Home

Slider settings

This is a discussion on Slider settings within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Slider settings

I知 just curious for what difficulty and slidder settings people use for sim fights for event mode. I知 finding it hard to find a balance most fights finish with submissions and rarely go to a decision ! Anyone else having this problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Slider settings

My event settings have, for the past 5 events or so, have been:
Damage: -3
Stamina: -1
AI Sub: -3
Difficulty: Pro

Results in a medium paced fight that's more a distance deep water type deal, where counters aren't as punishing and single shot damage also doesn't do a great deal, so you can't rely on them as much vs the AI and have to stay active whilst still being mindful of stamina. Pressure combo fighters excel with these settings I've found. I get decisions maybe 3 out of 10 fights or so.

But now I've started to play around on Stand and Bang mode and finding these might be more suitable:
Damage: +1
Stamina: Minimum Level +5
AI Sub: -3
Stamina Recovery: OFF
Difficulty: Legendary

Results in high pace action till round 3 where things slow down. Guys like Vitor kick arse in the first round but fade in the third. Lots of feints, movement, combos and damage. Quite a blast for stand and bang anyway. High level kickers like Wonderboy do much better with these settings whereas in my event mode settings they are pretty weak.

The stamina is actually somewhat better like this. I don't get punished, in the short term, for using evasion and the damage spike from temporary stamina loss isn't there, so when you are hurt it's because a legit shot connected rather than you emptying your system by throwing a 3 or 4 piece combo. But as there is no recovery, you still are mindful to pace yourself. It seems to be quite sweaty fun!

Edit: I prefer fast past action even if it's just feints, lunges etc. to standing around staring at each other hence I drop the stamina so I don't get punished for moving about. More of a Savate pace with kicks too as I can spin around freely. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love a more sim stamina setting (we'd need light & heavy shots for this really) but default just isn't it for me so sliders is my jam!

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 07-03-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

So here are my current ones:

Stamina: Plus 2
CPU Stamina: Plus 2
AI Transitions: Plus 1
Damage: Minus 1
AI Damage: Plus 1

Simple Subs: On
Grapple Advantage: off.

The stamina changes make it so if you push 100 plus strikes a round, you will see the gassed animation in rounds 3.

AI Transitions: Makes the AI better at grappling.

Damage: Wanted to see more decisions. I was seeing 1 decision out of every 8 fights before the change.

Simple Subs: Purely aesthetic. I like seeing the animation play out instead of watching the sub game.

GA Off: Something new I'm trying. It makes it so stamina and stats solely control takedowns and not the GA mechanic. Still experimenting with this.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Do use legend or pro settings ! I find legend settings they hardly ever escape submissions I知 gonna give these a try

my current ones:

The stamina changes make it so if you push 100 plus strikes a round, you will see the gassed animation in rounds 3.

Damage: Wanted to see more decisions. I was seeing 1 decision out of every 8 fights before the change.

Simple Subs: Purely aesthetic. I like seeing the animation play out instead of watching the sub game.

GA Off: Something new I'm trying. It makes it so stamina and stats solely control takedowns and not the GA mechanic. Still experimenting with this.[/quote]
Old 07-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So here are my current ones:

GA Off: Something new I'm trying. It makes it so stamina and stats solely control takedowns and not the GA mechanic. Still experimenting with this.
Which difficulty do you have as the base for this? Hard or pro?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Which difficulty do you have as the base for this? Hard or pro?
Hard...I'm not a huge fan of the regular 4/5 strike combos on Pro.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:15 PM   #7
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Hard...I'm not a huge fan of the regular 4/5 strike combos on Pro.
True story, pro AI can only ever combo 3 strikes in a row, and even then it does so less than 40% of the time it actually wants to.

Legendary can combo 4 strikes, but does so even less than pro combos 3
Old 07-04-2018, 07:47 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
True story, pro AI can only ever combo 3 strikes in a row, and even then it does so less than 40% of the time it actually wants to.

Legendary can combo 4 strikes, but does so even less than pro combos 3

Seriously? Was that a recent change because of the changes to combos in general because 2 patches ago, I swear I was seeing 4 strike combos from pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »