Home

Should realistic circling out be in the game?

This is a discussion on Should realistic circling out be in the game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should circling out and rhythm manipulation be in the game
Yes 31 91.18%
No 2 5.88%
Other(what ever opinion you have where you feel it’s not black and white) 2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2018, 10:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Should realistic circling out be in the game?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qFdQraGSWd0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9fg8Dmib2E

These are the ideas I was told by a gcEr were crap and bad for the game. They are based out of realism. I was told don’t speak out on social media or the forums. That I would ruin the game. But pressure fighting is now even more lethal. Hook spam will be prevelant if we don’t get this. It is not okay to just back up as an outside fighter. The push will help but it is not enough. This isn’t crying like a child. This isn’t trying to take an easy way out. These are facts. This is realism. This is basic fighting technique. Ufc 2 has something very close. Why not three? Circling is the basic defensive maneuver against pressure. It’s not op. It’s not cheese. It’s smart fighting. It’s for the people who care about what they throw.

Exhibit B(also based in fact) the counter to circling out
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=bTAvtQciyGw
Rhythm manipulation is used against fighters who move around too much. It’s used for pressure fighters to not be predictable. It is a needed element the game lacks so badly. When you throw strikes you never throw them the same way. The game even mentions changing up the rhythm and power of which the strikes are thrown. But when you understand what it really is it is not in the game. It is severely overlooked. Most high level fights are ALOT of pokes and the occasional combination with varied rhythm to catch your opponent lacking. For example I could throw 1-2-3 manipulate my opponent to it and throw 123. Fast fast hard. Hard hard fast. This is what makes striking a chess game. Not just round and straight strikes. Why are two of the most technical and important details called “garbage ideas”. I would question if the person saying this knows about fighting technique . Any basic muay thai or boxing instructor or even karate will teach you this. Because it’s a basic mechanic and tool of striking. Do you think these concepts have a place in the game? I’ll leave a poll. I do this with the utmost love and respect for Geoff. His work has provided me years of enjoyment from ufc 1 to now. I only hope that basic mechanics aren’t left out and that people who’ve actually trained striking in the gamechangers program are who’s opinion counts the most. I do not insult anyone in the program. They do care and they try to listen. But this is so blaringly obvious it should be in there. Leaving out these two simple things are creating all the problems in the striking department. Add circling out and also add rhythm manipulation. If you say you can’t cut the cage you are not doing it right. It should show you where you are in the skill gap. Outside fighters pick their shots and constantly circle for rounds and rounds. It’s a basic cardio drill. I despise Unrealism. It robs me and so many of so much immersion. It’s a basic tool in jiu jitsu to keep and green zone distance which is out of range. You manipulate yourself into close green zone when you are trying to quickly grab underhooks. Not the labored clinch attempts we currently have. Takedowns and grappling rely on snap second decisions and reading your opponent and maintaining the distance. This isn’t just for strikers. It’s for grapplers too. I am excited for what’s to come but it simply is not enough to anyone who knows fighting. Vote. Voice your opinion. With love - bangnswang

Last edited by 1212headkick; 07-02-2018 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2018, 11:50 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Re: Should realistic circling out be in the game?

Rhythm manipulation and circling out are already in the game, you are just too bad to see it. It drives me absolutely insane when the game literally has the tools people want but they are too blind to see it. People want to be spoonfed everything rather than put in the work to achieve it.

If you stopped trying to 1-2 single collar and 2 gate guillotine every person you played, you would probably figure it out.

I messaged you because you are constantly bashing the developers on social media, Twitch, and these forums. You also insult the GC team which I again took offense to.

I’ve been nothing but nice and respectful to you up to this point, and have helped you on both UFC2 and UFC3 for HOURS only for you to go insult me behind my back.

If you have good ideas for the game, of course they are welcomed but the majority of the time you open your mouth you are spewing nonsense that you don’t even understand.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:02 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Rhythm manipulation and circling out are already in the game, you are just too bad to see it. It drives me absolutely insane when the game literally has the tools people want but they are too blind to see it. People want to be spoonfed everything rather than put in the work to achieve it.

If you stopped trying to 1-2 single collar and 2 gate guillotine every person you played, you would probably figure it out.

I messaged you because you are constantly bashing the developers on social media, Twitch, and these forums. You also insult the GC team which I again took offense to.

I’ve been nothing but nice and respectful to you up to this point, and have helped you on both UFC2 and UFC3 for HOURS only for you to go insult me behind my back.

If you have good ideas for the game, of course they are welcomed but the majority of the time you open your mouth you are spewing nonsense that you don’t even understand.
I’m not going to fire back. You insulted me. That’s fine. Called this community a bunch of casuals and re**rds. That’s fine. My issue is simply the hard evidence I’ve presented. I don’t wish to trade insults. Only ideas of how this basic footwork and striking technique can be implemented. I respect you as a player but in the same token I don’t respect outside fighters being called runners or cheeses. We truly are the upper echelon. We understand striking. We understand what it trust means to make you miss again and again till we’ve widdled you to nothing. I tried to discuss this further but it seems you have blocked me. Now it falls to the community you’ve called casuals and ******s. Rhythm manipulation is not in the game. You can’t vary the speed or power thrown with every strike. Circling out is not in the game. It’s a very specific technique that all fighters follow. In the game you are forced to move backwards instead of laterally.

Last edited by 1212headkick; 07-03-2018 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:40 AM   #4
Rookie

Man typed a whole book
Old 07-03-2018, 12:59 AM   #5
Banned

Wanted to be as detailed as possible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 01:09 AM   #6
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

We could play right now and I’ll manipulate the **** out of your rhythm bro.

WHILE IM MOVING LEFT AND RIGHT :O!!
Old 07-03-2018, 01:23 AM   #7
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:

Would you be willing to post a video clip of you circling out?

You’re the first person I’ve ever heard claim circling out was already in the game, but if you say it is I’m inclined to believe you of all people.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:48 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:

You can’t because you can’t change the speed or rhythm of the strikes. Slowing down how much your throwing isn’t rhythm manipulation. Which game changer have I specifically insulted? You’ve insulted this whole community on social media. I seriously tried to talk with you. Instead you called my ideas trash. Spoonfed? We shouldn’t have to do anything extra to circle out but circling out itself. Your a pressure fighter. Of course it’s not in your best interest to have stamina changes or footwork changes. GPD even said it wasn’t in the game because it was op. Undoubtedly he was influenced to believe this because he didn’t have anyone with striking experience besides martial to tell him otherwise.

Last edited by 1212headkick; 07-03-2018 at 02:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »