Home

Single collar entry a tad too fast/subtle

This is a discussion on Single collar entry a tad too fast/subtle within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2018, 10:26 PM   #17
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Single collar entry a tad too fast/subtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Not sure if you are confirming what I said since it's pretty much what I was saying. The deny window hasn't changed, so I think people see the entry being completed and don't realize it's not too late to deny. Had some matches yesterday that I got pushed off in what seemed like a good bit of time I had the clinch already grabbed on.
Knowing this is very useful since the new clinch entry can really be masked if after a certain strike or angle. Just pop the deny and you might surprise yourself with a push off.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, I was agreeing with you.

The unintuitive thing is that spending up the animation from what it is now would actually make it easier to read, because you would get to the single collar pose faster, and be in that pose for longer while the denial window is open.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-25-2018, 10:28 PM   #18
Banned

Most players who complain about the clinch haven’t spent even an hour practicing it. Then they say to nerf it so they can have their fight night game. Guess what. This ain’t fight night. There’s a stand and bang mode available. Play that. It’s simply a matter of gitgud . Nothing was really wrong with the clinch to begin with. Inexperienced players cryed to get the skill ceiling lowered. Everything works. Practice. I find the layers who complain the most never practice. I spend an hour on head movement and denials before I even jump on ranked. Your opinions are literally detrimental to the game. Accept your failures as a player and grow from your losses. Watch your fights. But please don’t complain about something you don’t even practice to stop.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:31 PM   #19
Banned

Seriously guys... clinch just became viable and already this? Just get good at clinch. We can’t wait for ufc 4 with a kickboxing game. Like are you real fans of mma? Jesus this community baffles me. Lack of mma knowledge is astounding.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:50 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshark209
Seriously guys... clinch just became viable and already this? Just get good at clinch. We can’t wait for ufc 4 with a kickboxing game. Like are you real fans of mma? Jesus this community baffles me. Lack of mma knowledge is astounding.
Yo I thought we established that I didn't know you can deny after the animation stops but you can keep being a prick if you want
Old 08-25-2018, 11:55 PM   #21
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Most players who complain about the clinch haven’t spent even an hour practicing it. Then they say to nerf it so they can have their fight night game. Guess what. This ain’t fight night. There’s a stand and bang mode available. Play that. It’s simply a matter of gitgud . Nothing was really wrong with the clinch to begin with. Inexperienced players cryed to get the skill ceiling lowered. Everything works. Practice. I find the layers who complain the most never practice. I spend an hour on head movement and denials before I even jump on ranked. Your opinions are literally detrimental to the game. Accept your failures as a player and grow from your losses. Watch your fights. But please don’t complain about something you don’t even practice to stop.
You don't get it, AT ALL. Before you get on your ridiculous "just git good" soapbox, ask yourself, what makes guys like Ben Saunders, Overeem or Anderson Silva's MT clinch striking any different or more dangerous from anyone else who doesn't have one strike power in MT clinch irl in this game...? Nothing, cuz EVERYBODY HAS THE SAME CLINCH STRIKING POWER!

I don't care how much anyone can practice it, it's not realistic or sim at all and it doesn't take much to make it so. Make ratings that matter with clinch strikes and I'm also asking for a buff in speed/fluidity in clinch striking as well. It's not a request to nerf it b/c it's too hard, its because it's not good or sim.

You can't choose to even throw rapid fire knees. Ideally, you should have that ability or the ability to throw a solid power knee. If you're someone like Killa Bee, you might wanna throw fast knees, if you're someone like Overeem, you might be better of throwing slower but more powerful knees in clinch. It's just bad, and most of you guys jumping on the "just git good" train aren't processing these critiques on clinch at all.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 08-26-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 01:20 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
You don't get it, AT ALL. Before you get on your ridiculous "just git good" soapbox, ask yourself, what makes guys like Ben Saunders, Overeem or Anderson Silva's MT clinch striking any different or more dangerous from anyone else who doesn't have one strike power in MT clinch irl in this game...? Nothing, cuz EVERYBODY HAS THE SAME CLINCH STRIKING POWER!

I don't care how much anyone can practice it, it's not realistic or sim at all and it doesn't take much to make it so. Make ratings that matter with clinch strikes and I'm also asking for a buff in speed/fluidity in clinch striking as well. It's not a request to nerf it b/c it's too hard, its because it's not good or sim.

You can't choose to even throw rapid fire knees. Ideally, you should have that ability or the ability to throw a solid power knee. If you're someone like Killa Bee, you might wanna throw fast knees, if you're someone like Overeem, you might be better of throwing slower but more powerful knees in clinch. It's just bad, and most of you guys jumping on the "just git good" train aren't processing these critiques on clinch at all.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
How is the clinch not realistic despite the fact it needs locomotion? I can tell you don’t practice. Please don’t complain about aspects of the game you don’t bother to improve.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:52 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
How is the clinch not realistic despite the fact it needs locomotion? I can tell you don’t practice. Please don’t complain about aspects of the game you don’t bother to improve.
The clinch in game is very realistic and the hardest part of the game to learn. Striking is the easier to learn... the ground is second but the clinch is the hardest that’s why ppl complain about it but it’s on point... the problem is initiating the clinch is near impossible high level where a guy is literally camping on clinch deny for his life..when in real life mma or even boxing the clinch is easiest thing ever to initiate..it’s undeniable this why khabib undefeated real life

Last edited by Ultras123; 08-26-2018 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:59 AM   #24
Rookie

Ducking ga need to be brought back ASAP too .. along with shorter single collars clinch denial windows which should be nearly if not undeniable..only then will this k1 game be fair for both sides grapplers and strikers

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »