Home

The fate of outside fighting.

This is a discussion on The fate of outside fighting. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The fate of outside fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
I could show videos of both. I could show how much easier pressure fighting is how easy it to dictate range . I will get a few together.
Please do. Keep in mind....be open to criticism. People are going to tear them apart and find any reason to justify why they should keep things as is.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Please do. Keep in mind....be open to criticism. People are going to tear them apart and find any reason to justify why they should keep things as is.
Aw yeah, love peoples version of critism here. Its always git gud/play like me. Which actually isnt critising the point but further validating it.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #11
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
And can the frame advantage for shorter reach only apply to hooks/uppercuts pls? The idea that a longer guy’s straight punches require more wind up is silly.
distance = speed * time

time = distance / speed

Assuming the speed of a straight punch for a tall vs short fighter is the same, but a taller fighter's punch has longer to travel, that would imply that it should take longer to get from point A to point B.

Feel free to dispute my math, but don't call it silly without a strong rebuttal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
distance = speed * time

time = distance / speed

Assuming the speed of a straight punch for a tall vs short fighter is the same, but a taller fighter's punch has longer to travel, that would imply that it should take longer to get from point A to point B.

Feel free to dispute my math, but don't call it silly without a strong rebuttal.
Thats only if the pair are equal. And that would be execution not build up.

Longer reach = longer build up. Ie more start up frames in game.

Longer reach when pair have equal speed = longer execution or if they have equal speed then the same execution.

Last edited by FCB x Finlay; 07-10-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
distance = speed * time

time = distance / speed

You’re forgetting that a taller fighter is also punching downward vs a shorter fighter punching up

Gravity exists

Try throwing a ball at the same force upward vs throwing it downward. Which will be faster?
Old 07-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Aw yeah, love peoples version of critism here. Its always git gud/play like me. Which actually isnt critising the point but further validating it.
Its not that exactly. If you arent using any of the tools available in videos, it defeats the point and strengthens their point. If you arent lunging or back dashing and attempting to circle out but are just holding block and getting overwhelmed...it proves their point.

If you are doing those things and using all of the tools and you still cant consistently fight from an outside distance....it proves yours.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #15
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
I agree that the tools are there. I disagree that the tools are currently effective and relatively easy to use.
I totally agree with this quote. EA seem to keep making these weird choices. it's easy as hell to move the stick right and press jab-straight-some hooks and block.
guess how many fights are won and lost that way? I would seriously put it in the 90% bracket.

Submissions? I mean I would think i would be optimistic if i say 10% of the playerbase have pulled it off. clinch grappling? Transition denials? I mean no one uses those. You can call us casuals. but the game is pretty impossible to play for a casual=less and less people will play it.

To use another example:
the power modifier. I posted this a few months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
13: Simple power out option

Most beginners I've played with mash X when taken down or clinched. I wonder if they could add a control input from: "pressing X button quickly over three times is not strikes, but GET UP/BREAK attempt that builds up as you press it - costing larger amount of stamina, depending on the power ratings/grappling ratings."
Then EA added a Muscle Modifier to make you kind of force transitions by using stamina. BUT you actually have to know what extra buttons to hold in (and it won't show you any visuals signs that you are actually doing it correctly) it's an actually harder control schematic to use raw force than being technical in this game. it NEGATES the whole point

I know we're talking about outside fighting, but these things are linked, and things like that have compounded and made this game look and feel impossible to understand unless you're already well versed in it.

This is like playing guitar. I don't wanna learn to play effing guitar, I wanna have fun.

EDIT: Here I am complaining again. please carry on. I'll shut my mouth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 01:39 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Its not that exactly. If you arent using any of the tools available in videos, it defeats the point and strengthens their point. If you arent lunging or back dashing and attempting to circle out but are just holding block and getting overwhelmed...it proves their point.

If you are doing those things and using all of the tools and you still cant consistently fight from an outside distance....it proves yours.
I was more meaning the pressure side sorry, should of made that clear.

Yeah what your saying makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »