Home

Can we please have more Icon fighters?

This is a discussion on Can we please have more Icon fighters? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #33
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we please have more Icon fighters?

USADA has proven to be a joke. With all the "tainted" suppliments, and now if Brock and Jones are let back with a slap on the wrist while Machida and Lawlor got butt****ed.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #34
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

The only "Icon" that actually matters.

I would, no exaggeration, shed tears of joy if we got a prime Big Nog w/ Vale Tudo shorts.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____
The only "Icon" that actually matters.

I would, no exaggeration, shed tears of joy if we got a prime Big Nog w/ Vale Tudo shorts.
Real Talk

Big Nog with those shorts and

BJ Penn with his classic shorts

Would be the guys who deserved it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #36
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____
Yh prime Big Nog would be awesome. But he has to actually look like his prime version though like in that pic. I don't just want old Big Nog with some vale tudo shorts thrown on him. Like we got Wand and Cro Cop, but the only thing prime about them was their stats. They look nothing like their prime versions. Thats the old them already past their prime.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:51 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
USADA has proven to be a joke. With all the "tainted" suppliments, and now if Brock and Jones are let back with a slap on the wrist while Machida and Lawlor got butt****ed.
Technically by the time Brock gets back in the cage, he will have served more time suspended than Machida did. It was both their first offense.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:44 AM   #38
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Technically by the time Brock gets back in the cage, he will have served more time suspended than Machida did. It was both their first offense.
Let me rephrase: the USADA/UFC collaboration has been a joke. In retrospect Machida's suspension might have done him some good, BUT Brock popped in competition, has the fight turned to a NC (with back-to-back losses behind it). "retires" from MMA with a smile and a wink. then comes back and will get a shot at the title. I'm sorry, what?? Wanna tell Mark Hunt with a straight face that the USADA/UFC collab is working?

Now we get Jones popping for the 2nd time in his career, now for effing Turinabol. And if they actually get that Gustaffson fight or whatever they working on? I'm so done...

Now, I came into MMA later than most here. You guys might look back at the early days with fond memories. I look at it like the savage days. I have no interest in this WWF bull WME is shoveling. I came in when it was a sport, and it's looking less like a sport every day that passes.

Off topic. I'll shut up now.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #39
Banned

Machida is a bad example. Dude never popped. He admitted to taking a substance that he thought may have been tainted but wasn’t.

The sport is overall better because of USADA, but it’s not quite perfect. Tbh...Jon and Brock and possibly Romero are the guys who I think are gaming the system. Although Costa is a tainted supplement away from ruining a main event. Costa vs Romero was great match making. Only one user will go up the rankings and if one pops the other can’t really complain
Old 09-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #40
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
These are players I probably won't even beat consistently or at all while using my absolute best fighters in the game. Doesn't prove much.

Rashad CAN be used competitively on ranked other good players.
I've gone on win streaks with him and Hendo.
I really enjoyed the video of you going on the streak with Rashad.
He’s one of my favorite fighters since he came on the scene during a really pivotal time in MMA’s growth as a sport. He is a legend for sure and deserves
icon status along with BJ Penn, Hughes, Shogun, and all of the others already
Mentioned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »