Home

New impossible to beat spam, and it's making me want to quit the game!

This is a discussion on New impossible to beat spam, and it's making me want to quit the game! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New impossible to beat spam, and it's making me want to quit the game!

What about if you are expecting the kick, if you time the rear body kick as a counter with added vunerability, would that deter people using them so freely?
Old 07-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #10
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Side stepping isnt a guarantee, I once had my leg enter a health event side stepping a side kick. Its really cheesy
Well that’s due to the hit detection, which I really hope the devs can take a look at. I’m not saying it horrible relatively speaking, but if it were betterit would really add a lot to the experience. Sometimes it works flawlessly and strikes will miss by an inch and then other times it seems like they used tito’s head and roy nelson’s body hit-boxes for everyone.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:03 PM   #11
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Real fighters get mad about this kick too. The issue is that there is no way to “block” or check this kick, it has to be avoided, which costs stamina.

Side stepping works but your right its hard to time and then they’ll just start mixing in hooks because you can’t lunge and block your head at the same time in this game.
And once they catch on to the side step, they'll throw a regular leg kick and get that health event. There's too much stopping power in this game for that kick, and the stamina drain on when back stepping is disgusting. Usually when I see them throw oblique kicks, I flick the left stick back so I move ever so slightly out of the way and then throw a front kick/head kick, with the latter usually leading to a health event to discourage them from doing so.

GPD said that if you do that back step animation you can get a free straight/overhand, but due to the stamina drain it does barely any damage and eventually they'll somehow be able to block it.

What's really annoying is that someone can be IN YOUR FACE with this move, and it can leave you helpless. If somebody is in somebody's face trying to oblique kick, they're going to be vulnerable to punches to the face no question. I have no problem say if my opponent was using it in a matter of keeping me at bay, or timing it correctly when I pushed forward to where I really couldn't get mad, I just have to adjust.

I'm sure everybody is familiar with the time the RodeRunner405 dude burst into the top 20 doing nothing but oblique kicks and it was downright disgusting.

https://youtu.be/UGAuF4hX5e8

https://youtu.be/LBYTGkx4_ZM

If somebody's leg is out there and they miss with their oblique kick, I should be able to leg kick it into the 3rd Dimension. If they're in my face with the move, I should be able to blast them with hooks or straights. If I'm walking into the oblique kick, fine they got me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 05:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OMFG still? man i thought for sure this would get fixed in the patch... Are they really too busy adding new mechanics to fix the broken stuff? even the really broken stuff? Come on guys please get it together.

I feel like ranked is on the verge of falling apart if some of these really glaring issues don't get solved.

Last edited by HereticFighter; 07-04-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:19 PM   #13
MVP

Watching that video, I saw the guy eat a jab cross at 6:20 when he attempted the side leg kick.

He was on one foot and ate a full force 1-2.

Dude should have been on his arse or heavily hurt from that tbh.

If you step forward with a leg strike with only 1 foot on the floor and get cracked by a 1 - 2, it's gonna hurt.

The 2 there should carry a lot more power.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:34 PM   #14
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Watching that video, I saw the guy eat a jab cross at 6:20 when he attempted the side leg kick.

He was on one foot and ate a full force 1-2.

Dude should have been on his arse or heavily hurt from that tbh.

If you step forward with a leg strike with only 1 foot on the floor and get cracked by a 1 - 2, it's gonna hurt.

The 2 there should carry a lot more power.
Wholeheartedly agree here, 500%. Heck, it's not even a power thing, it just makes sense. If you're out of position on one foot and you eat a 1-2, definitely should have dropped.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
And once they catch on to the side step, they'll throw a regular leg kick and get that health event. There's too much stopping power in this game for that kick, and the stamina drain on when back stepping is disgusting. Usually when I see them throw oblique kicks, I flick the left stick back so I move ever so slightly out of the way and then throw a front kick/head kick, with the latter usually leading to a health event to discourage them from doing so.

GPD said that if you do that back step animation you can get a free straight/overhand, but due to the stamina drain it does barely any damage and eventually they'll somehow be able to block it.

What's really annoying is that someone can be IN YOUR FACE with this move, and it can leave you helpless. If somebody is in somebody's face trying to oblique kick, they're going to be vulnerable to punches to the face no question. I have no problem say if my opponent was using it in a matter of keeping me at bay, or timing it correctly when I pushed forward to where I really couldn't get mad, I just have to adjust.

I'm sure everybody is familiar with the time the RodeRunner405 dude burst into the top 20 doing nothing but oblique kicks and it was downright disgusting.

https://youtu.be/UGAuF4hX5e8

https://youtu.be/LBYTGkx4_ZM

If somebody's leg is out there and they miss with their oblique kick, I should be able to leg kick it into the 3rd Dimension. If they're in my face with the move, I should be able to blast them with hooks or straights. If I'm walking into the oblique kick, fine they got me.
Exactly this. There is very little risk throwing that strike, and even when deffended correctly, it drains you faster.

I dont try the side stepping too often for that because you can run into a round house headkick, or a spinning head kick coming behind the leg kick. Even if you hit air with the first kick, you can still throw the spininnig head kick. SMH.

I found some succes throwing body and head kicks inmediately after evading it with R2. But they have time to block, so you cant answer with that all the time. A straight punch will always land, at least in my experience, but they can block all follow up shots.

I recently fought a guy similar to roderunner, making it to the top 100 (dont remember exactly, I think around top 50 or up) with no much more than that kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHf5rlUD3gQ&t=60s

I really like 90% of the changes on this last patch, but IMO the OP moves and exploits need to be priority number 1 and be adressed constantly, because there will always be one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARIK_
Exactly this. There is very little risk throwing that strike, and even when deffended correctly, it drains you faster.

I dont try the side stepping too often for that because you can run into a round house headkick, or a spinning head kick coming behind the leg kick. Even if you hit air with the first kick, you can still throw the spininnig head kick. SMH.

I found some succes throwing body and head kicks inmediately after evading it with R2. But they have time to block, so you cant answer with that all the time. A straight punch will always land, at least in my experience, but they can block all follow up shots.

I recently fought a guy similar to roderunner, making it to the top 100 (dont remember exactly, I think around top 50 or up) with no much more than that kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHf5rlUD3gQ&t=60s

I really like 90% of the changes on this last patch, but IMO the OP moves and exploits need to be priority number 1 and be adressed constantly, because there will always be one.
The way it should work is that the person throwing the side step misses and has to take some time to regain the balance, leaving you an opportunity to land a hook and increased GA for takedowns. Also, it should be much harder to land while a person is circling (similar to the way that front kicks are very hard to land on sideways moving opponents),

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 07-05-2018 at 03:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »