Home

Knockdowns

This is a discussion on Knockdowns within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #17
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Knockdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
just have to wait for UFC 4 now mate.
LOL.

Wait for what exactly? For another regression? It functioned properly in UFC 2.

It’s unacceptable for the 3rd iteration of the franchise (coming off a 2 year dev cycle) to take such massive steps backward in such a fundamental area.

To suggest we should be expected to wait another year and a half with our fingers crossed and shell out another $60+ is laughable.

As consumers we should expect that major issues like this be fixed in this game or we shouldn’t support any more UFC games made by EA.

The L1 getup from side control bottom still instantly cancels itself. It literally does not work and had been this way through multiple patches at this point.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
LOL.

Wait for what exactly? For another regression? It functioned properly in UFC 2.

It’s unacceptable for the 3rd iteration of the franchise (coming off a 2 year dev cycle) to take such massive steps backward in such a fundamental area.

To suggest we should be expected to wait another year and a half with our fingers crossed and shell out another $60+ is laughable.

As consumers we should expect that major issues like this be fixed in this game or we shouldn’t support any more UFC games made by EA.

The L1 getup from side control bottom still instantly cancels itself. It literally does not work and had been this way through multiple patches at this point.
The L1 getup from side control bottom ( half guard, not sprawl ) is terribly busted and has been since last patch. I'm honestly shocked no one noticed this or said anything but I'm glad someone is. The knockdowns in UFC 2 were perfect, honestly the devs over complicated it by trying to add fancy Active Knockdowns ( purely aesthetic and disruptive of gameplay ) and stages of knockdowns ( not a bad idea, just implemented poorly )
Old 07-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #19
Pro

Agree with these posts nice job guys. Please make the entry positions off kd’s dynamic. Bringing back ragdoll would also make this feel organic and unique. Would also love to attempt quick submissions off kd’s. Not just when I’ve literally knocked the guy out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-05-2018, 04:48 PM   #20
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Agree with these posts nice job guys. Please make the entry positions off kd’s dynamic. Bringing back ragdoll would also make this feel organic and unique. Would also love to attempt quick submissions off kd’s. Not just when I’ve literally knocked the guy out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Hoping for a FTF Position coming from a fully postured up half guard.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:09 PM   #21
Pro

What we need are FTF positions that makes the downed opponent block or turtle up, instead of laying there looking dead. Especially the animation that we see when the fighter lays on his side... I've seriously gotten tired of that animation it's been in the game since UFC 2. Anyway to turn a negative into a positive, there's an animation in the game when you drop someone and they fall on their knees to to turtle up like a backside position, but when you go in to finish, the downed opponent stops covering up and let's themselves get hit. Why not use the backside cover up animation and just make the punches faster and stronger? As to the side animation can we just get rid of that one completely please? Maybe redo it with the fighter blocking? FTF has definitely gotten its improvements now, but it's still lacking in some areas like the ones I described and have been talked about in this thread. Also, strikes after a KO look awesome. It'd be sweet if we could get the unconscious fighter to be in a fully ragdoll state while we're finishing them. There are some instances where it's semi ragdoll like Reinfarcements had mentioned in a separate thread, but it'd be great to have full ragdoll to make it look more authentic and brutal.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »