Home

UFC4 on the PS5. Best combat sports game of all time?

This is a discussion on UFC4 on the PS5. Best combat sports game of all time? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2018, 04:30 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: UFC4 on the PS5. Best combat sports game of all time?

Well, if this happened this would stink because launch titles of a new console are usually weak.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Well, if this happened this would stink because launch titles of a new console are usually weak.
I mean cyberpunk and the last of us will probably be launch titles

Sent from my LGMP450 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-26-2018, 05:11 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
I mean cyberpunk and the last of us will probably be launch titles

tlou 2 most likely releasing on ps4. or maybe on ps5 christmas 2019? lol anyway can't wait for that game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #12
Pro

Which PS3 launch title was better than God of War 1 and 2?
Which Wii launch title was better than The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (it came out on Wii too but it was a port)?
Which PS4 launch title was better than The Last of Us?

If you then look at sports games on a new console they are usually very barebones. UFC Undisputed 1, EA UFC 1 and NHL 15 were all extremely limited in features. Even FIFA which overtook PES in the 360/PS3 era released a mediocre FIFA 07 first.

If anything, I think the best UFC 4 would be a late PS4-lifespan title that expands on UFC 3.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Which PS3 launch title was better than God of War 1 and 2?
Which Wii launch title was better than The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (it came out on Wii too but it was a port)?
Which PS4 launch title was better than The Last of Us?

If you then look at sports games on a new console they are usually very barebones. UFC Undisputed 1, EA UFC 1 and NHL 15 were all extremely limited in features. Even FIFA which overtook PES in the 360/PS3 era released a mediocre FIFA 07 first.

If anything, I think the best UFC 4 would be a late PS4-lifespan title that expands on UFC 3.
I'm not saying that launch titles are always game of the generation A+ award winning titles. I also feel like yearly sports game get even lazier when a new console come out. Their first iteration is normally like HEY CHECK OUT THESE NEW GRAPHICS, THE PLAYERS ACTUALLY SWEAT NOW. so they dont deep dive that much into modes or gameplay.
But if you want the closest comparison look at this very studios 3rd itteration on a new console for a combat sports game. Fight night round 3 released very soon after the xbox 360 released, and not even a month after ps3 released. Though I actually see a lot of people picking this fight night as their favorite one. It holds a score of 8.5/10 on gamespot/IGN and still holds up to this day
I dont know how you can say the best version of ufc 4 would come out on a ps4. These weak CPUs are really holding this game back. Not to mention the lack of 60 fps

Old 06-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #14
Banned

The best mma game was already released on a last gen console. Undisputed 3. For some reason no one wants to build off something that was truest amazing. I feel if gpd just for one second looked at that game and why we appreciated it it would be the best thing to happen to this game. We want pride mode. We want new positions. We want ground movement. We want struggles. We want doctor stoppages. We want draws. This game lacks one thing but it’s huge and that’s immersion
Old 06-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
I'm not saying that launch titles are always game of the generation A+ award winning titles. I also feel like yearly sports game get even lazier when a new console come out. Their first iteration is normally like HEY CHECK OUT THESE NEW GRAPHICS, THE PLAYERS ACTUALLY SWEAT NOW. so they dont deep dive that much into modes or gameplay.
That and in instances like Undisputed 09, EA MMA and EA UFC 1 they are basically building a game from the ground-up.

Quote:
But if you want the closest comparison look at this very studios 3rd itteration on a new console for a combat sports game. Fight night round 3 released very soon after the xbox 360 released, and not even a month after ps3 released. Though I actually see a lot of people picking this fight night as their favorite one. It holds a score of 8.5/10 on gamespot/IGN and still holds up to this day
Nobody is asking for backwards compatible Fight Night Round 3 though. Everyone wants Fight Night Champion which came out near the end of the life cycle.

Quote:
I dont know how you can say the best version of ufc 4 would come out on a ps4. These weak CPUs are really holding this game back. Not to mention the lack of 60 fps
Because they have the foundation from which the current game can expand on. UFC 3's development was evidently spent on reworking the striking system which limited their resources to work on other aspects of the game. People cherish Undisputed 3 for its features like PRIDE and random obscure positions nobody actually used but in terms of gameplay it didn't really change all much. They just polished, expanded and rebalanced Undisputed 2 gameplay. Undisputed 1 and 2 had very limited feature list because the focus went on the gameplay foundation.

You yourself said how next-gen games emphasize graphics and realistic nipple textures yet you are assuming that UFC 4 would be different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 12:46 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
The best mma game was already released on a last gen console. Undisputed 3. For some reason no one wants to build off something that was truest amazing. I feel if gpd just for one second looked at that game and why we appreciated it it would be the best thing to happen to this game. We want pride mode. We want new positions. We want ground movement. We want struggles. We want doctor stoppages. We want draws. This game lacks one thing but it’s huge and that’s immersion
Because the game wasn't actually that good. It was style over substance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »