Home

Please make lunges as effective as UFC 2

This is a discussion on Please make lunges as effective as UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Please make lunges as effective as UFC 2

Lunges were much better in UFC 2 due to being able to cancel them in and out of different actions. They also looked much better. I also wish we could at least block for smaller lunges. Make them cost more stamina and deal a good of block damage if you’re hit.

See how smoothly I could hop in/out or side/side? I could also cancel dashes into /out of strikes and head movement.

Start at 45 second for this video

Notice in UFC 3 how much slower they are. It’s way less responsive for striking or chaining head movement.

This is one of the biggest issues with trying to fight at range. We can no longer consistently move quickly in/out of the pocket.

This also helps the aggressor because you could close distance more reliably with a small hop.

#MakeLungesGreatAgain

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 06-21-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Please make lunges as effective as UFC 2

100 % agree.
This can open a whole new in and out playstyle that i really liked to use in ufc2
Old 06-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
MVP

Im really not a big fan at how slow the back evasive is. I dont think ive ever seen a fighter move like that, its almost like they are fighting on the moon for a second
Old 06-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #4
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

I want this change more than anything (besides a power modifier).
Old 06-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Im really not a big fan at how slow the back evasive is. I dont think ive ever seen a fighter move like that, its almost like they are fighting on the moon for a second
Yeah, i liked being able to cancel it at anytime and it felt faster before, and more responsive I used to use it all the time. Now the only way to cancel is to strike out of it and yeah it's definitely slower. All they needed was to tweak it, like make it so you can only cancel if you move to the sides or block but nothing to the extent they went on it imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Agree. Thats how it should be...quick and responsive. Not slow like in this game where it makes you just float around.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:42 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Very ugly animation the backsway says hit me please just headkick me my chins right here

Last edited by 1212headkick; 06-22-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:01 AM   #8
MVP

Oh man wonderboy would feel freakin' perfect if we could pop in with the 1-2 queue a left/right off the lunge and pop another 2.

This is one of the things I REALLY wanna see patched in, at the very.least, we needa be able to queue long and.short lunges off strikes and vice versa.

It'd help distance management a lot IMO, currently you can hop in, strike, pause, hop out. It doesn't feel fluid at all and the delay before the input registers off a strike can feel like a delay or dropped input.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »