Home

UFC 3 Patch Spoilers (6/29/2018)

This is a discussion on UFC 3 Patch Spoilers (6/29/2018) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2018, 06:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 3 Patch Spoilers (6/29/2018)

They generally like to save a few of the major ones for a little later on. These weren't really too high on my list but i see no issues with the 5 things here.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:31 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
What's the issue? That nothing huge was announced immediately or you don't like these changes?

I don't see how they're bad?
I'm not saying there isn't other things that.need work (Stamina drain!!!) but I don't think making making walking into a round strike more damaging to your block, or increased shoot range for cage TDs is a step backwards.

Like.. at all.

GPD might not have dropped any bombs but yeah.. I wouldn't call this a step backwards.
You mentioned you don't play online enough to understand why some of these patches if nothing else is added are problematic.

How patches play a role in online and offline are two complete different things.

But to answer your question, this game already revolves heavily around pressure and it is very difficult to fight from a distance online unless you are almost always countering. This patch makes certain elements even harder, specifically the ones that apply to circling.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:23 PM   #11
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
FINISH THE FIGHT AND RAGDOLL

I made it a bigger font so that it is more likely to happen. Thats how it works right?
Are you sure that you're not my long lost brother? Lol just kidding but I think you and I are the only people on here who are this adamant about having ragdoll KOs and FTF implemented in this game. Literally if those are the only 2 improvements they add to this game before they're done working on it I'll be a happy man and honestly this game probably won't be removed from my PS4 in the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2018, 08:48 PM   #12
Rookie

as much as i'm all for FTF and ragdoll knockdowns, man there are so many problems right now i just don't see these things being most peoples' biggest priority. I don't even try to jump on people cause even in the fetal position you're more likely to just A: punch the air like an idiot, B: fall into guard and get subbed or something else. Today i nailed a guy with 3 blast combos (jab upper, hook hook, right in a row, he went fetal, tried to jump on, got subbed. FFS... now i just kick the legs. Especially in UT. Best i can get my CAF to is about 80 sub D. try to get out of sub if a guy has 100 subO, even if he has little to no stamina. its way too difficult.

Last edited by HereticFighter; 06-29-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:07 PM   #13
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
as much as i'm all for FTF and ragdoll knockdowns, man there are so many problems right now i just don't see these things being most peoples' biggest priority. I don't even try to jump on people cause even in the fetal position you're more likely to just A: punch the air like an idiot, B: fall into guard and get subbed or something else. Today i nailed a guy with 3 blast combos (jab upper, hook hook, right in a row, he went fetal, tried to jump on, got subbed. FFS... now i just kick the legs. Especially in UT. Best i can get my CAF to is about 80 sub D. try to get out of sub if a guy has 100 subO, even if he has little to no stamina. its way too difficult.
I'm with ya on the subs but I think the reason ragdoll KOs and FTF are so crucial is because these were in UFC 2 and adding these back in seems to only be logical. I dont think as a whole UFC 3 is a step backwards but in a couple areas it is,especially these 2 elements. I
These 2 additions alone would improve the game so much. I definitely share your sentiments with submission defense. Although I dont get submitted quite as much right now as I was since the last 2 patches, I still am tapping way too much,especially with full or near full stamina.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:16 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide1980
Are you sure that you're not my long lost brother? Lol just kidding but I think you and I are the only people on here who are this adamant about having ragdoll KOs and FTF implemented in this game. Literally if those are the only 2 improvements they add to this game before they're done working on it I'll be a happy man and honestly this game probably won't be removed from my PS4 in the foreseeable future.

Yeah man I can't even fully explain why its so important to my enjoyment of the game, it just is. I guess the best I can explain is that everything else you do during a fight leads up to the finish. So if the finish sucks, or looks like your last 30 finishes, it is SOOO underwhelming to me. Ragdoll and a better Finish the Fight system creates a much more dynamic and even choice based (walk-off KO or follow your opponent down) finish to fights. I'm with ya, if those two things were added, I'd be happy till UFC 4. Obviously there is much still that could be added (and I hope a lot of it makes it in), but I would honestly be happy with the game.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:26 PM   #15
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Yeah man I can't even fully explain why its so important to my enjoyment of the game, it just is. I guess the best I can explain is that everything else you do during a fight leads up to the finish. So if the finish sucks, or looks like your last 30 finishes, it is SOOO underwhelming to me. Ragdoll and a better Finish the Fight system creates a much more dynamic and even choice based (walk-off KO or follow your opponent down) finish to fights. I'm with ya, if those two things were added, I'd be happy till UFC 4. Obviously there is much still that could be added (and I hope a lot of it makes it in), but I would honestly be happy with the game.
No need to explain why these things are important,anyone who's an MMA fan knows exactly why. Man I cant even begin to tell you how many amazing fights I've had and then I drop my opponent and I just awkwardly stand there as they get up.......or I land a crisp headkick that clips them in the side of the head and they fall backwards with their hands up for the 10 millionth time. Its moments like these that take away all the momentum of an epic back and forth fight that's otherwise memorable.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2018, 10:19 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
You mentioned you don't play online enough to understand why some of these patches if nothing else is added are problematic.

How patches play a role in online and offline are two complete different things.

But to answer your question, this game already revolves heavily around pressure and it is very difficult to fight from a distance online unless you are almost always countering. This patch makes certain elements even harder, specifically the ones that apply to circling.
Fair enough, you're right, I don't consider how these things affect online, I'll have to try to play a few more quick fights and keep it in consideration.

With that said, I completely agree that distance management favors the pressure fighter and I do hope we get some buffs to outside fighting, even offline pressure heavy AI's are almost impossible to maintain distance from unless you rock em to back em off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »