Home

What is stopping pride mode from being in ufc?

This is a discussion on What is stopping pride mode from being in ufc? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What is stopping pride mode from being in ufc?

The massive amount of work for little reward is what is stopping it.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #10
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Like Brizzo's comment said, PRIDE never dies man. I'd be all for PRIDE being in the game at some point in the future. Especially now that we have open weight tournaments. Like others have said though, it will be something more popular among the hardcore's. Still, that's not to say they couldn't or shouldn't include it. You can always bring new fans up to speed. For example when undisputed included PRIDE, they gave in depth descriptions about PRIDE rules in training mode and you could also look at the history of it and stuff in the glossary section too. I'm sure it would be a fun addition and players would love it. I mean you can stomp fools in the face and kick them in the head...only ppl that watch disney channel wouldn't love such violence. The main issue is the amount of time, effort and money that would go into adding a legit PRIDE experience may really just not be worth it in terms of how well these games sell sadly. That said though, i'm a hardcore and i'd still be all for PRIDE being in the game.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I'd like it but its not worth the effort imo. I'd rather them focus on adding gameplay elements that can be used in every mode not just one mode. I'd also rather see a Universe mode than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #12
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'd like it but its not worth the effort imo. I'd rather them focus on adding gameplay elements that can be used in every mode not just one mode. I'd also rather see a Universe mode than this.

Which is actually what Pride would provide when done in the way that Undisputed 3 approached it.

Unlike the career mode and Ultimate Team, the big draws for UFC 3 that probably nobody even plays anymore now.

If we're talking replay value what would beat a mode like Pride? Or we can keep gambling 2 year development cycles on career modes that may or may not eventually reach a point where people are going to want to play it more than once.

You can not release a game without a career mode and nobody would even want to consider it, understandably. But how often do they really nail these? Not so much.

I think these are incredibly linear modes and almost never provide replay value. But are simply needed because they are expected to be there.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Which is actually what Pride would provide when done in the way that Undisputed 3 approached it.

Unlike the career mode and Ultimate Team, the big draws for UFC 3 that probably nobody even plays anymore now.

If we're talking replay value what would beat a mode like Pride? Or we can keep gambling 2 year development cycles on career modes that may or may not eventually reach a point where people are going to want to play it more than once.

You can not release a game without a career mode and nobody would even want to consider it, understandably. But how often do they really nail these? Not so much.

I think these are incredibly linear modes and almost never provide replay value. But are simply needed because they are expected to be there.
Universe Mode would add more replay value to the series than Pride Mode.

Add Pride as an alternate organization that competes with the UFC, or even allow the user to run that one and compete against the UFC, now you've got something incredible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari

You can not release a game with a career mode and nobody would even want to consider it, understandably. But how often do they really nail these? Not so much.
I'm not talking about replay value with that statement. I'm talking about mo-cap for moves like soccer kicks that can only be used in Pride mode. Things that are specific to Pride.

I think a Universe/Franchise mode would have way more replay value than Pride mode. As much as I liked UD3, I think people overestimate the strength of the Pride brand and whether simply having a mode like that will draw and keep new consumers.

You know how every sports game draws offline gamers? Franchise modes. But for some dumb reason, MMA games always go the career mode only route. With the exceptions of games like Fight Night, most individual career modes are played once and then forgotten.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
I'm not talking about replay value with that statement. I'm talking about mo-cap for moves like soccer kicks that can only be used in Pride mode. Things that are specific to Pride.

I think a Universe/Franchise mode would have way more replay value than Pride mode. As much as I liked UD3, I think people overestimate the strength of the Pride brand and whether simply having a mode like that will draw and keep new consumers.

You know how every sports game draws offline gamers? Franchise modes. But for some dumb reason, MMA games always go the career mode only route. With the exceptions of games like Fight Night, most individual career modes are played once and then forgotten.
Imagine the possibilities for an MMA game that had a Universe Mode with crossover saves from game to game like MLB the Show.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #16
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:

Fair enough yeah. And I do not dispute Univers mode. I am also fully aware of how little the game has to offer for offline players after completing career mode. I think Universe mode, done right, would do a lot for that. They should have many examples to draw inspiration from.

Ultimately it is for the devs to decide but I think a Pride mode would add a lot of variety in that, yes, the moves can only be used in this particular mode. But this particular mode could be played all the time just for what it has to offer in different rules and presentation. I don't really care for the fighters. I understand how difficult that is to achieve too. Its sad that this is a big factor in ever doing it right.

So yeah, I do think it offers more than what people give it credit for. I think it would add a lot of replay value simply because you are playing it all the time if it is randomly selected for you in ranked. Or whatever way they decide to go with it.

Is it a draw and will it bring them a lot of sales? No definitely not. Probably not worth the investment of work and money. But I think it deserves more credit for what it would add in replay value.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »