Home

What is so hard about making a good stamina system?

This is a discussion on What is so hard about making a good stamina system? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2018, 01:15 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What is so hard about making a good stamina system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No. I'm just amazed that someone waited until their first post to post something like that. Especially given that they joined OS today. Also, that this person references a dev with their user name.

You seem to know alot about this forum, the devs and the users here for someone who joined today. You must've been reading non stop in the last 13 hrs. Its really impressive honestly.
i read this forum for a while before i posted. I think your probably right in this case but still, too many people making too many assumptions around here isn't helping either. Remember, don't feed the trolls. If someone is going crazy, short to the point answers diffuse them quickly, or totally ignoring them works hahaha.

I think Most of us that want a stamina tax change didn't like it at launch either. i'm sure there is a middle ground we can hit, and i feel like its not really that far off, just take everyones overall stamina down a bit. Then the only mode with ridiculous stamina is UT but no one hardly even plays that this time lol.

Every time a nerf/buff was happening its been a bit heavy handed. just take things down a little bit, see if people respond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
So you want those who disagree with you to compromise but you won't?

k
Huh?

One more time.

I WANT SIM STAMINA.

I've said it multiple times here. I've said it multiple times in this thread. I've said it tons of times behind the scenes.

You dont have to compromise with me. I agree with you.

Im just not sticking my head in the sand and ignoring the information I've been given.

If the devs have info that leads them to believe that most of the community would have an issue with sim stamina...the best approach is to find a way to move you closer to your goal while not going so far that other parts of the community have issues with it.

I've thrown out ideas like reducing the amount of stamina regen between rounds or slightly increasing strike stamina lost from missed (not whiffed) punches. I'm sure you would have some too.

Thats better than just yelling that you want something and ignoring the fact that the rest of the community may disagree with you.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #67
Rookie

I think some people overestimate the influence of GC's
Old 07-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Huh?

Again, why shouldnt I believe them? The people I've talked to have seen the data. Oh, you are one of those people that only believe something if you've seen it? Never accept anyone's word for anything? Ok.

Furthermore, I dont give a **** if you take me seriously or not. There are people here with clear agendas. You are one of them. I accepted that a while back and take every post of yours with a grain of salt.
Aholbert, you're OS forums biggest troll. You jump on every post with your arguments, your data and stuff but you never had any data. Just believe what people tell you ... hope you know they are not your friends or whatever.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:24 PM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
I think some people overestimate the influence of GC's
Depends on what you are talking about. When it comes to AI or ratings, I'm happy with the amount of influence I have. The devs have been great about letting me have input in those areas.

In other areas, I have some but not as much as others but thats for valid reasons. I cant talk much about the meta in ranked because I rarely play it. Also on ideas like sim stamina, if 2, 3 or 4 other GCs dislike the idea, its not likely to get much traction.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:26 PM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stChrisso
Aholbert, you're OS forums biggest troll. You jump on every post with your arguments, your data and stuff but you never had any data. Just believe what people tell you ... hope you know they are not your friends or whatever.
Nah. I dont. I actually dont post in a lot of threads. I post alot in the few threads I do. 3/4 of the issues people post about I either have no opinion about or dont give a **** about it so I dont post.

Like I said, I know what you are about so your opinion of me really doesnt matter to me at all.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Huh?

One more time.

I WANT SIM STAMINA.

I've said it multiple times here. I've said it multiple times in this thread. I've said it tons of times behind the scenes.

You dont have to compromise with me. I agree with you.

Im just not sticking my head in the sand and ignoring the information I've been given.

If the devs have info that leads them to believe that most of the community would have an issue with sim stamina...the best approach is to find a way to move you closer to your goal while not going so far that other parts of the community have issues with it.

I've thrown out ideas like reducing the amount of stamina regen between rounds or slightly increasing strike stamina lost from missed (not whiffed) punches. I'm sure you would have some too.

Thats better than just yelling that you want something and ignoring the fact that the rest of the community may disagree with you.
I understand you want sim stamina. What you don't seem to get is I am saying you don't try to compromise but then tell others to compromise. It seems you are just trying to snuff out requests.

I mean for example the famous hand fighting argument. I and many others want it in the game. You don't 'care'. So I offered a compromise of waiting to include hand traps and such in the next game and get in fundamental basic techniques like clinch breaks for punches and pawing being tied to grappling instead etc.

I am not ignoring those who disagree with me. I am actively discussing the issues with them.. if anyone is ignoring it's you.

The majority of this forum (samples matter) want better stamina in, but you ignore it. You just discriminate against them by labeling them as 'hardcore' or whatever and not 'elite' so their input matters less apparently.

If you are so confident about the casuals liking the stamina in it's current state what's so difficult about concrete evidence for such a claim.

I mean if you constantly devalue polls and input on forums like this what's the point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #72
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyGPDusrsbro

This isn't an attack on him, it's only stating the facts (I'm sure the mods will end up deleting this post anyways because you're charlatans who only allow an echo chamber).
Nope. Gonna leave this up so people can see the misinformed foolishness that gets you banned combined with being a PBU. And because I know you'll see this; if you don't like it here, no one is asking you to be here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »