Home

Composure, Balance, meet Gravity.

This is a discussion on Composure, Balance, meet Gravity. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Composure, Balance, meet Gravity.

I have to say, I'm becoming more and more of a fan of how the 'rocked' state works in this franchise. One of my biggest requests would still be that you can achieve a 'rock' or a KO from more positions no matter how rare (full guard I'm looking at you).
Recently I noticed a stumble animation which occurs when trying to back-pedal in a severely rocked state. This got me to thinking.... I think it would add a really dynamic feel to the game if you had the possibility to topple over at the mercy of gravity if you try to backpedal or simply move around too much when you are severely rocked (sometimes). Perhaps even add a rocked state where you don't stumble around, but can also slip, trip, fall, until you regain your composure.

This would be a somewhat rare phenomena but I feel like at least for me, it would add a lot to the game. Something which I have yet to see done in an MMA title (a shout out to the equilibrium and gravity). I particularly think the minor rocked state would be a huge plus. In this state, you may not be visibly rocked, but the player would have some indication that he is not in a great sorts. This would affect strikes, defense, and yes, the aforementioned gravity events such as trips, slips, falls.

This might be a little over the top, but thought I'd share my thoughts on this with you guys, see if someone could talk me off the ledge ;-).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Composure, Balance, meet Gravity.

I think what you want is Kevin Lee vs Barbosa moments or Brock vs Cain break dance moments. I like the idea because it does happen irl, however this has a chance of looking real goofy. It should be done under very specific and rare conditions. I would pay money to see them mocap this.

I think you are just asking for Da Stanky Leg.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:52 PM   #3
Rookie

I love this idea something like the drunk effect off of gta 4 but not as severe this game is shaping up so well and a few fun mechanics like this thrown into it really shines through to reviewers and new comers it just makes the game more fun if done right. Loving the new patch and all the hard work devs! You guys really do set an example of showing dedication to a game
Old 08-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Maybe if you're kinda rocked you fall if you lunge but if you're severely rocked you fall if you move the stick 100% in a direction

Sent from my LGMP450 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »