Home

Should realistic circling out be in the game?

This is a discussion on Should realistic circling out be in the game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should circling out and rhythm manipulation be in the game
Yes 31 91.18%
No 2 5.88%
Other(what ever opinion you have where you feel it’s not black and white) 2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2018, 06:47 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Should realistic circling out be in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Throwing hard combos and circling off of them

Hi Kinetic

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-07-2018, 06:49 AM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
Hi Kinetic

Watch his ESFL fights
Old 07-07-2018, 06:52 AM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Watch his ESFL fights

Lol I’m just having a laugh.

Anyway, the thing is, we are talking about one of the best players in the game here. He is not the standard. He is an elite level player. He understands all the intricacies that should not be necessary to understand in order to deal with a bum rusher.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2018, 10:19 AM   #52
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
Lol I’m just having a laugh.

Anyway, the thing is, we are talking about one of the best players in the game here. He is not the standard. He is an elite level player. He understands all the intricacies that should not be necessary to understand in order to deal with a bum rusher.

His approach isnt what people are complaining about either. I was watching the Adesanya fight last night and I kept noticing that he was able to circle out of pressure relatively easy.

He didnt have to wait for a strike to circle out.
He didnt have to throw "hard combos" to circle out.

He just did it because he had better footwork than Tavares.

What sucks is that if we simulated that fight strike for strike and move for move in UFC3, some people would call that running. It absolutely infuriates me.

I dont want to be forced to ALWAYS use strikes to determine where the fight is. I dont want to have to be solely reactionary to determine if I can circle out. If I have someone with better footwork, I should be able to lunge and move to create my distance.

Last edited by aholbert32; 07-07-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
His approach isnt what people are complaining about either. I was watching the Adesanya fight last night and I kept noticing that he was able to circle out of pressure relatively easy.

He didnt have to wait for a strike to circle out.
He didnt have to throw "hard combos" to circle out.

He just did it because he had better footwork than Tavares.

What sucks is that if we simulated that fight strike for strike and move for move in UFC3, some people would call that running. It absolutely infuriates me.

I dont want to be forced to ALWAYS use strikes to determine where the fight is. I dont want to have to be solely reactionary to determine if I can circle out. If I have someone with better footwork, I should be able to lunge and move to create my distance.
It ain’t running ITS FIGHTING SMART. Smart players are being punished. We don’t want to engage all the time. We want you to wear down and crush you for not being patient. It doesn’t pay to play a patient competent style
Old 07-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #54
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik
I agree, aggression should be rewarded. But right now it's rewarded WAY too much.
There should be viable defensive options. There really aren't. All these dumb additions the devs have made to help increase range don't work, because as soon as you use them (at a huge stamina cost), all your opponent has to do is just throw another 1-2 and they're glued on your face again.

Head movement is basically suicide now. Even if you know which strikes are coming, and time them well, 75% of the time you eat the strike anyway, and now you're stunlocked and eating 2-4 more without being able to do anything about it.

Counter striking is nearly useless, strikes backing up literally don't even connect, despite all other forward-moving strikes warping you several feet forward onto your opponent. Lots of counter strikes that SHOULD have done horrendous damage don't even register (how is it that a rear knee gets canceled out by a takedown attempt??!).

To win:
1. Have even the tiniest striking speed advantage over your opponent.
2. Throw constant 4 or 5-hit combos. Doesn't matter if you use the same one every time, as long as you get yours off before your opponent gets theirs, 3-10 times during the fight, you win.
3. Back opponent up to cage.
4. Spam jab -> straight/right hook -> left hook -> right hook
5. If that gets blocked, do it again, their block is broken.
6. Repeat until victorious.

Everything you said is damn near spot on about the few things I dislike about certain playstyles, so I try to change things up when I run across certain people that play like that.
https://youtu.be/VQ6jLV9OKHQ (Rear Knee KO)

I try backing up ever so slightly when it comes to throwing the knee/front kick, so it can interrupt the takedown attempt. It helps.

And for dealing with pressure fighters, (https://youtu.be/NAumy6CIeew) the straight hook works really well if you use the left stick to back up to get the little bit of distance to stop them with the straight. If outside fighting gets a little reasonable buff I would absolutely love it.

For head movement, I learned the best way to use it and not get stun locked, is to refrain from using the counters from head movement until necessary, and just drain their stamina with it. Slip, block, back away, body shot or when it comes to the jab uppercut hook, block the first two, back sway the hook, return fire with a lead body hook or two hooks yourself. (There's still a problem with the 3 hit moving forward strikes in which the 3rd strike will hit your guard while you're backing up, even if it doesn't connect and other players I know have been noticing this as well, so hopefully that gets addressed.)

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 07-09-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #55
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
I've been thinking about this more and the truth is, there are a lot of tools in the game right now for dealing with pressure AND also circling out.

It doesn't mean these tools are as easy to use as they should be but they are there and i think there's one more thing that could be done to indirectly buff these tools in a realistic way without nerfing INTELLIGENT pressure fighting.

Lets get one thing clear first. Memorizing and queuing up 4 hit combos repeatedly is NOT intelligent pressure fighting. The more you string combinations together, especially in a chasing manner, the HARDER it is actually trap opponents and there's a reason for that.

PHYSICS:

Now I don't know how to explain this with Physics terms (Maybe someone could help) but....
If you run forward in a straight line and stop abruptly, you don't come to a complete halt, rather you tend to take a few extra steps (Maybe less) before coming to a full stop. The same is true when you attempt to change directions quickly.

This also happens while striking, especially when you're feet isn't planted.

If a throws a forward moving lunging strike and my opponent lunges out of the way, the fighter is almost always forced to take a few extra steps before being able to change directions again. It's not instant.

Example:

Notice how Robert almost fell into the cage while trying to halt after he missed that straight. He couldn't help it. While his body was doing that, Stephen was able to circle back out to the center.

Another example:

The distance Stephen created against Patrick there wouldn't be possible without that additional step Patrick had to take after he whiffed. The whiff plus the extra step, plus the time it took him to turn back around and face Thompson again is what makes the lunge effective.

How does this work in the game though?

Well it doesn't exist in the game. And that's what makes using the lunge so difficult, because even when you use it successfully to evade a strike, the fighter that missed IMMEDIATELY ends up directly in front of you.

I'll demonstrate this point by using the most exaggerated one I know... The spinning heel kick.

Notice the extra steps after the kick is thrown? That's realistic. But what happens when you duck the kick and lunge to the side?

The fighter turns with you as he recovers from the whiff basically making the side lunge useless in that scenario. This is not realistic. You don't get to chose what direction you recover in... You recover in thesame direction you were heading. He should keep recovering in the original direction of the kick and ONLY turn back to face you when he is done with his recovery.

If this worked properly, the side lunge would be an effective tool to actually create space without ANY direct buffs to it at all.

My suggestion is this.

Any strike that realistically forces an extra step or few extra steps after it's missed should KEEP going in thesame direction until recovery is complete and only after completion should the fighter turn and face the opponent.

BTW, this includes combos. If i queue up a forward moving 1-2-3 combo, i'm committing fully to it in a forward direction. EVEN if the opponent lunged to the side making the Jab miss, DON'T REDIRECT THE STRAIGHT TO FOLLOW THE OPPONENT!!! Keep the combo forward in it's original direction until it's complete.

It should be up to the player to notice that his opponent has lunged and then STOP the rest of the combo (Which you can do) and after he stops, he can then face the opponent again and try again.

This is the outside fighting buff that is needed.

Thoughts?
Spot on Martial!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #56
Pro

The controls for circling out could be pressing down on L3

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »