Home

Should realistic circling out be in the game?

This is a discussion on Should realistic circling out be in the game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should circling out and rhythm manipulation be in the game
Yes 31 91.18%
No 2 5.88%
Other(what ever opinion you have where you feel it’s not black and white) 2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Should realistic circling out be in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Again everybody knows that. The devs know that. The GCs know that. Comp fighters know that.

The point you have to prove alone is that "against pressure outside fighting is not viable". Thats it.

Some of the GC's will argue you down and say that it is and that you guys either arent or dont know how to use the tools available.

Videos of you showing use of the tools and still struggling to create space is proof that it isnt viable. Showing people using pressure fighting successfully doesnt prove that outside fighting isnt viable.
Both are necessary though. Proving how viable pressure fighting is shows then what is missing from outside fighting, it shows how its op. Getting the clips togethee.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:40 PM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Again everybody knows that. The devs know that. The GCs know that. Comp fighters know that.

The point you have to prove alone is that "against pressure outside fighting is not viable". Thats it.

Some of the GC's will argue you down and say that it is and that you guys either arent or dont know how to use the tools available.

Videos of you showing use of the tools and still struggling to create space is proof that it isnt viable. Showing people using pressure fighting successfully doesnt prove that outside fighting isnt viable.
So it's a binary thing - viable or non-viable? Surely everyone can see how much easier one is than the other, even if the latter can be used successfully. That's the opposite of balance. 2-3 gamechangers can say "that's running, we don't want that" and the "running" is dead. However, when an entire forum says pressure is hell to deal with and there's clearly an advantage for it, "hard evidence" is needed. Hell, even you said they don't have much proof for "running". I don't get it, honestly, it's not quantum physics, things are clear as day, yet we're having the same discussions over and over.

PS: what's the gamechangers' argument anyway? Realism? Don't make me laugh. I don't care what "elite" players like, fight like that in real life and you'd be gassed near the end of Round 2, or, what is more likely - get slept. It's all about what a handful of people want to do. How's that fair for anyone? I thought a community elected them , how are they working for the community? Why are the devs catering to a handful of people? This is ridiculous, honestly.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 07-10-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:43 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:

No one uses the tools because of such a heavy stamina tax on them. Why would you use a tool that only hurts you in the long run? This is not a valid argument
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #76
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
So it's a binary thing - viable or non-viable? Surely everyone can see how much easier one is than the other, even if the latter can be used successfully. That's the opposite of balance. 2-3 gamechangers can say "that's running, we don't want that" and the "running" is dead. However, when an entire forum says pressure is hell to deal with and there's clearly an advantage for it, "hard evidence" is needed. Hell, even you said they don't have much proof for "running". I don't get it, honestly, it's not quantum physics, things are clear as day, yet we're having the same discussions over and over.
A couple of points:

- They arent just saying its rampant...they are providing evidence to show it. Now I've debated with them that their videos dont really show what they claim but its been enough to convince the devs that movement tools need restrictions in order to balance them.

- This "entire forum" hasnt presented the same evidence. Like I said, I hear alot of talk but when I say "hey man post a video", its usually met with silence. ****, that doesnt just apply to outside fighting. Ive done this on several other game issues.

- Its not just 3 gamechangers. There are people in the ESFL chat. People in the discord. People on Reddit. People who hit GPD up on Twitter. This forum isnt the end all and be all of EA UFC discussions. I disagree with all of their takes on this subject but I've seen plenty of people in the ESFL chat complain about "running".
Old 07-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #77
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
No one uses the tools because of such a heavy stamina tax on them. Why would you use a tool that only hurts you in the long run? This is not a valid argument
The heavy stamina tax is only on the straight arm. There is no heavy stamina tax on the push. No heavy stamina tax on the side lunge and circle. No heavy stamina tax on the back lunge. Even the straight arm tax was greatly reduced.

That isnt an excuse for not using those tools at all.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #78
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Higher levels players do what ever is successful

If it’s duck uppercut you’ll see that. If it’s slow paced counter striking you’ll see that. All you see currently (and all that has ever been seen) is constant aggression because that’s what’s most effective. They care about winning above all else.

That’s why they’re resisting outside fighting buffs because of a fear of it becoming the meta.
Yes but also because they believe it takes less skill to use outside fighting if you buff it. They also believe that those buffs will make the game less enjoyable and fun.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
A couple of points:

- They arent just saying its rampant...they are providing evidence to show it. Now I've debated with them that their videos dont really show what they claim but its been enough to convince the devs that movement tools need restrictions in order to balance them.

- This "entire forum" hasnt presented the same evidence. Like I said, I hear alot of talk but when I say "hey man post a video", its usually met with silence. ****, that doesnt just apply to outside fighting. Ive done this on several other game issues.

- Its not just 3 gamechangers. There are people in the ESFL chat. People in the discord. People on Reddit. People who hit GPD up on Twitter. This forum isnt the end all and be all of EA UFC discussions. I disagree with all of their takes on this subject but I've seen plenty of people in the ESFL chat complain about "running".
I edited my post, in case you want to check it out. Okay, it's not "a handful of people". In any case, one group of people is getting what they want and it's nowhere near realistic, it's attrocious, and the other is given scraps and literal paper over cracks.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Yes but also because they believe it takes less skill to use outside fighting if you buff it. They also believe that those buffs will make the game less enjoyable and fun.
Everyone’s different so I cant really argue what’s fun/enjoyable.

We also had a large topic about magnetic/sliding strikes with plenty of evidence

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »