Home

Please remove magnetic striking

This is a discussion on Please remove magnetic striking within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2018, 05:15 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Please remove magnetic striking

They just need to remove all binary features as they can, especially from striking.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-22-2018, 06:38 AM   #10
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
You r wrong

They already have needed animation:
When the opponent perform backdash AFTER your started Punch - you will NOT have Magnetic strike animation.

When before - you will have.

They need just REMOVE 2nd variant.

It does NOT require anything and costs NOTHING.

It can be easily done by Minor patch.
I think it wouldn't actually require new animations. It would just break the game.

The magnetic stuff is also far more complicated than what you're describing, too. But I suspect you are right about it not being a matter of adding animations.

BTW, I can't believe I'm jumping onto yet another one of these threads. I deserve all the nuissance I get. lol
Old 07-22-2018, 06:42 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I think it wouldn't actually require new animations. It would just break the game.

The magnetic stuff is also far more complicated than what you're describing, too. But I suspect you are right about it not being a matter of adding animations.

BTW, I can't believe I'm jumping onto yet another one of these threads. I deserve all the nuissance I get. lol

It would fix the game, I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 08:38 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
It would fix the game, I’d say.
Except for all the (likely) unintended game breaking consequences. Magnetic striking isn't a thing that you code in by accident. It's likely an integral part of how striking works in general. You simply notice all the times this system ****s up.

Sure, it's frustrating, unrealistic and looks terrible. But given how hands on this development team has been in every other case, the fact that they haven't fixed this problem even though it's been known for quite a while now suggests that the solution is more complicated than you think.

I personally don't expect this issue to be fixed before the next game. But I'm just guessing.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:54 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
You r wrong

They already have needed animation:
When the opponent perform backdash AFTER your started Punch - you will NOT have Magnetic strike animation.

When before - you will have.

They need just REMOVE 2nd variant.

It does NOT require anything and costs NOTHING.

It can be easily done by Minor patch.
It would require new animations as it will mean punches just wont land, hooks and uppers have a built in step to them and thats what causes the magnetic striking for them.

Also the whole game is built on this so it cannot be changed or fixed with a minor patch.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:55 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
Except for all the (likely) unintended game breaking consequences. Magnetic striking isn't a thing that you code in by accident. It's likely an integral part of how striking works in general. You simply notice all the times this system ****s up.

Sure, it's frustrating, unrealistic and looks terrible. But given how hands on this development team has been in every other case, the fact that they haven't fixed this problem even though it's been known for quite a while now suggests that the solution is more complicated than you think.

I personally don't expect this issue to be fixed before the next game. But I'm just guessing.
It wont be fixed, if it is to be fixed they would have to rebuild stand up again, as its to do with hitboxes, headmovement, movement etc. So much needs to change to sort it unfortunately.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:24 PM   #15
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair

1) Which types of strikes can be Magnetic strikes (i.e. their range is changing depending on their starе moment relative to the opponent's BWD dash moment)?

2) Only BWD dash makes strikes magnetic? Any BWD dash - step LS or advanced lunge? or it can be triggered by simple BWD walking also?

3) Why SIDE steps does NOT trigger Magnetic variant of the strike?! They are ruled by the SAME principles - your see before starting yr strike that yr opponent started Side step so you adjusted your strike to track him! What is the difference?!

Why Sways are NOT ruled by the same principles?!

Do you agree that nearly ALL FOOTWORK tools must to be able to trigger magnetic strikes?

I dont see logic in the current magnetic strike concept that we have in UFC3.
No logic. Even more - i dont see any pros from that b/c Magnetic strikes are ruined the gameplay (you can NOT to solve magnetic strikes by your skill or your reaction = they are random element in gameplay = it is breaking strategy and neglects skill).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 01:24 PM   #16
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Honestly I'm a bit torn on this. You guys realise it's not gonna be as simple as turning it off? I mean magnetic striking is most likely built straight into the backbone of this thing
GPD said it could be tuned, when the issue was first brought up. That’s the first and last time I’ve seen anyone in any official capacity admit that it is an issue or address it.

Last edited by Counter Punch; 07-22-2018 at 01:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »