Home

Just booted this game up for the first time in months...

This is a discussion on Just booted this game up for the first time in months... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 11:15 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Just booted this game up for the first time in months...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
There is a reason that there aren't threads praising the game. Go back and look at last years MLB the Show...people will praise a game if there is a great product. The problem is that there are soooo many things wrong and when people speak out. Guys like you who are "valuable" members of the community get to curse, insult, name call and undermine the honest criticism of the game that in the end lead to a better game and the game we should have gotten at launch. Its ok for the OP to vent. Instead of shutting him down, move on from the thread or give pointers on what he is experiencing in a non-condescending way. If the vent is bogus nobody will respond and the thread dies. If it takes a life there is something to it
How is this clown not banned already? Contributes nothing to this forum and is just venum.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:19 PM   #50
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Let's get back on topic

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Whats funny is this thread is an example of me being nice. I knew he was wrong the minute I read the OP. I knew that there are multiple fighters who arent aggressive. I knew that he was using old videos as proof of aggression. What did I do? I asked him to provide more info. After he did, I took the time to actually record videos showing him examples of how fighters can be very conservative.
To be honest, you were very confrontational at the start. You didn't give my complaints any merit just because I didn't post a video right away, as if that negates an issue. People aren't automatically trolls because they didn't post a video, as you immediately suggested I was.

Also, you didn't really help me. All you did was show under specific circumstances you could sometimes make the ai behave closer to what I want, only trying to disprove my statement of "all" ai having this problem, even though all are more than capable of behaving too aggressively unless you play a certain way, which shouldn't be the case. Aggressive templates are way too aggressive and non aggressive templates are very prone to engage in a fire fight if you push the pace at all and sometimes are willing to come forward regardless. They don't react to getting rocked and knocked down repeatedly. My issues still stand, just because you can get the ai to sometimes behave correctly by doing things only a certain way doesn't mean it's a non-issue.

Last edited by sdpdude9; 08-13-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
To be honest, you were very confrontational at the start. You didn't give my complaints any merit just because I didn't post a video right away, as if that negates an issue. Also, you didn't really help me. All you did was show under specific circumstances you could sometimes make the ai behave closer to what I want, only trying to disprove my statement of "all" ai having this problem, even though all are more than capable of behaving too aggressively unless you play a certain way, which shouldn't be the case.
To be fair I think your post was a bit over the top

This is still one of the best AIs to date in a MMA game

The pace thing is a legit complaint when it comes to real time clock and 5 minute rounds. You took it a step further and tried to make it sound like the AI is terrible overall
Old 08-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207

The pace thing is a legit complaint when it comes to real time clock and 5 minute rounds. You took it a step further and tried to make it sound like the AI is terrible overall
My post was in line with what I'm experiencing. The video I posted a few pages back against Moicano is how probably 90% of my fights go, regardless of templates. Basically, the only way I can get the ai to behave less aggressively is to face a very conservative ai and only counter strike. Even then it's not a guarantee.

And yes, it is very fast paced because the game tries to fit 5 real time minutes of action into 3. That is what tends to make it seem so aggressive.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:29 AM   #54
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207

This. It was an over the top initial post. Here are some excerpts:

The ai is terrible!

The fights don't play out realistic at all.

They are incredibly aggressive, throwing 35 strikes within a minute of accelerated clock.

Also, they target the body far more than any fighter I've ever seen. At least half of their strikes are to the body! But they are nearly impossible to hit to the body, always a perfect counter.

My response wasnt confrontational at all. It just pointed out that you provided no information that could help the community or the devs help you fix your problem.

Now you made a very broad statement. You didnt say "some of the AI fighters" are aggressive....you said ALL of them were. Now either you truly thought that (and I provided proof that isnt the case) or you were using hyperbole to get attention.

Now you have the right to have your opinion. Thats fair. But your initial statement was proven wrong. There are a number of conservative AI fighters. It is very possible to have a slower paced fight against the AI.

Finally, what you really want is something that most people dont want. Thats the issue. You want an AI that will have realistic strike totals (Ex. A Machida throwing 20-30 strikes on real clock) when the reality is there are a significant number of people who play the game who dislike that. You are never going to get what you want unless they add sliders.

So you can lobby for sliders (which you should) or you can adjust and deal with the fact that certain fighters will be more aggressive than in real life or you can shelve the game.

Actually, you can do one other thing. You can identify individual fighters who are more aggressive than they should be and Skynet can attempt to adjust them. Thats what people have been doing on this forum for months and its been great. Instead of making dramatic posts with no specifics or posting vids from before launch, they identify specific issues with fighters and Skynet fixes them.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This. It was an over the top initial post. Here are some excerpts:

The ai is terrible!

The fights don't play out realistic at all.

They are incredibly aggressive, throwing 35 strikes within a minute of accelerated clock.

Also, they target the body far more than any fighter I've ever seen. At least half of their strikes are to the body! But they are nearly impossible to hit to the body, always a perfect counter.

My response wasnt confrontational at all. It just pointed out that you provided no information that could help the community or the devs help you fix your problem.

Now you made a very broad statement. You didnt say "some of the AI fighters" are aggressive....you said ALL of them were. Now either you truly thought that (and I provided proof that isnt the case) or you were using hyperbole to get attention.

Now you have the right to have your opinion. Thats fair. But your initial statement was proven wrong. There are a number of conservative AI fighters. It is very possible to have a slower paced fight against the AI.

Finally, what you really want is something that most people dont want. Thats the issue. You want an AI that will have realistic strike totals (Ex. A Machida throwing 20-30 strikes on real clock) when the reality is there are a significant number of people who play the game who dislike that. You are never going to get what you want unless they add sliders.

So you can lobby for sliders (which you should) or you can adjust and deal with the fact that certain fighters will be more aggressive than in real life or you can shelve the game.

Actually, you can do one other thing. You can identify individual fighters who are more aggressive than they should be and Skynet can attempt to adjust them. Thats what people have been doing on this forum for months and its been great. Instead of making dramatic posts with no specifics or posting vids from before launch, they identify specific issues with fighters and Skynet fixes them.
You see this is kind of the problem with your responses. First off, all of what you quoted is true, as evidenced by my video. Second, your method of dealing with my complaint is to only try to discredit it because I said "all" and not some. In op, I was in fact referring to the matches I had just played after booting the game up for the first time in months and indeed, all of my ai opponents were far too aggressive. You also keep harkening back to my old video in an attempt to discredit me when I said numerous times it was all I had but I would get another when I had time. It did show the same issues as the new video.

The responses from you have all been to discredit and pull attention away from an issue, even when it's been shown in my video demonstrating everything I had said. Once I proved you wrong, you changed to focus to only on my use of the word "all." There was never acknowledgement that what I showed was exactly what I described and that it should be looked at as a serious issue.

In my op, I was describing what issues I was having. I didn't know I was to provide every shred of evidence for it, and you immediately went on the attack. That kind of thinking hurts making the game better. You attack people for criticizing unless they can give you a 20 bullet point presentation on what's wrong. That's not how to engage with a community.

Sliders would be a fantastic way to remedy this problem. All I want is a realistic experience and I'm not getting that, which is why I made this post. It was not for attention, it is a true and very annoying issue that I've had with this game from the start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #56
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
You see this is kind of the problem with your responses. First off, all of what you quoted is true, as evidenced by my video. Second, your method of dealing with my complaint is to only try to discredit it because I said "all" and not some. In op, I was in fact referring to the matches I had just played after booting the game up for the first time in months and indeed, all of my ai opponents were far too aggressive. You also keep harkening back to my old video in an attempt to discredit me when I said numerous times it was all I had but I would get another when I had time. It did show the same issues as the new video.

The responses from you have all been to discredit and pull attention away from an issue, even when it's been shown in my video demonstrating everything I had said. Once I proved you wrong, you changed to focus to only on my use of the word "all." There was never acknowledgement that what I showed was exactly what I described and that it should be looked at as a serious issue.

In my op, I was describing what issues I was having. I didn't know I was to provide every shred of evidence for it, and you immediately went on the attack. That kind of thinking hurts making the game better. You attack people for criticizing unless they can give you a 20 bullet point presentation on what's wrong. That's not how to engage with a community.

Sliders would be a fantastic way to remedy this problem. All I want is a realistic experience and I'm not getting that, which is why I made this post. It was not for attention, it is a true and very annoying issue that I've had with this game from the start.
Your video is proof that one fighter is aggressive. Your Woodley videos were from before the first patch (there have been 7 since then).

I discredit hyperbole. If you said, I fought "Diaz, D. Sanchez and Moicano and they were aggressive"...my response wouldve been "You are right and here is why these fighters are aggressive". Instead you decided to say every fighter AI is aggressive which is flat out wrong.

Also it wasnt an "attack". People here are so sensitive that if someone challenges their posts or identifies things wrong with their post...its an attack. I didnt call your post dumb. I didnt insult you. I said you failed to give us information that would help us "fix your problem".

I didnt change my focus at all. I asked you for information. You provided it. I responded to that and gave you videos showing you that your premise isnt correct. Now you did change your focus. It went from "every AI is aggressive no matter what" to "most Ais are aggressive if you are in striking range".

As I said before, you started this thread and overstated the problem. It is also attention seeking. There is an AI thread that has been going on since release. You have even posted in it. Its where Skynet responds to most of the complaints or comments about the AI. You couldve posted in there but nah. You had to start your own thread. You couldve identified the fighters you were using in the first post but nah....you had to generalize and make it seem like everybody fights the same.

****, you couldve said to yourself "Before I post this maybe I'll fight more than 3 fighters or maybe I'll fight someone like Machida or Wonderboy and see if this is the case with fighters who are known to be conservative" but nah....thats too much work, I guess.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »