Home

Question about single under on Active Knockdowns

This is a discussion on Question about single under on Active Knockdowns within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Question about single under on Active Knockdowns

Was playing a match with my roomate a while ago...he was using Zabit and I had Stephens and the finish was looked awesome. He was throwing alot of crazy fancy stuff and at one point I just winged an overhand out of fraustration that happened to catch him right on the button for the active knockdown. Now here's where my question comes in. On the active knockdown I went after him, grabbed the single under, drove him all the way into the cage and hit him with a knee. My question is do you have control over driving the opponent like that when you grab the single under? Like can I choose between driving him further back and just grabbing him and landing a quick knee?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Question about single under on Active Knockdowns

As far as I know, no.

If you're close to the cage it'll push them to that.

But that animation also only plays if your using a fighter with the single collar whip.

If they don't have that you'll just do the push (which just pushes them back onto their back)
Old 09-02-2018, 11:30 AM   #3
Rookie

I know that pettis has the whip but he always seems to push them instead of getting trying to knee them. Is it random or is there something u have to press when u run up to them
Old 09-02-2018, 02:21 PM   #4
Pro

Its also dependent of how hurt the other fighter is, even if your fighter has the whip. If the other fighter is really hurt you will just push them instead of doing the knee.

I'm not a big fan of this, but I'm guessing it was done so fighters with the whip didn't end fights all the time with the follow up knee, therefore having a pretty big advantage.

Personally I'd still like to see it happen but what can you do.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:51 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I thiiiiink it only happens once a fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2018, 09:08 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
You can do it multiple times. I did it three times to one guy but that's the only time it happened that many.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #7
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
It is contextual depending on how much head damage your opponent has sustained.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #8
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Was playing a match with my roomate a while ago...he was using Zabit and I had Stephens and the finish was looked awesome. He was throwing alot of crazy fancy stuff and at one point I just winged an overhand out of fraustration that happened to catch him right on the button for the active knockdown. Now here's where my question comes in. On the active knockdown I went after him, grabbed the single under, drove him all the way into the cage and hit him with a knee. My question is do you have control over driving the opponent like that when you grab the single under? Like can I choose between driving him further back and just grabbing him and landing a quick knee?
in short it seems :
you are always moving him fwd
distance is always the same and not controllable, it is not contextual or analog.

copy past from my Meta - for more clearance:

ACTIVE KD - lose balance and fall, but is able to quickly (and automatically) recover and Getup back to their feet. Possible to stay downed.
Attacker: can land extra strikes on the way down and way up from the ground. But on the way up Defender can Block.
> Landing more strikes during an Active Knockdown animation trigger a more severe Health event. Scoring a KD early in a Combo has real benefit over the last strike in the Combo.
ATTACKER: [while downed opponent is trying to Getup] (may holding) LSè - moving toward and pushing the opponent (duration of click/holding LS – no effect)
1. [IF opponent has low Head health OR my fighter does NOT have Single Collar Whip] push him back down to the Ground into the Butt-scoot position > from there you can Dive into DOM Guard OR Walking FWD into DOM Feet on hips position.
2. [IF opponent still has high Head health AND my fighter has the Single Collar Whip] into the Single Under grappling position with moving him forward some distance (distance is always the same, not controllable) > for the opportunity to land a 1-2 Knee to Head or Body (as in Single Collar Whip).
3. [IF opponent’s back is close to the Cage when I pushed him] push him into Seated Against The Cage position (FTF) > for the opportunity for Finish The Fight OR gain Over Under against the Cage clinch position.
DEFENDER: [while falling down during Active KD] (may holding) RSê - will Stay on the ground (to avoid Single Under position (2) and pushing into Seated Against The Cage position (3)).

Last edited by SUGATA; 09-04-2018 at 03:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »