Home

This community is full of toxic players

This is a discussion on This community is full of toxic players within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 07:04 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This community is full of toxic players

Agree . B fighters can be helpful getting you up near the top but once you get up there and face skilled players 4 out of 5 matches your at a huge disadvantage with the b fighters as fighter stats play a huge role. Especially on the ground. I used to love cerrone , could hold my own on the ground. Not anymore when all you face is gsp at high level. It is what it is. Satisfying though when you knock out gsp with magny or the sorts
Old 08-14-2018, 07:13 AM   #10
Banned

Funny, when a guy uses a crap fighter They usually r real good. If I win I always send a message of respect. Unless they send a message sayin that they would’ve won if they chose their best
Old 08-14-2018, 07:58 AM   #11
Rookie

I used to get so many hate messages in UFC 2. Now when I play this game, it's usually on a back up account where I have messages disabled. It was cute and funny getting messages like that at first, but after a while, it get's old. There's some genuinely good people in this community that I've made friends with, but there's a fair amount of awful people too.

I want to see the ESFL get bigger because it's a great thing. How awesome would it be to see UFC played in one of the big gaming tournaments alongside other fighting games? This community is small so it has to grow to have a chance at that. I can't see that happening with the way the the toxic part of this community is. Between people getting IP booted( and this has happened multiple times in ESFL, as well as other popular players just playing ranked matches) and the Twitch chat being it's usual rosy self, I can't see a person new to the community wanting to stick around. Add in people sending hateful, racist, vile etc. messages to others, it's not going to happen. I hope I'm wrong but it's an uphill battle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 08:20 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I tried playing matches with aljamin sterling, chad mendes and i lost to conors and tjs and got blasted with “how are u top 20 u suck ***”

Thats what i get for trying not to use the most cheesy characters, well consider it over; i got 5 pts for beating amanda nunes with leslie smith and lost 20 pts for losing as felder against khabib
Yeah, when they win they feel entitled to trash talk, even if you are giving them a huge advantage from the start. If they get on your nerves, just block them.

About the reward, I just dont buy it.
There is not a breakdown of the points like it was in UFC 2, when they even took points from you if the opponent was way worst than you. Until real proof, I think the only thing affecting the points is the players ranking.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
Funny I see this right after I get a message from a mcg that beat me

Also clinch denials need to be retuned because you know damn well you not denying all my attempts don’t even front

I could write a novel, meet a girl, get married, have a child, start a business, have it go bankrupt, start a kickstarter, go viral, become a multimillionair, travel the world, learn all instruments, develop a terminal illness, donate my proceedings to good causes, build libraries and schools, and wish my then grandchildren good bye and still have enough time to deny that clinch attempt.

This game right now is dominated by fast boxers with good health stats and some ground.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #14
Pro

Been there a million times, mainly in QM though. Only worse: I’ll pick a high rated fighter, then experiment with a style contrary to my strengths (I’m a grappler, but like to experiment with striking). So it looks I’m try-harding, when in reality I’m trying to experiment with some specific tactic, like rope a doping with Anderson Silva.

The worst is when I’ll pick Jones, trying to experiment with his striking. I’ll shoot zero takedowns, and just look to use my reach, oblique kicks, elbows, etc. Not looking for the W at all. Then I get clipped and KOed and the opponent messages me like “lol wow you picked Jones and still lost. Guess I’m #28 in the world now”. Like... come on now if I wanted the W, I’d have gotten it without much resistance, using Pat Cummins. We both know you’d refuse if I asked for a rematch, so shush.

Last edited by Good Grappler; 08-14-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #15
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I feel you man, I've been playing Ultimate Team a lot lately to get the lvl 150 trophy to complete my Platinum on PSN ---- got all types of 5-star DCs and Conors in the top 100 that will throw 140+ strikes in first round against my 3-star CAF, then talk TRASH when they BARELY beat me lol

Still some cool guys in this community for sure, but overall it's more toxic tha your average gaming community, which is saying something lol

I always try to remember to have fun, it's just a game!!!!

Though I still get caught up in **** talking sometimes lol can't handle some of the scum out there, but I guess just try and be better than them both in the game and as a person --- or just block em haha
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #16
Pro

I've gotten messaged " Your trash, kid" by over 50 separate players even if I won. Is this some kind of Xbox joke?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »