Home

Patch Review

This is a discussion on Patch Review within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2018, 03:42 PM   #1
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Patch Review

I must say this has been one of the best patches, if not the best, since the game has released. So I just put together a little review of the major things in it and my thoughts on them...

The Grappling: This is probably the most stand out thing for me. Me and my friends used to play custom fights just to increase the transition speeds cuz it felt way better...much more fluid and responsive. Really glad the devs made this change to the grappling. The difference is night and day and now the grappling feels so much smoother.

The TD changes: The next best changes. Love the increase on range for the cage td's and the refined logic to td's, making them more difficult to defend in the proper situations. The low ankle pick single is the icing on the cake. Great animation btw.

FTF changes: This one had been wanted for a long time and i'm glad they finally delivered. No more swinging at the air when guys go down and no more insta mount. Now everything is more fluid and free flowing the way it should be. And finally now we can smash ko'd guys with a few extra shots to add insult to injury

Cage cutting and the push off: Nice changes to help both styles. I'm still really hoping to see something added for circling the cage though. The quick shuffle is ideal and needed guys

The Iconic Fighters: The biggest surprise in a patch yet. Was never expecting to see Tito, The Axe Murderer or Cro Cop in a UFC game again tbh. The models all look great too...especially Kimbo's. Really hope this is something the devs plan on continuing. Would love to see more iconic fighters and even prime versions of some fighters that are already in the game like Shogun, Big Nog, Coleman,ect.

Openweight Tournaments: Did somebody say nostalgia? This mode makes for some really fun fights! The only thing we are missing now is Pride.

Well that's my little review on this patch. It's a great one indeed. I give it a 10/10!

Last edited by WarMMA; 07-03-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Patch Review

Had the ai near the cage, pushed them back wih the new push punch then shot a takedown onto the fence. Was awesome.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:48 PM   #3
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Definitely for me grappling was the point of emphasis definitely has improved wish it was still a little bit quicker to regenerate stamina on the ground those moments of pause still leaves the game vulnerable to stalling, , don’t get me wrong it’s definitely improved ,Now as for finish the fight there is a weird one second pause after you dive in for a punch where you cannot punch again plus slowing the pacing down.?
I imagine they will be addressed and get rectified, as for the new legends it’s a total thumbs up especially the Kimbo slice animations he looks incredible now this is wishful thinking but would love to see a pride mode!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Anyone have more thoughts on how the push mechanic works / how it's balanced?

I'm hoping to use it effectively against high-pressure fighters.

I'm a bit worried it will cost 'too much' stamina and/or cause 'too much' vulnerability....where it's really not even worth using it in high-level play since you'll just gas yourself and/or leave yourself open to a KO from someone throwing 120+ strikes per round....

But I am optimistic The arm-post retreat option they added awhile back has a very good stamina balance IMO, it's a worthwhile tactic but you can't abuse it or you'll lose tons of stamina (and are vulnerable to body & leg kicks).

Hopefully the push is similar in terms of balance!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-03-2018, 04:14 PM   #5
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Anyone have more thoughts on how the push mechanic works / how it's balanced?

I'm hoping to use it effectively against high-pressure fighters.

I'm a bit worried it will cost 'too much' stamina and/or cause 'too much' vulnerability....where it's really not even worth using it in high-level play since you'll just gas yourself and/or leave yourself open to a KO from someone throwing 120+ strikes per round....

But I am optimistic The arm-post retreat option they added awhile back has a very good stamina balance IMO, it's a worthwhile tactic but you can't abuse it or you'll lose tons of stamina (and are vulnerable to body & leg kicks).

Hopefully the push is similar in terms of balance!

So far I haven’t found the push mechanic useful in any scenario unless your opponent is basically not pushing any buttons, it can easily be interrupted and countered and extremely vulnerable!
I’ve even tried it in practice basic striking and it’s not very practical that’s just my opinion..
You guys let me know if you have any success with it???

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyonelover
So far I haven’t found the push mechanic useful in any scenario unless your opponent is basically not pushing any buttons, it can easily be interrupted and countered and extremely vulnerable!
I’ve even tried it in practice basic striking and it’s not very practical that’s just my opinion..

Add it into your hard combos

Like 1-2-push back lunge to create space
Old 07-03-2018, 04:31 PM   #7
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Add it into your hard combos

Like 1-2-push back lunge to create space

I’ll give it a shot..

Old 07-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyonelover

Same here. The game is still missing necessary footwork buffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »