Home

Can we please have more Icon fighters?

This is a discussion on Can we please have more Icon fighters? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2018, 09:02 AM   #9
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we please have more Icon fighters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw736
please use Rashad when you play ed parker or goat

BJ when he faught diego or when he beat Matt Hughes?
These are players I probably won't even beat consistently or at all while using my absolute best fighters in the game. Doesn't prove much.

Rashad CAN be used competitively on ranked other good players.
I've gone on win streaks with him and Hendo.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:10 AM   #10
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I'm always afraid that if we get "prime" versions, they become unrealistic.

Some things like chin and speed might have been better for these guys a few years ago, but another reason they aren't as good today as their "prime" version is because the rest of the fighters have caught up.

Quite frankly a lot of these guys aren't as dynamic as the new generation. They were in their era. But we don't need to go crazy and give BJ Penn crazy BJJ and act like some of today's fighters don't know the tricks he used to pull off against unsuspecting fighters back in the day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
That's a very good point.

With someone like Rashad, when it comes to Icon stats, I'd just buff his speed to about a 92 putting him in line with guys like Weidman and buff his grapple stamina to about 93 and he'll be good to go... Maaaaybe a slight buff in Toughness, but Nothing else needs a buff really.

With most of these fighters it's their physical attributes that need a buff. Speed, power, conditioning, heart.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:46 AM   #11
MVP

I love the fact that all these "washed-up" fighters are represented the way they are. This means using them is a challenge and they have the weaknesses that they show in real life. Now, I know that fighters can get bad stats in areas they're very good at, e.g. Stamina, but overall all these legends are represented quite well. Lyoto, Anderson, these guys have their tools but you have to be wary of their weaknesses, because they have them, they get older and the new generation isn't here to stare in awe at them, they've caught up and surpassed them even. That's reality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I love the fact that all these "washed-up" fighters are represented the way they are. This means using them is a challenge and they have the weaknesses that they show in real life. Now, I know that fighters can get bad stats in areas they're very good at, e.g. Stamina, but overall all these legends are represented quite well. Lyoto, Anderson, these guys have their tools but you have to be wary of their weaknesses, because they have them, they get older and the new generation isn't here to stare in awe at them, they've caught up and surpassed them even. That's reality.
You can have both versions.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
You can have both versions.
I guess, however I hope you people aren't wanting 90s across the board or something like that.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #14
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevcrane
Hunts in his mma prime now defs wasnt better back in pride
Dude what? He may be more refined now in terms of how he approaches fights, but he was definitely in prime form back in the pride days, not now. Prime Mark Hunt was throwing spinning back head kicks and eating flush landed left head kicks from prime Cro Cop....

Last edited by WarMMA; 07-27-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:00 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Dude what? He may be more refined now in terms of how he approaches fights, but he was definitely in prime form back in the pride days, not now. Prime Mark Hunt was throwing spinning back head kicks and eating flush landed left head kicks from prime Cro Cop....

But had absolutely no ground game, hence why he went on a long losing streak and the UFC attempted to buy him out rather than give him fights.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #16
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
But had absolutely no ground game, hence why he went on a long losing streak and the UFC attempted to buy him out rather than give him fights.

Yup and he still has no ground game lol. That's always been Mark's downfall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »