Home

There it is - the video- Pressure fighting

This is a discussion on There it is - the video- Pressure fighting within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2018, 05:18 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
There it is - the video- Pressure fighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-I4RoZ72rg

Here it is - pressure, pressure, pressure. There's no where to go. The point is not that such a style cannot be beaten. It can, I've beat this guy before and others can beat it much more reliably. Here are the points:

1. It is much easier to pressure fight than to fight from a distance. Far easier. Arguments such as "which divison are you" are absolutely invalid for me here. One takes 10x more skill than the other. This is the opposite of balance. As far as I remember, this isn't a game made for 5 gamechangers who have the godly skill to do it. This is a game for everyone, so git gut and stop complaining doesn't cut it for me. If you can press with ease, I want to "run" with ease.

2. Fighting like that should drain your stamina. This is impossible in the current game. Moreover, my stamina suffers even more than his for trying to survive. Someone said space is earned through respect - I rocked him a number of times, where's my "respect"? Stamina and magnetic striking are issues which are intertwined with this one, they all go hand in hand, and they deserve just as much attention.

3. I don't have the option to let him swing his lungs out. I have nowhere to go. The game doesn't allow me to do that. No, instead, I have to engage with him and match his output. The point is not if such a style can be beaten by counters. I don't care about that right now. The elites can beat it with counters all they like. I want to be able to get out of there, let the man swing to his heart's content, and then kill him in Round 2, where he has half his stamina, because that's how life works. Gassing, pacing, and stamina - all big parts of MMA, you guys.

I can't wait to be told "but you aren't using all the tools". This phrase is equal to "git gud". A brand new player doesn't have to "git gud" in order to press, but an advanced player has to "git gut" to defend, is that how it works? What tools is the other guy using? How effective are mine and how effective are his? And also, don't forget, I want to have the ability to not engage - that means I don't care for your "just 1-6-10, 1-4-6 him". You do that, I want to be smart and make him regret coming at me all guns blazing and not finishing me in Round 1.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 07-12-2018 at 06:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 05:51 AM   #2
MVP

Re: There it is - the video- Pressure fighting

That number 2 is spot on . Sometimes I felt like being on the receiving end of the pressure ...I would gas faster than my opponent.

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-11-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hca2psCixYY

Here it is - pressure, pressure, pressure. There's no where to go. The point is not that such a style cannot be beaten. It can, I've beat this guy before and others can beat it much more reliably.
Watched the whole fight. What pressure?

Quote:
1. It is much easier to pressure fight than to fight from a distance. Far easier. Arguments such as "which divison are you" are absolutely invalid for me here.
They are completely valid. I didn't even see you attempt to fight from the outside.

All you did was back up all the way to the cage, then explode forward with a combo that mostly whiffed or got blocked. You didn't even try to circle out once. You never established a jab to keep your opponent at your preferred distance. Nothing.

Quote:
One takes 10x more skill than the other. This is the opposite of balance. As far as I remember, this isn't a game made for 5 gamechangers who have the godly skill to do it. This is a game for everyone, so git gut and stop complaining doesn't cut it for me. If you can press with ease, I want to "run" with ease.
How would you know? There was no outside or pressure fighting in that video..

Quote:
2. Fighting like that should drain your stamina. This is impossible in the current game. Moreover, my stamina suffers even more than his for trying to survive.
YOU THREW WAY MORE STRIKES THAN YOUR OPPONENT DID.

Quote:
Someone said space is earned through respect - I rocked him a number of times, where's my "respect"?
That person is entirely correct and you clearly didn't understand what he was trying to tell you.

Outside fighting is a really delicate balance between knowing when to move and when to stand your ground and fight. If you constantly give up all the space you have, they'll constantly pressure you and take up all the space you have. Obviously.

You need to make it difficult and dangerous for someone to advance on you. Again, jabs, circle away from the cage, proper head movement, counter punch, but most importantly, don't flinch. If people can make you panic, you're not cut out to be an outside fighter (yet).

Quote:
3. I don't have the option to let him swing his lungs out. I have nowhere to go.
And that's where you're wrong.

Quote:
The game doesn't allow me to do that.
No, physics doesn't allow you to do it the way you tried. There's a cage in real life too. You can't keep walking straight back, you'll run into a wall.

Quote:
No, instead, I have to engage with him and match his output.
Outside fighting isn't about not engaging. It's about engaging on your own terms. Matching your opponents output (or in your case, exceeding it), is the exact opposite.

Quote:
The point is not if such a style can be beaten by counters. I don't care about that right now. The elites can beat it with counters all they like. I want to be able to get out of there, let the man swing to his heart's content, and then kill him in Round 2, where he has half his stamina, because that's how life works. Gassing, pacing, and stamina - all big parts of MMA, you guys.
I do that all the time.. And I'm really not that good.. lol

Quote:
What tools is the other guy using?
He's walking forward giving you a claustrophobic feel, knowing you'll throw strikes. He then walks backwards while blocking so you waste energy and gas out.

He didn't actually pressure you all that much. You just felt pressured and panicked every time.

Quote:
How effective are mine and how effective are his?
If you're on PS4 I'll be happy to show you.

Last edited by DaisukEasy; 07-11-2018 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #4
MVP

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy

They are completely valid. I didn't even see you attempt to fight from the outside.

All you did was back up all the way to the cage, then explode forward with a combo that mostly whiffed or got blocked. You didn't even try to circle out once. You never established a jab to keep your opponent at your preferred distance. Nothing.

That person is entirely correct and you clearly didn't understand what he was trying to tell you.

Outside fighting is a really delicate balance between knowing when to move and when to stand your ground and fight. If you constantly give up all the space you have, they'll constantly pressure you and take up all the space you have. Obviously.

You need to make it difficult and dangerous for someone to advance on you. Again, jabs, circle away from the cage, proper head movement, counter punch, but most importantly, don't flinch. If people can make you panic, you're not cut out to be an outside fighter (yet).

No, physics doesn't allow you to do it the way you tried. There's a cage in real life too. You can't keep walking straight back, you'll run into a wall.

Outside fighting isn't about not engaging. It's about engaging on your own terms. Matching your opponents output (or in your case, exceeding it), is the exact opposite.

He's walking forward giving you a claustrophobic feel, knowing you'll throw strikes. He then walks backwards while blocking so you waste energy and gas out.

He didn't actually pressure you all that much. You just felt pressured and panicked every time.

We've actually played, we're 1-1. 1:27, I try to jab while circling, I get rocked. I see what you're saying, I really do, there are times where I can't press as easily and there are times people can't press me as easily. In this case, I failed in my attempt. I know it's doable. It's still times harder to do, however. This was round 2, that was relentless pressure, don't tell me he wasn't pressing, I'm not an idiot. With a proper stamina system, he should have gassed badly. Especially in the heavier weight classes, where that kind of play is possible as well. Anyway, I don't think I can convince the devs to change their minds. For months people have presented the same issue and have backed it up better than I have, and failed. The game isn't balanced, however, nowhere near that. Is outside fighting doable? Yes. Is it as easy to do as a moderately skilled pressure fighting? Hell no. Are there other glaring issues with the game (stamina, magnetism) that exacerbate this? Hell yes. Is the game realistic? Absolutely not. My 2 cents.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:31 AM   #5
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:

This guy gets it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 07:35 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
We've actually played, we're 1-1.
I doubt it. (But I'm not the only person on my account)

Quote:
This was round 2, that was relentless pressure, don't tell me he wasn't pressing, I'm not an idiot.
I'm not saying you're an idiot. But he wasn't really pressing that hard until you walked all the way back to the cage. That's when he started throwing combo's. But he didn't actually pressure you into that position, you willingly went there.

Quote:
With a proper stamina system, he should have gassed badly.
Not at all. If anything you should've been way more gassed than he was, even more than you were now.

Quote:
Especially in the heavier weight classes, where that kind of play is possible as well. Anyway, I don't think I can convince the devs to change their minds. For months people have presented the same issue and have backed it up better than I have, and failed. The game isn't balanced, however, nowhere near that. Is outside fighting doable? Yes. Is it as easy to do as a moderately skilled pressure fighting? Hell no. Are there other glaring issues with the game (stamina, magnetism) that exacerbate this? Hell yes. Is the game realistic? Absolutely not. My 2 cents.
I agree with you that stamina should get tweaked because it's not realistic. But this is a terrible example.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:43 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
I doubt it. (But I'm not the only person on my account)

I'm not saying you're an idiot. But he wasn't really pressing that hard until you walked all the way back to the cage. That's when he started throwing combo's. But he didn't actually pressure you into that position, you willingly went there.

Not at all. If anything you should've been way more gassed than he was, even more than you were now.

I agree with you that stamina should get tweaked because it's not realistic. But this is a terrible example.
Could be. I can agree that my example may not have been the best one to illustrate the issues. However, I still maintain that even with "proper" outside fighting, the swanging and banging remains much easier, I've tried it, minimum striking on my part - they don't gas, regardless of whether they hit or miss heavily. Maybe the stamina alone can fix the issue, if it's finally addressed. And, we are 1-1.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 07-11-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #8
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Great reply Daisuk. Said everything I would've said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »