Home

would u like to play Title mode ?

This is a discussion on would u like to play Title mode ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: do you want Title mode?
Yes, just like ufc undisputed 3 19 79.17%
No 2 8.33%
Yeah, but different from UD3 (elaborate) 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: would u like to play Title mode ?

Why on earth would someone answer this No?

If you dont like the idea, dont play it. Increasing the number of ways to have fun with a game is a good idea.

In terms of single player this game is VERY limiting. I think having a single player that mirrors the online structure. Where you work your way up through more difficult challengers until you have a title fight seems like a relatively easy fix. You would need the ability to save it so you can comeback to it. But WHY NOT?

I do like the idea of Universe Mode, but perhaps something simpler like a Climb the Ranks mode could help give the single player mode more meaning and purpose.

It could be as simple as a climb the mountain mode like you would see in MK with the highest rated fighter (who is NOT the fighter you pick) being the Final boss.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:18 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
Why on earth would someone answer this No?

If you dont like the idea, dont play it. Increasing the number of ways to have fun with a game is a good idea.

In terms of single player this game is VERY limiting. I think having a single player that mirrors the online structure. Where you work your way up through more difficult challengers until you have a title fight seems like a relatively easy fix. You would need the ability to save it so you can comeback to it. But WHY NOT?

I do like the idea of Universe Mode, but perhaps something simpler like a Climb the Ranks mode could help give the single player mode more meaning and purpose.

It could be as simple as a climb the mountain mode like you would see in MK with the highest rated fighter (who is NOT the fighter you pick) being the Final boss.
Exactly. I'll only play this game offline.. So a mode like this would be perfect to improve the single player experience.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:07 AM   #11
MVP

Come home from work, cba to make an Event Mode so boot up Title Mode and have a fight or two. That would be sweet.

Event & Tournament mode I play when I'm fresh. Setting up the right fights and playing through the whole thing is fun but not when tired.

Custom Fight is cool but doesn't have the continuity that Title Mode would have.

Career mode I will play through when the devs have finished all their patching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #12
Rookie

And a mode like that would allow people to play a more diversified game

Encouraging you to go through a division you dont normally play in, facing fighters you don't normally match up against in "fight now".

Or, hell, even picking a "B" Fighter and trying to make him become the champ..

So many possibilities.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:25 AM   #13
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
DIVISION MODE

I love Tournament mode! The visuals are awesome, and you kinda get to make your own little universe. But I am kinda confused. Tournament isn't really a UFC thing, in fact with the recent Bellator heavyweight tournament it feels kinda off-brand. But how awesome wouldn't it be if it was a custom division too? It would be fairly easy to make. You would fill it up with 20-30 of your fighters and simply pick two and either sim it, or fight. there could be a simple algorithm that assigned certain points for W, early KO W, early KO L, L and move the fighter up or down the rankings. look at that picture, i would love for this to be a mode.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ggestions.html
Old 08-11-2018, 07:27 AM   #14
Rookie

I don't remember how it used to be in Undisputed 3, but it would be interesting for your oponents to have some bonuses in skills that come into play when facing, lets say, the champ, or a prospect in that division..

And time/age could also play a role as you progress, become a dominant champ and defend a belt .. you could lose some stamina, heart, speed..

Let's say you went through several fights, become the champ, defend the belt 5 times, and the next contender is israel adesanya.. Since he is a prospect he could have bonuses in specific skills, and since you've been in the game for so long, age should also diminish your skills.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:37 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Is that the same concept of title mode?

It seems a little bit different to me. In title mode you would play in a existing/chosen division (not a customizable one). That one seems like a mix of title mode and tournament mode (since you're the one who creates a new division).

But yeah, I'm all for it.. They should just add title mode and include an option where you can create your own division
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #16
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogomn
Is that the same concept of title mode?

It seems a little bit different to me.
Yes. It would be different from the UD3 title mode.
Which is why I voted for it, and elaborated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »