Home

Should realistic circling out be in the game?

This is a discussion on Should realistic circling out be in the game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should circling out and rhythm manipulation be in the game
Yes 31 91.18%
No 2 5.88%
Other(what ever opinion you have where you feel it’s not black and white) 2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2018, 07:56 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Should realistic circling out be in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Would you be willing to post a video clip of you circling out?

You’re the first person I’ve ever heard claim circling out was already in the game, but if you say it is I’m inclined to believe you of all people.
You can circle if in close range if you strike while doing so

From far away you can advanced lunge

For true rhythm manipulation and set ups we need small lunges to be as effective as UFC 2.

They used to work like fight night but have been ruined
Old 07-03-2018, 08:00 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Rhythm manipulation and circling out are already in the game, you are just too bad to see it. It drives me absolutely insane when the game literally has the tools people want but they are too blind to see it. People want to be spoonfed everything rather than put in the work to achieve it.

If you stopped trying to 1-2 single collar and 2 gate guillotine every person you played, you would probably figure it out.

I messaged you because you are constantly bashing the developers on social media, Twitch, and these forums. You also insult the GC team which I again took offense to.

I’ve been nothing but nice and respectful to you up to this point, and have helped you on both UFC2 and UFC3 for HOURS only for you to go insult me behind my back.

If you have good ideas for the game, of course they are welcomed but the majority of the time you open your mouth you are spewing nonsense that you don’t even understand.
Not a fan of you criticizing people for wanting to be “spoonfed” when you’ve openly admitted you like the game catering to aggression because you get bored if you cant forced tons of exhanges.

Right now the game “spoonfeeds” people in terms of stamina and range management yet I’ve never seen you upset about that.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Not a fan of you criticizing people for wanting to be “spoonfed” when you’ve openly admitted you like the game catering to aggression because you get bored if you cant forced tons of exhanges.

Right now the game “spoonfeeds” people in terms of stamina and range management yet I’ve never seen you upset about that.
Just remember we’re all casuals and we don’t know what we want. The game caters to hard to pressure fighters. It’s been that way since launch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 12:32 PM   #12
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

The problem with the "circling" options we have, is that they get you KO'd if you try them, because most people are blindly moving forward spamming block breaking combos, getting you to the cage, and spamming 5-punch combos nonstop, and there's basically nothing you can do about it if your fighter has a slower punch speed.

It should be possible to circle out without risking an instant KO. The game rewards blindy combo spamming WAY too much. Counter striking doesn't work, head movement is basically useless, blocking gets melted with 1 combo.

It's all about who gets their combo off first, over and over again. The game was honestly better when it first came out in many ways, at least in the standup.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:06 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik
The problem with the "circling" options we have, is that they get you KO'd if you try them, because most people are blindly moving forward spamming block breaking combos, getting you to the cage, and spamming 5-punch combos nonstop, and there's basically nothing you can do about it if your fighter has a slower punch speed.

It should be possible to circle out without risking an instant KO. The game rewards blindy combo spamming WAY too much. Counter striking doesn't work, head movement is basically useless, blocking gets melted with 1 combo.

It's all about who gets their combo off first, over and over again. The game was honestly better when it first came out in many ways, at least in the standup.
Everything is definitely about combos even circling. If you practice it you can circle while getting off your hard combo and be pretty safe.

Just throw a stationary strike first then start circling while inputting the rest. Take some practice for timing but it’s possible.

I definitely want aggression viable in this game. I love watching guys like Gaethje fight and I use Derrick Lewis myself at HW. Just want every style to be given a fair chance.

Give me short hops like in UFC 2 for dudes with 90+ footwork and it would go a long way for outside fighting
Old 07-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #14
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

I agree, aggression should be rewarded. But right now it's rewarded WAY too much.
There should be viable defensive options. There really aren't. All these dumb additions the devs have made to help increase range don't work, because as soon as you use them (at a huge stamina cost), all your opponent has to do is just throw another 1-2 and they're glued on your face again.

Head movement is basically suicide now. Even if you know which strikes are coming, and time them well, 75% of the time you eat the strike anyway, and now you're stunlocked and eating 2-4 more without being able to do anything about it.

Counter striking is nearly useless, strikes backing up literally don't even connect, despite all other forward-moving strikes warping you several feet forward onto your opponent. Lots of counter strikes that SHOULD have done horrendous damage don't even register (how is it that a rear knee gets canceled out by a takedown attempt??!).

To win:
1. Have even the tiniest striking speed advantage over your opponent.
2. Throw constant 4 or 5-hit combos. Doesn't matter if you use the same one every time, as long as you get yours off before your opponent gets theirs, 3-10 times during the fight, you win.
3. Back opponent up to cage.
4. Spam jab -> straight/right hook -> left hook -> right hook
5. If that gets blocked, do it again, their block is broken.
6. Repeat until victorious.

Last edited by Nekrotik; 07-03-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik
I agree, aggression should be rewarded. But right now it's rewarded WAY too much.
There should be viable defensive options. There really aren't. All these dumb additions the devs have made to help increase range don't work, because as soon as you use them (at a huge stamina cost), all your opponent has to do is just throw another 1-2 and they're glued on your face again.

Head movement is basically suicide now. Even if you know which strikes are coming, and time them well, 75% of the time you eat the strike anyway, and now you're stunlocked and eating 2-4 more without being able to do anything about it.

Counter striking is nearly useless, strikes backing up literally don't even connect, despite all other forward-moving strikes warping you several feet forward onto your opponent. Lots of counter strikes that SHOULD have done horrendous damage don't even register (how is it that a rear knee gets canceled out by a takedown attempt??!).

To win:
1. Have even the tiniest striking speed advantage over your opponent.
2. Throw constant 4 or 5-hit combos. Doesn't matter if you use the same one every time, as long as you get yours off before your opponent gets theirs, 3-10 times during the fight, you win.
3. Back opponent up to cage.
4. Spam jab -> straight/right hook -> left hook -> right hook
5. If that gets blocked, do it again, their block is broken.
6. Repeat until victorious.
I wouldnt go that far. I do agree that the game caters to aggression but we have been given a lot of tools to deal with it. The head movement in particular is very good if you know your opponent’s patterns.

People spamming straights lose to the minor lead leg sway into 2-3. Back lunge is also really good against hooks/uppercuts. We can circle pretty fast while striking (I actually think this is OP right now and should be based on footwork stat). Striking speed isnt quite as inportant as timing/prediction.

Now if you’re fighting Div5 and above everythinf you said may be true but I know at least in Div4 there are options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 05:10 PM   #16
Banned

Don’t want to let this thread die as it’s based solely out of realism and an important aspect of many martial arts not present in the game. It benefits everyone

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »