Home

Can we please have more Icon fighters?

This is a discussion on Can we please have more Icon fighters? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2018, 04:45 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Can we please have more Icon fighters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Let me rephrase: the USADA/UFC collaboration has been a joke. In retrospect Machida's suspension might have done him some good, BUT Brock popped in competition, has the fight turned to a NC (with back-to-back losses behind it). "retires" from MMA with a smile and a wink. then comes back and will get a shot at the title. I'm sorry, what?? Wanna tell Mark Hunt with a straight face that the USADA/UFC collab is working?

Now we get Jones popping for the 2nd time in his career, now for effing Turinabol. And if they actually get that Gustaffson fight or whatever they working on? I'm so done...

Now, I came into MMA later than most here. You guys might look back at the early days with fond memories. I look at it like the savage days. I have no interest in this WWF bull WME is shoveling. I came in when it was a sport, and it's looking less like a sport every day that passes.

Off topic. I'll shut up now.
It hasnt been perfect but it isnt a joke. Hunt knew Lesnar was getting a USADA waiver to fight at UFC 200. He knew there was a chance he would pop. He didnt care before the fight because he was getting PPV points. He took a chance, lost and then got mad when Lesnar did what everyone thought he would. He couldve declined the fight if he was so principled against fighting steroid cheats but he went ahead with it because of the potential payday.

All I know is pre USADA, Lesnar wouldve gotten 6 mos to a year from NSAC or likely wouldnt have popped. Now he will likely serve 18-21 mos before he enters the cage again. I'm fine with that. The title shot thing has nothing to do with USADA and everything to do with WME trying to make as much money as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #42
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0

EDIT: I moved my answer to the MMA Board.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...topic-404.html

Last edited by MacGowan; 09-03-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:55 PM   #43
Pro

Back on topic please

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-03-2018, 08:22 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
My latest video is actually on Rashad.

https://youtu.be/KpNJaAFUjh4

He is powerful, fast enough to trade on the inside and his overhand punch is money.

Basically try to fight like Rashad did in his prime. He is not a Michael Bisping type character so you need to Keep your combos very short or you'll gas. On the inside try to use your head movement and when you trade, i'd go with the rear uppercut left hook combo, or if you're feeling confident, use the straight left hook rear uppercut combo.... the good ol 1-6-3 death combo works too.

I'd also use his wrestling, mostly utilizing the cage Takedowns so you don't gas out trying to take them down in the middle of the cage. My set up is usually to sneak my way on the inside, bluff aggression, get them near the cage, use the push, then shoot.

Just play around with him. I guarantee you'll find success. Just whatever you do, don't brawl.
Yeah, he's got tools but his stats are weak AF. I got to rank 60 on Xbox only using him though on an alt account. Movement (it's over 90), setting up overhands and also stationary rear roundhouses along with wrestling is the keys to win with him but it's always an uphill battle, especially against top 100.

A buff for him would be amazing since his top game, health and stuff is terrible.

Last edited by InverseMMA; 09-03-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:27 PM   #45
Banned

WHeres my homies sakuraba tyson and bad ruten? Best characters ever put in a ufc game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 06:26 AM   #46
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

We need El Guapo!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »