Home

Just booted this game up for the first time in months...

This is a discussion on Just booted this game up for the first time in months... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Just booted this game up for the first time in months...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM584
You can easily prove him wrong by posting a video.

But you aren't going to do that, are you?
He wont. This was an attention seeking post.

Like we are 7 mos into this game. Most people who dislike a game after 7 mos (who just came off of a 2 mos break from playing the game) wont waste their time posting about how much they hate the game. He wasnt looking for help. He was looking for attention.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
He wont. This was an attention seeking post.

Like we are 7 mos into this game. Most people who dislike a game after 7 mos (who just came off of a 2 mos break from playing the game) wont waste their time posting about how much they hate the game. He wasnt looking for help. He was looking for attention.
Wrong again. This is an older video, but I still have the same issues.

https://youtu.be/rmAmbg2MH58

Look how aggressive Woodley... yes Woodley gets. How's that for attention grabbing? I've complained about ai aggression since day one. Look at my posts. Anybody that criticizes must just be attention seeking? Good deflection for an obvious flaw in the game.

And another for good measure.

https://youtu.be/u_-pgLY97to

As stated these are older, but I'm still having the exact same issues.

Last edited by sdpdude9; 07-31-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:30 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
Play on Pro and fought against Moicano, Almeida, and Romero. I play a lot of counter fighter and approach fight realistically with no mass aggression. Regardless of this I've switched difficulties and played nearly every fighter in the game and still had the same issues. This shouldn't be an issue no matter any of those things. Nobody should throw that many strikes. Almeida threw 45 strikes within 90 seconds of the third round with him initiating every exchange. Thats ridiculous no matter what. I don't know what the purpose of your post is except to mindlessly defend the game like you always do and bitch about people complaining.
Much better. Now I'm gonna approach this post as if you are actually asking for clarity (you arent but maybe this will help others). So lets break it down:

- On pro, the AI typically throws more strikes than on Hard and will occasionally throw combos back to back. Now that doesnt result in 150-200 strike rounds unless, you are pushing forward and forcing the AI to counter strike.

For example, Almeida has a generic striker template which has a high counter strike reaction. That means that if you are pushing forward and striking, the Striking template AI will counter strike a lot. The opposite of that is someone like Jon Jones who is tuned to rarely counter strike.

So its strange that you saw "45 strikes in 90 seconds" when you "I play a lot of counter fighter and approach fight realistically with no mass aggression." Especially when the rest of Almeida's template is tuned for him to hang back and fight at a distance.

- Moicano is using a custom template. He does move forward alot but he counters less and when his stamina drops he retreats further than Almeida.

- Yoel also has a template thats different than the others. Its custom. Specific only to him and his style and actually is tuned to take longer breaks in action. For example, I've had 20-30 seconds go by where I will just look at Romero, stand still and he will do the same. He isnt the least aggressive fighter in the game but he's one of the lower ones.

- Now, I would love to see a video because "45 strikes in 90 seconds" is something I've never seen and I've probably fought almost every fighter on hard or pro. Thats comes out almost 200 strikes a round. Its weird that you picked 3 fighters that are tuned differently yet you claim to see the same results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2018, 12:36 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Now, I would love to see a video because "45 strikes in 90 seconds" is something I've never seen and I've probably fought almost every fighter on hard or pro. Thats comes out almost 200 strikes a round. Its weird that you picked 3 fighters that are tuned differently yet you claim to see the same results.
I will try to get you a video tonight if I have time to play. They will throw 35-45 strikes in the first 90 seconds, then they slow down a bit but usually end at around 100-120 per round.

It is odd that all different Ai's are doing this, this my exact complaint.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:37 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Wrong again. This is an older video, but I still have the same issues.

https://youtu.be/rmAmbg2MH58

Look how aggressive Woodley... yes Woodley gets. How's that for attention grabbing? I've complained about ai aggression since day one. Look at my posts. Anybody that criticizes must just be attention seeking? Good deflection for an obvious flaw in the game.

And another for good measure.

https://youtu.be/u_-pgLY97to

As stated these are older, but I'm still having the exact same issues.
What was wrong about my post? You werent looking for help. You wanted attention. And you got it.

Also, people post flaws about this game EVERY DAY. LOL. Every day. I average maybe 2 posts a day and havent really posted regularly here in weeks. I just have issues with people who post and arent looking for solutions.

Regarding your videos, in the first one you are constantly advancing in the first round. The only time you take a step back is to avoid a strike or combo. Woodley is fighting off of his back foot. The only time he is aggressive is when he rocks you at the 2:30 mark and tries to take advantage of that. Even toward the end of the round at 1:50, he advanced with a 5 punch combo and immediately went back to step kick range.

What did you do? You charged right back at him and put yourself back in range.

But I'm biased I guess. Other people in this thread...please watch these vids and tell me what you think.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:40 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I will try to get you a video tonight if I have time to play. They will throw 35-45 strikes in the first 90 seconds, then they slow down a bit but usually end at around 100-120 per round.

It is odd that all different Ai's are doing this, this my exact complaint.
I'm just saying, I havent seen it. In fact one of the first AI tests, I did a year ago was with Romero and it was to see how long it would take him to throw an initial strike if I just kept my distance and didnt advance.

It was 28 seconds before he threw his first strike and since then we've made tweeks to make him more conservative.

On the plus side, next month's patch will have some aggression tweaks and from what I've seen they look great. I dont know if they will apply across the board or just for specific fighters though.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:43 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
What was wrong about my post? You werent looking for help. You wanted attention. And you got it.

Also, people post flaws about this game EVERY DAY. LOL. Every day. I average maybe 2 posts a day and havent really posted regularly here in weeks. I just have issues with people who post and arent looking for solutions.

Regarding your videos, in the first one you are constantly advancing in the first round. The only time you take a step back is to avoid a strike or combo. Woodley is fighting off of his back foot. The only time he is aggressive is when he rocks you at the 2:30 mark and tries to take advantage of that. Even toward the end of the round at 1:50, he advanced with a 5 punch combo and immediately went back to step kick range.

What did you do? You charged right back at him and put yourself back in range.

But I'm biased I guess. Other people in this thread...please watch these vids and tell me what you think.
Whole second half of round one he is advancing. He is coming forward a ton in round 2 and throwing way too many strikes. Have you ever seen Woodley fight like this? I try to keep it realistic and not stand across the octagon from my opponent, and stay near range. Like a real fight. The second I get close he goes crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2018, 12:58 PM   #16
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

UFC 3 was released on February 2.
The videos you posted were uploaded on January 26.

They're not old, they're ancient.
What does that prove? that the AI was agressive a week before launch?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »