Home

Striking Should Be More Difficult

This is a discussion on Striking Should Be More Difficult within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

OVR: 0
Striking Should Be More Difficult

Preloading combos has got to be refined a little bit.

Imagine the system we could have:

Each player has a max speed that they can throw a particular combo, based on stats and levels of the moves being used.

If I throw a combo at max speed, it should consume the most stamina, again based on stats and move levels. I should also concede the most vulnerability if my combo is interrupted, based on stats and move level of the strikes involved.

If I throw it slower, it should use less stamina and concede less vulnerability, depending on stats and move levels involved.

Faster combos should track the opponet less, as you’re commiting where to throw earlier.

Slower combos would inherently track better, as you’re giving your fighter more time too see what is developing.

This would open up the striking alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Re: Striking Should Be More Difficult

I agree with all points
Old 06-21-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
Banned

I agree 100% that move levels should impact combo speed.

You should be rewarded for knowing your fighters best strikes.

It would also help differentiate fighters since everyone wouldnt use the same combos
Old 06-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch

Each player has a max speed that they can throw a particular combo, based on stats and levels of the moves being used.

If I throw a combo at max speed, it should consume the most stamina, again based on stats and move levels. I should also concede the most vulnerability if my combo is interrupted, based on stats and move level of the strikes involved.

If I throw it slower, it should use less stamina and concede less vulnerability, depending on stats and move levels involved.

Faster combos should track the opponet less, as you’re commiting where to throw earlier.

Slower combos would inherently track better, as you’re giving your fighter more time too see what is developing.

Slower combos already track better in the sense that slowing the third attack gives it more range. You can also use slower combos to mess with timing of the opponent's slip.

So, that stuff is already in.

About the stamina cost based on the combo speed, I don't know. I guess it could work.

Move levels already affect stamina cost, I think. IMO, they shouldn't, because it makes balancing stamina harder.

It would be nice if move levels affected speed. Although the ideal would be having speed stats separated for punches and kicks.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Slower combos already track better in the sense that slowing the third attack gives it more range. You can also use slower combos to mess with timing of the opponent's slip.

So, that stuff is already in.

About the stamina cost based on the combo speed, I don't know. I guess it could work.

Move levels already affect stamina cost, I think. IMO, they shouldn't, because it makes balancing stamina harder.

It would be nice if move levels affected speed. Although the ideal would be having speed stats separated for punches and kicks.
I understand that it “sort of” functions that way now. I only try to make suggestions that refine or incorporate mechanics that are already in the game (with the exception of me desperately wanting a power modifier).

What I’m suggesting is making these elements more prevalent in the striking to create more variety, realism and fun in the striking.

I don’t really agree that move levels shouldn’t affect stamina cost. Efficient technique is a big factor in energy preservation. If anything, it gives you more ways to tweak stamina because you can balance stamina with individual moves. It’d be nice to have more animations but that requires a lot of resources.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 04:47 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
I understand that it “sort of” functions that way now. I only try to make suggestions that refine or incorporate mechanics that are already in the game (with the exception of me desperately wanting a power modifier).

What I’m suggesting is making these elements more prevalent in the striking to create more variety, realism and fun in the striking.

I don’t really agree that move levels shouldn’t affect stamina cost. Efficient technique is a big factor in energy preservation. If anything, it gives you more ways to tweak stamina because you can balance stamina with individual moves. It’d be nice to have more animations but that requires a lot of resources.
We should be able to control the speed of our strikes for rhythm manipulation
Old 06-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:

I've been saying this for a while, especially people who blast that jab upper hook combo repeatedly.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:29 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:

Not only do I agree. I beg the question, who the F thought it made sense to have preloaded ultra fast combos.

The game looks so beautiful but plays like a goddamn arcade game

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »