouncing around in a karate stance.

When I play fighters as fighters who gas IRL in my offline fights, ill often try to gas myself.
And I honestly find it challenging to do unless I deliberately spam and whiff high kicks and overhands at low stamina or throw.like 150 strikes in a round (which is completely immersion breaking for me with most fighters)

Stamina was in a better after the first patch than it is now IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »