Home

D-Pad Not Being Fully Utilized

This is a discussion on D-Pad Not Being Fully Utilized within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2018, 07:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
D-Pad Not Being Fully Utilized

I've mentioned this in the impressions thread but I think the D-pad would be a great alternative to the R-stick for grappling transitions and submission progression. It's much better suited to the single direction inputs of grappling and gives you something to do with your left hand when you are on the ground. Right now the D-pad isn't used for anything while grappling and I'd like to see more the controller get used for this part of the game. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: D-Pad Not Being Fully Utilized

I love this idea.

You could make the d-pad for grappling work the same way you do with the stick. You could even allow it to work in the clinch and as a grabbing mechanism while striking.

It could be used for all the spaces in between that are currently represented in the game.

But you could add things like wrist control (use the right or left direction to determine which wrist to go after), seat belt position, knee on belly without going for a full transition, you could add the neck cradle position Brock Lesnar used against Frank Mir at UFC 100.

You could use it where you click it for micro transitions and hold it for specialty positions. We should have specialty grappling positions just like strikers have unique strikes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »