Home

List of small stat changes that can improve fighter ranking accuracy

This is a discussion on List of small stat changes that can improve fighter ranking accuracy within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: List of small stat changes that can improve fighter ranking accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
My job?.......LOL! Anyway, I'm gonna put you on ignore and continue to discuss ratings with people who have the intelligence to have a reasoned discussion about ratings. Have a nice one.
Pretty funny how you wanna discuss stats then when someone discusses stats you get mad and quit.
I use logic and evidence to make an argument. You just say " 5 KO wins in the ufc doesn't mean you have power, because power only means hand power which is not a separate stat but I'm going to pretend it is. Also TKO's don't count unless I want them to. Oh, you don't agree? OMG you must not be intelligent"
makes a lot of sense man. Great discussion skills. I asked many questions and got no answers. Just snide remarks trying to insult me or discredit the valid points I made.

Last edited by xtremeba1000; 07-11-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Pretty funny how you wanna discuss stats then when someone discusses stats you get mad and quit.
I use logic and evidence to make an argument. You just say " 5 KO wins in the ufc doesn't mean you have power, because power only means hand power which is not a separate stat but I'm going to pretend it is. Also TKO's don't count unless I want them to. Oh, you don't agree? OMG you must not be intelligent"
makes a lot of sense man. Great discussion skills. I asked many questions and got no answers. Just snide remarks trying to insult me or discredit the valid points I made.

What’s funny is I’ve discussed stats with every one in this thread including you without getting mad. I’ll continue to do so with everyone....but you.

I’m not gonna waste my time with someone who struggles with reading comprehension and mischaracterizes my comments. So I’m good. You can keep posting. I just won’t respond to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #43
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I wouldn't be mad at Holloway having the highest striking stamina in the game tbh, I think he threw the most strikes in a single round in UFC history in the 3rd round of his 2nd Aldo fight.

I'm also of the opinion that Aldo's problems with gassing are overstated, it happened once in the Hominick fight and otherwise he's been fine late in fights, you can argue he faded against Lamas, but I'd consider controlling half the round being fine. I would probably bump his grapple stamina and endurance up by 2-3 points each, because I don't see why Aldo should have lower grappling stamina than Bektic and worse endurance than Yair.

Also, the correct term is Mexican Playboy Aldo, not moustache Aldo

Edit: Why is Yair more accurate than Aldo? I'm actually offended by this one point difference
You Nugget. I like you. Reasonable.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
What’s funny is I’ve discussed stats with every one in this thread including you without getting mad. I’ll continue to do so with everyone....but you.

I’m not gonna waste my time with someone who struggles with reading comprehension and mischaracterizes my comments. So I’m good. You can keep posting. I just won’t respond to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Huh, seems like you freaked out when I suggested a 4 point increase for someone in one stat.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:05 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
At least you admit it's based on the perception of the Holloway fights, so I respect that. His head movement in the second fight before being ego driven to a brawl with Holloway was absolutely stellar in the first two rounds. My only wish is that he had gotten a full camp for that one as well.

Rewatch these fights (chronological order) : Aldo vs Frankie 1, Chang Sung Jung in where he uses grappling to make up for a broken foot, Lamas, FOTY with Mendes 2 where he literally catches a second wind in the 5th after dropping the only round he lost in Round 4 against him, and his UFC 200 bout against Frankie Edgar. That was post 13 second KO, in where he was the Underdog and Frankie was expected to beat him, Aldo lost the first round due to an activity and won the next four due to a stellar jab and maintaining his pace.

Of course if I were to go nuts with Aldo and throw a bunch of spinning things (lol) I should lose a considerable amount of stamina, however, if I'm fighting just like him at his best, keeping my opponent at bay, and using successful movement, I shouldn't be punished.
You can see in the second fight with Edgar, as the quickest, longest, and most efficient punch in Aldo's arsenal, the jab allows him to steal fractions of seconds from his opponent. As that jab is connecting, and the opponent is reacting to its impact--or working to avoid it--Aldo has a moment in which to adjust. He can take small steps with every jab, and consistently frustrate Edgar's efforts to slip in under and close the gap.

At his best, Aldo must control distance, take angles, and then use his defensive advantages to do damage.
Jose Aldo is a master of sending messages. When he fought Chad Mendes at UFC 179, for example, he stymied the aggressive power puncher's assault with a few choice bursts of reckless aggression. Despite being knocked down and staggered early on, Aldo ended up winning the first round, and scared Mendes off in the process. Though Chad had his moments throughout the rest of the fight, he was not able to make himself pressure the way he did at first.

Yair Rodriguez's Striking Stamina is at 93 my friend. So is Holloways, only difference is that Holloway gets more accurate the more combos you land, along if the guy he's fighting gets in a health event. I can settle for 91 for Aldo and I especially want some love for Chad Mendes as well. 90 for Mendes, along with a buff for his footwork, and head movement and blocking to 90. Negative Reinforcement Level 3 would be nice as well.

In terms for a lower rated character, Ross Pearson has to be shown some respect for his Head Movement. Has one of the best out there, needs at least a 93.

EDIT: MUSTACHE ALDO! >:C
Be careful mentioning 93 ratings...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

New ratings are up. Hooker got a buff, Icon fighters were nerfed some along with several other changes to fighters.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
New ratings are up. Hooker got a buff, Icon fighters were nerfed some along with several other changes to fighters.
sweet! sorry about the 93 power comment.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #48
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Be careful mentioning 93 ratings...
It was a little tease

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »