Home

Blocking - possible reason why pressure fighting is OP?

This is a discussion on Blocking - possible reason why pressure fighting is OP? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #49
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Blocking - possible reason why pressure fighting is OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I love the idea of GCs and I think overall they’ve improved the game a lot.

But I worry that there’s an inherent conflict of interest that some want to ensure their personal victory/fun/success with the game over what’s best for the game overall.
Personal "fun" is always going to play a role. This is a game that the GCs enjoy and they want to ensure that continues to happen.

Personal "victory" is overplayed a bit. Ive been around these guys for 3 yrs now. Zack doesnt care about his ranking. Zombie and Martial play competitively too but I've never seen them obsess about it. I'm sure Kenetic cares but the way the team is setup it prevents him from being able to push his own agenda (if he wanted to) without support.

In the 2 yrs I've worked with him, there hasnt been a single thing pushed through by him that hasnt been agreed upon by a majority of GCs and discussed throughly before being approved by the devs.

The reality is that this community selected a number of comp gamers for these positions. The devs didnt chose them. This community did. So I sometimes find it surprising that people are shocked when they seem to lean toward things that benefit the comp community over hardcore sim options. People knew who they were voting for when they voted them in.

Last edited by aholbert32; 07-08-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Personal "fun" is always going to play a role. This is a game that the GCs enjoy and they want to ensure that continues to happen.

Personal "victory" is overplayed a bit. Ive been around these guys for 3 yrs now. Zack doesnt care about his ranking. Zombie and Martial play competitively too but I've never seen them obsess about it. I'm sure Kenetic cares but the way the team is setup it prevents him from being able to push his own agenda (if he wanted to) without support.

In the 2 yrs I've worked with him, there hasnt been a single thing pushed through by him that hasnt been agreed upon by a majority of GCs and discussed throughly before being approved by the devs.

The reality is that this community selected a number of comp gamers for these positions. The devs didnt chose them. This community did. So I sometimes find it surprising that people are shocked when they seem to lean toward things that benefit the comp community over hardcore sim options. People knew who they were voting for when they voted them in.
Werent they chosen by the old EA forum and not
OS?
Old 07-08-2018, 05:24 PM   #51
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No idea. Don’t know about EA’s inner workings when it comes to data research.

It’s a safe assumption that the number of casual fans that could turn potential buyers is probably bigger than people who didn’t buy the game because it wasnt realistic enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Friend of mine that's a casual player mentioned to me last night at the fights that "I heard 3 wasn't as good and that 2 was better. Heard it's not a realistic"

His words not mine - from the most casual UFC player you'll ever meet.

This isn't saying that his word is representative of thousands, but it's applicable.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 07-08-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2018, 05:26 PM   #52
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
since I've started using McGregor, Wanderlei etc I've found the game is bit more enjoyable if you come up against these players who only use the very best fighters. I've given up trying to prove something by using B or even A fighters.

I've noticed they aren't quite as aggressive when they know you can hit them wth a jab-uppercut-hook just as fast and hard as they can.
Isn't it sad that we have to resort to that scumminess?
Old 07-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #53
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Werent they chosen by the old EA forum and not

OS?

Most of the people here are old EA forums people. I can count the number of people from OS who are still here on one hand. The EA folks ran them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Isn't it sad that we have to resort to that scumminess?
Yes. Yes it is. It's not impossible to beat them without doing it but it's a whole lot harder and I think I'll save myself the frustration trying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »