Home

Can we talk about the hit reactions/head snapping?

This is a discussion on Can we talk about the hit reactions/head snapping? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can we talk about the hit reactions/head snapping?

This is probably related to the KO physics, which took a step back from UFC 2, but the head snapping is really awkward and unnatural looking in UFC 3. It looks like a canned animation, instead of being truly physics driven.

The other issue is the LACK of hit reactions on the way down, even if it's a KO punch. Punches on the way down don't snap the head back.

Now compare that with UFC 2. No awkward head snapping, and beautiful hit reactions, even on the way down.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 10:04 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Can we talk about the hit reactions/head snapping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cool_Ice
This is probably related to the KO physics, which took a step back from UFC 2, but the head snapping is really awkward and unnatural looking in UFC 3. It looks like a canned animation, instead of being truly physics driven.

The other issue is the LACK of hit reactions on the way down, even if it's a KO punch. Punches on the way down don't snap the head back.

Now compare that with UFC 2. No awkward head snapping, and beautiful hit reactions, even on the way down.

I literally hate the snap back thing. It looks horrible and happens on almost every single one of my KO’s.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
I literally hate the snap back thing. It looks horrible and happens on almost every single one of my KO’s.

It looks bad, and I’m surprised more people aren’t chiming in on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-15-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Maybe because there's a hundre ragdoll posts/threads already?
Old 08-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Maybe because there's a hundre ragdoll posts/threads already?

Doesn’t that tell you something? It’s not just me posting about it, I’m just a KO physics evangelist. In any case, this is about hit reactions, not ragdoll specifically.

You’re a grappling guy, right? You care about the transitions/body positions being as realistic as possible, right? It should be the same for hit reactions and KOs.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 04:06 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:

Yeah it looks really awkward, hope it's addressed soon.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:54 AM   #7
MVP

While I agree, I think the reason more people are vocal about it at this point is because for a lot of us, we've been asking for proper ragdoll to come back since the beta.

And eventually some complaints get to a point where we all kinda just go "Yeah, they know about that" and it gets put on a backburner.

It's happened with Ragdoll, Lunge queuing, the entire clinch game and a few other things that elude me.
Edit: Combined stats, that's another one, we ALL hate that, and the devs know, but you rarely see it brought up anymore.

Now this isn't to say "this thread is pointless" or anything like that, far from it, this thread contains some good GIFs and arguments for Ragdoll, its just most people have said their bit and probably can't be bothered repeating it at this point.

Though again, I hate the snap back/preset animations, I had 18GB of UFC 2 KO captures. I have 3gb of UFC 3, and a third of those are screenshots.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:19 AM   #8
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
You’re a grappling guy, right?
I'm a grappling guy? When did I become the grappling guy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »