Home

Feels like I have to throw 100+ strikes per round in order to compete. What gives???

This is a discussion on Feels like I have to throw 100+ strikes per round in order to compete. What gives??? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #9
Rookie

BigJizzle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Feels like I have to throw 100+ strikes per round in order to compete. What gives

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I don't know if its just me but it seems extremely hard to be competitive by fighting smart and picking your shots. I don't understand why outside fighting was nerfed so hard.

I try to use footwork, use sways, and backsteps to make my opponents miss....but its just not as effective as pushing forward and unloading 2-3 strikes per 3 seconds. I don't have fun playing super aggressive, i much rather play a patient, calculated striking style.....but it just seems like you're handicapped if you try to strike like that in this game.

Can anyone give any tips or post vids of some top players being effective while not throwing a ton a strikes? Timing and strike selection used to matter but it doesn't feel like it anymore. I really wanna enjoy the game again but man its hard when you have to be super aggressive just to win.
I feel you bruh!!! I try to fight realistic and pick my shots, but it yields to nothing. It's a shame that this game caters to bums who press by throwing 100+ strikes a round and the devs think that's the way it's suppose to be, they always justify the stamina issue but they have it right in LEC apparently, but they cater to the 20 people or whatever gamechangers love throwing 100+ strikes because they play the game 24hrs a day, and idc if I get banned, I don't post on here anyway. This game has so much potential but if y'all can fix the stamina the game would be amazing. Have a wonderful day!!!!
Old 07-06-2018, 06:13 PM   #10
Pro

Re: Feels like I have to throw 100+ strikes per round in order to compete. What gives

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
This is what im experiencing too man! Guys who i've beaten with ease in the past are now able to touch me up the entire fight. I'm not saying that people don't improve over time, but its def partially related to the changes in the standup and volume being harder to deal with.

I had a feeling this was gonna happen when everyone was first complaining to Geoff about block being too strong. If you picked your shots carefully then you had no problem with high block being strong. Now the game seems more bum friendly in terms of volume striking being so effective.
And I bet those guys were saying that the block made defense "bum friendly".

Anyway I have been advocating a harsher stamina penalty for excessive volume for a while now but I don't know if it will ever happen. I wish they actually just did the stamina nerf instead of introducing new gimmicks (first backpedal, now push) that require obscure button combinations and aren't all that practical.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #11
Banned

Its hard to say. Prior to the patch, picking your shots and letting your opponent gas was working very well for me. Since the patch I am almost playing against Wandy and Matt Serra exclusively in ranked. It appears that these two don't slow down EVER!!!. I have learned to take them down and control them for the win.

It seems that against other players that picking your shots strategy still works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
And I bet those guys were saying that the block made defense "bum friendly".

Anyway I have been advocating a harsher stamina penalty for excessive volume for a while now but I don't know if it will ever happen. I wish they actually just did the stamina nerf instead of introducing new gimmicks (first backpedal, now push) that require obscure button combinations and aren't all that practical.
I agree 100%. Irl the solution is that the guy gets tired and then opens himself up.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:53 PM   #13
Pro

What do you guys think of having the push mechanic turn into a pawing/lead arm extension for more distance control when holding the input instead of tapping it? That way we can have more options for outside fighting and managing distance. Being able to fake it etc would give us options to hand fight and just have more distance management in general. Also have the retreating stiff arm take almost no stamina. I've noticed it's actually very useful, it almost acts like a realistic parry in a way if you use it and time it right. I love using it, but it still takes too much stamina imo.

Last edited by Stealthhh; 07-06-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #14
Rookie

The game has officially entered arcade territory.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:04 PM   #15
Banned

It’s because the game is catered to pressure fighting. There’s a huge divide between us and the game changers who represent us. We tell them what we want and often receive the opposite except for a select few. We can’t even use basic circling out and we’re told it’s in the game when Geoff very specifically said it’s not in the game. And because the movement is bad fighters don’t have to miss as much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2018, 08:09 PM   #16
Banned

There is definitely too many strikes in the game currently. Part of the issue is feints counting towards the total count of attempted strikes.

The main issue though... is not enough stamina tax on strikes thrown even if they hit block. I believe stamina tax of double what currently occurs on block would suffice. This would require making block weaker of course. I’d say block break down twice as fast would work also. So two strikes could potentially break block if a straight strike and a round strike were thrown on block it would leave you open to the follow up strike if it was the opposite of the ladder of the two strike combo you struck with. So if you ended with a hook you’d have to throw a straight strike to deal damage.

The last part of this equation is punch damage would need to be scaled up a bit. Not quite sure of the sweet spot on this one. Maybe you slider guys could interject here...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »