Home

UFC4 on the PS5. Best combat sports game of all time?

This is a discussion on UFC4 on the PS5. Best combat sports game of all time? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2018, 01:39 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: UFC4 on the PS5. Best combat sports game of all time?

This thread is a SERIOUS case of Stockholm syndrome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 07:54 AM   #26
Rookie

I don't care about the future UFC 4
Please focus on UFC 3 updates get better and more interesting
Ragdoll and Finish the Fight come back
i can play long long time until UFC 4
UFC 3 Now I can't play a lot of time
They have many same animations that make me feel boring

When people say ufc undisputed 3 is the best
However, there was no update after the game was released
Still some need to be updated, but there is no
At that time, people were angry at this.

remember ?
When we bring into the floor to fight, we get disconnected

But indeed, ufc undisputed 3 is fun

Last edited by martialxd; 06-28-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #27
Pro

LarsP's Arena

At this point, with so few people actually liking the game, I'd be surprised if there was a UFC 4.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:04 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
At this point, with so few people actually liking the game, I'd be surprised if there was a UFC 4.
Theres a big difference between not liking the game, and wanting changes in the game. I think we can all agree this is a better game than UFC 2, but still needs to fixes here and there. Tbh as long as we're outselling EA NHL we're in the clear

Sent from my LGMP450 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
Theres a big difference between not liking the game, and wanting changes in the game. I think we can all agree this is a better game than UFC 2, but still needs to fixes here and there. Tbh as long as we're outselling EA NHL we're in the clear

I think its a stretch to say we all agree this is a better game than UFC 2

I honestly think UFC 2 played a lot better, because at least the grappling was ****ing functional
Old 06-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamdefencebrah
I think its a stretch to say we all agree this is a better game than UFC 2

I honestly think UFC 2 played a lot better, because at least the grappling was ****ing functional
No. This is definitely a better game than 2, UFC 2 did a few things better but its not a better package. Broken thai clinch, broken side control, that ****ing strike multiplier, parries, lead head kicks coming out as fast as a jab, leg kicks being borderline useless, opponents eating multiple spinning head kicks and haymakers with little to no damage, inability to close distance when opponent is rocked, terrible animations on a number of strikes, fewer grappling transitions. 3 > 2

Old 06-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
No. This is definitely a better game than 2, UFC 2 did a few things better but its not a better package. Broken thai clinch, broken side control, that ****ing strike multiplier, parries, lead head kicks coming out as fast as a jab, leg kicks being borderline useless, opponents eating multiple spinning head kicks and haymakers with little to no damage, inability to close distance when opponent is rocked, terrible animations on a number of strikes, fewer grappling transitions. 3 > 2

>broken thai clinch
it was easily avoidable though

>strike multiplier , parries and lead head kicks were too fast
true
>chins were too strong
true

However I'll raise you easily on this one

in ufc 2 you could follow people to the ground CONSISTENTLY after knocking them down. There wasn't a 20% chance of you just throwing a jab at the air above them.

Furthermore, in UFC 2 takedowns weren't completely nullified against anybody who was decent. UFC 2 also didn't have strike magnetism where the game decides to handle the footwork for you and slide you forward sometimes an entire foot to land a strike that shouldn't have landed.

UFC 3's standup isn't exactly great either man. You can throw a switch kick faster somehow if you throw a jab first in this game. it's kind of a joke. Now we don't have parries at all, when in reality they should have just removed the counter window. For ****s sakes how often do you see somebody even ATTEMPT a submission in ufc 3? In UFC 2 I would choke dudes out all the time. it's just not viable now. I'm still a relatively high level player but I'm basically forced to stand and bang.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamdefencebrah

However I'll raise you easily on this one

in ufc 2 you could follow people to the ground CONSISTENTLY after knocking them down. There wasn't a 20% chance of you just throwing a jab at the air above them.
That's jarring but it's hardly comparable to things like combo multiplier.

Quote:
Furthermore, in UFC 2 takedowns weren't completely nullified against anybody who was decent. UFC 2 also didn't have strike magnetism where the game decides to handle the footwork for you and slide you forward sometimes an entire foot to land a strike that shouldn't have landed.

UFC 3's standup isn't exactly great either man. You can throw a switch kick faster somehow if you throw a jab first in this game. it's kind of a joke. Now we don't have parries at all, when in reality they should have just removed the counter window. For ****s sakes how often do you see somebody even ATTEMPT a submission in ufc 3? In UFC 2 I would choke dudes out all the time. it's just not viable now. I'm still a relatively high level player but I'm basically forced to stand and bang.
Striking wise it is flawed but it is still more enjoyable than UFC 2's combofest. I can see grapplers being frustrated at ground game being nerfed but as someone who avoided grappling in both games it funnily enough makes the game more enjoyable for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »