Home

Should single shot counters be buffed?

This is a discussion on Should single shot counters be buffed? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Should single shot counters be buffed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
If you time the 1-2 to the body as a counter, the body jab will have evasive properties and they will take a decent short term stamina hit.

I’ve actually been able to counter overhands this way with some success but its still risky to try.
Yeah, if you can sneak in a body punch under an overhand you will crush their stamina. Good tip
Old 07-09-2018, 02:32 PM   #18
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
If you time the 1-2 to the body as a counter, the body jab will have evasive properties and they will take a decent short term stamina hit.

I’ve actually been able to counter overhands this way with some success but its still risky to try.
Also works well against the jab hook for stamina drains as well. Can be modified to the body hook (planted though)
Old 07-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #19
Rookie

sometimes i can time the rear cross and just keep getting health events by interrupting the guys that overhand spam
Old 07-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
So far, I've been trying the jab straight to the body (while planted), hook body upper, and straight, lead body hook body kick for my low high mix up. Planted Jab-body straights are really sneaky.
Nice list of single shots having power . Nah the issue is the flawrd vulneravulity system. Its not going to change and its for the worst.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #21
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Nice list of single shots having power . Nah the issue is the flawrd vulneravulity system. Its not going to change and its for the worst.
It wasn't supposed to be a list of single shots, reading comprehension buddy, it's just body combos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 12:27 AM   #22
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Counters barely do any damage anymore. Even after you make someone miss and hit them with a straight right....nothing.

I've always been on the devs side in the past, but man, idk why they destroyed the striking. Are all the gamechangers really asking for these changes? Why was outside fighting nerfed so hard?

We had literally tons of threads when the game first released saying that outside fighting was not effective....then a couple of gamechangers claimed it was OP and it gets nerfed into oblivion? Its by far way worse than it was at release.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 07-10-2018, 02:12 AM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
sometimes i can time the rear cross and just keep getting health events by interrupting the guys that overhand spam
They should be getting KOed, not getting health events.

What happened to flash KOs?
Old 07-10-2018, 02:32 AM   #24
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
They should be getting KOed, not getting health events.

What happened to flash KOs?
Only certain things guarantee flash Kos. (Not regarding low head health) Here's a few I've managed to get the hang of from practice mode.

If somebody misses a head kick, and you landed a planted one right as their head is turning back to center, it's a flash KO. Same with an Overhand Counter.

Everybody is familiar with the leg kick --> overhand combo, so here's one tip I don't think a lot of people know. If they miss the leg kick, and you front kick them just as the overhand animation begins, it's a flash ko. Sometimes if the Overhand closes distance too fast, the front kick will turn into a knee and they will run their face into the knee, causing a health event.

Rear Uppercut if they are throwing a moving body hook and you hit them just as they're about to descend to hit the body (I've had some Ngannou vs Overeem-esque kos this way)

Lead Knee if they duck into it, has a 50-50 chance of getting a flash KO.

Rear Knee/Lead Knee depending on the shot they shoot will get a flash KO when they're going for the takedown.

360 Tornado Kick/Spinning Head Kick gets a flash KO if you hit them as they're side swaying/slip straighting.

Feel free to add more to the list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »