Home

The spinning kick

This is a discussion on The spinning kick within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The spinning kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
This isn't the only case I've seen. This is the case I remembered to reference.

I try it. The damage seems fine to me, for me and against me.
How many you landing, for such a powerful kick it takes lots to get a ko, i will video me trying this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2018, 11:43 AM   #42
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
How many you landing, for such a powerful kick it takes lots to get a ko, i will video me trying this.
Don't bother. That wouldn't be evidence of it being underpowered.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #43
MVP

Ignoring damage.

What are your thoughts on upping the stun rates for flush, well timed liver kicks, as well as liver kicks to an opponent blocking high?

Say, off a lunge, or heavy strike intercept, youknow, in instances where it lands with a high vulnerability buff.

Two Thai knees will cause a body stun usually but 3 roundhouse kicks flush to the liver in quick succession never have for me (outside of a gassed opponent)

I don't really mind the damage done and stamina drain, but you can literally hurl your liver into Overeems shin with a lunge and be fine and dandy, that should knock the wind out of you for a few seconds atleast.

Something to simulate the utter brutality of all those toxins being forcibly slammed back into your body.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
It's mostly about how the frames on combos weren't tuned as systematically as for single strikes. Do you guys think this kick is too fast when thrown naked?
Nah I think the naked speed is good, it’s behind the jab but even then it’s not toooo toooo bad
Old 06-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Don't bother. That wouldn't be evidence of it being underpowered.
I have provided evidence of how it is unpowered in terms of damage and speed, especially compared to real life.

So far youve sair about a high level fight, and how you feel damage is fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #46
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Ignoring damage.

What are your thoughts on upping the stun rates for flush, well timed liver kicks, as well as liver kicks to an opponent blocking high?

Say, off a lunge, or heavy strike intercept, youknow, in instances where it lands with a high vulnerability buff.

Two Thai knees will cause a body stun usually but 3 roundhouse kicks flush to the liver in quick succession never have for me (outside of a gassed opponent)

I don't really mind the damage done and stamina drain, but you can literally hurl your liver into Overeems shin with a lunge and be fine and dandy, that should knock the wind out of you for a few seconds atleast.

Something to simulate the utter brutality of all those toxins being forcibly slammed back into your body.
That's a good question. I'm quite neutral about it. I'm curious about what a small decrease in the rock tolerance i the body would do. But we'd have to ask the top guys if they think it would be likely to make the body shots OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
I have provided evidence of how it is unpowered in terms of damage and speed, especially compared to real life.

So far youve sair about a high level fight, and how you feel damage is fine.
You have provided data. That's not necessarily evidence.

If you're asking for a buff, the first think you must consider is if it would make the thing OP. If people are already throwing a healthy amount of these kicks, would a buff create an excessive preference for these techniques?

Data is generally good, but counting how many kicks for a KND in practice mode doesn't really help a lot in answering that question.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
You have provided data. That's not necessarily evidence.

If you're asking for a buff, the first think you must consider is if it would make the thing OP. If people are already throwing a healthy amount of these kicks, would a buff create an excessive preference for these techniques?

Data is generally good, but counting how many kicks for a KND in practice mode doesn't really help a lot in answering that question.
Actually it is, it shows the power what it is currently. They are currently used for there stamina drain. Now to answer would it make it op, depends what changes are made, if it s a power increase and speeed increase to naked kicks then no, it would make where they should be. If its just a power increase then it would still be underpowered due to how slow the strike is and is easily catchable.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #48
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Wouldn't know. Who the hell throws it naked? That should tell you something right there.
I throw them naked, but that's based on gauging my opponents reaction throughout the match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »