Home

How would the game look without queued up combos??

This is a discussion on How would the game look without queued up combos?? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2018, 04:44 PM   #49
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How would the game look without queued up combos??

I feel like the combo system has some cool aspects, like when I have someone rocked against the fence, and I can unleash Muay Thai hell combos from Felder or Barboza it feels very satisfying, but overall most fights just turn into a combo spamming block breaking mini game. I don't think it will be removed or changed in the next few last patches, but hopefully EA UFC 4 will correct these issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-06-2018, 06:55 PM   #50
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Let's not pretend we didn't trade one gimmick for another with the removal of the combo multiplier system and addition of combo queueing?
I tried to tell it back in the Beta, same end result with more technical issues (input lag, which is very real). The game is still far to determined on blasting combos all fight like before. The specific issues may not be the same but the key to winning still isn't really about picking shots, but just winging combos. I tried to tell y'all, I tried!

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 07-06-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #51
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengreen
Please for the love of god tone down the magnetism on the strikes. With lag involved there is literally no way to defend properly in this game if the system is skewed to favor the attacker by artificially limiting the window in which you can properly evade strikes. This game devolves to too much prediction at high levels. This is coming from someone who plays lots of real fighting games where you can actually block, dodge, and jump on reaction. UFC 3 feels like a sluggish mess defensively and rewards volume way too much. I don’t care what the focus groups say, that is not fun.
You just need to manage distance better. I constantly make my opponent throw at air and I'm using Big Nog just my managing my movement and maintaining distance/timing.

This frustrates the opponent and opens up opportunities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2018, 07:21 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I tried to tell it back in the Beta, same end result with more technical issues (input lag, which is very real). The game is still far to determined on blasting combos all fight like before. The specific issues may not be the same but the key to winning still isn't really about picking shots, but just winging combos. I tried to tell y'all, I tried!
Whoever can get their jab-uppercut-hook out first wins.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:37 PM   #53
MVP

Trillz's Arena

i do remember in the beta when the combo system wasnt installed yet, the striking was so much fun even though work was still needed. But the combo system created a nasty meta of people throwing the same soft combos every fight with any character.

They should have only kept the unique and advanced combinations for specfic fighters and remove all soft combos like uppercut hook etc. i feel its worse than the combo multiplyer since its constantly the same combos. However they are both bad systems in the background of striking.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #54
Pro

All I can say is I like the idea of the combo system.

But at the same time something feels off about striking at times. I will not claim to know exactly what it is, but I just frequently have these "uh...okay" moments that don't feel or look right.

Furthermore I will always admit that UFC 3 has a MUCH better striking system than UFC 2. UFC 2 felt more responsive but good God the amount of strikes and lack of vulnerability felt so arcadey. UFC 3 is an improvement hands down.

So I guess I have nothing to add to this thread
Old 07-07-2018, 12:55 AM   #55
Rookie

I get why they implemented the combo system, but it has created a very strange playstyle thats for sure. UFC 2 was insane sometimes, especially against high level guys that just annihilate you. Anyone remember jhussa and his maximum carnage or venom characters in UT?

I'd like to try this game with no combos. Its a totally different game and it might be really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2018, 02:06 PM   #56
Rookie

i understand the idea behind the combo system and i like it in theory. But when there is even a little latency i understand the frustration of feeling like the controls are just unresponsive. I think a fix is letting the fighters throw everything but keeping the existing combos and having realistic levels to them. Machida should be able to throw a fast straight to a body kick. Ronda Rousey shouldnt have wheel kicks or flying knees. If Big Nog throws a headkick it should be slow enough to discourage you from trying it again. I think more attention should be given to what moves fighters are allowed to have. There is a happy medium. But i love the fluidity of this game sometimes the combos are beautiful. I get where the devs are coming from. But it needs a tweak at least. The next patch hopefully will address this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »