Home

PSA: You csn tell when you’re opponent is about to strike by their stamina meter...

This is a discussion on PSA: You csn tell when you’re opponent is about to strike by their stamina meter... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

OVR: 0
PSA: You csn tell when you’re opponent is about to strike by their stamina meter...

I noticed yesterday that their stamina is actually taxed right BEFORE their strike is thrown.

For example, if you see their stamina go down by a big chunk, they are about to throw a sig/power strike like a headkick or overhand.

Please excuse my awful grammar and spelling im typing this in my phone in a rush lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
MVP

Re: PSA: You csn tell when you’re opponent is about to strike by their stamina meter.

im in division 6 so i cant use this
Old 06-25-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Re: PSA: You csn tell when you’re opponent is about to strike by their stamina meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
im in division 6 so i cant use this
🙄

It shouldn’t be like this period. Most people aren’t in division 6.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:03 PM   #4
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I noticed yesterday that their stamina is actually taxed right BEFORE their strike is thrown.

For example, if you see their stamina go down by a big chunk, they are about to throw a sig/power strike like a headkick or overhand.

Please excuse my awful grammar and spelling im typing this in my phone in a rush lol

Yeah I do this a lot when I play certain people but you have to be quick. On Ranked I can't do this because I'm in Division 6 though.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch

you mean there's like, a DELAY between the button press and the strike? lol no way...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #6
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
you mean there's like, a DELAY between the button press and the strike? lol no way...
No there's no delay.

The stamina tax is applied on the first frame of the strike animation. But the animation blends in so the pose change is very small on the first frame.

Nice try though.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Lol i tried. On a side note, i think i have found possibly one source of dropped inputs. Playing as tony ferguson i noticed sometimes when i would release R2 and throw a straight punch i would get the elbow instead, like i was still holding R2. if you were a fighter without an R2 move it would just do nothing probably. Are there recovery frames on block when you haven't blocked a strike? if there are should a strike queue and fire off asap? i would think if you haven't blocked a strike there should be no recovery frame, and very few unless you block some heavy strikes or block something that causes a major animation change.

also, i think maybe one way to make the online experience nicer would be to ease up on startup frames online, since we are already dealing with a bit of lag just playing online in general
Old 06-26-2018, 08:56 PM   #8
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Isnt this kind of further proof there is a lack, which the devs refuse to acknowledge...? Or have they now? I haven't been on here as much lately.

The lag and the constant phone booth fighting has had me away from the game since the last patch. Also, that elbow instead of the jab issue mentioned over kills me, esp since the elbow doesn't really do anything.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »