Home

This patch has solidified EA UFC 3 as the GOAT

This is a discussion on This patch has solidified EA UFC 3 as the GOAT within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2018, 01:40 PM   #9
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This patch has solidified EA UFC 3 as the GOAT

combo system kills the striking.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:13 PM   #10
Banned

I am ok with the combo system now. I think the could do somethings to make it more individualized

I totally forgot about body triangle and knees from back side control. There are so many things missing in this game.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #11
MVP

In the striking and graphic aspects , this is the best MMA game of all time... I still dont like somethings in striking, but the game is what it is...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
1. This game still with the patch is insanely frustrating. On some level we have just gotten use to it.

2. UD3 had a bunch of issues

3. EA3 is the better overall game

4. EA3 is partly frustrating because some of the things in UD3 which was 3 MMA games ago on another console are still not in EA3

Aspect that were in previous games still not in this one
Improved Takedown vs Striking balance
PRIDE mode
cage positions
Saved event modes
ground sways
parries
better submission switching
strike feint on the ground.
butterfly guard
Compotent AI (in fairness I havent played the AI in recent patch)

on top of that....it has not advanced the idea of a Universe Mode which has been asked for since UD3

side bar - NFL2k was the best football game ever made, MVP 05 is not the best baseball game.

First step for EA is creating a completed game. I feel we all just paid to do beta testing for a game. EA4 should have no excuses. To me they have only a few things to concentrate on.

1. more fighter individuality
2. better more diverse grappling
3. balance takedowns
4. UNIVERSE MODE!!!!
I agree with a good bit of what you are saying,you make some valid points,and it is somewhat disappointing that some very good aspects of other MMA games failed to make it in this game. Somethings I'm glad they left out,like the horrible parries,finally EA made an MMA game without parries! PRIDE mode would be an awesome inclusion once they get all the gameplay issues in place,which I'm thinking by UFC 4 they hopefully will have everything in place. Don't they have an option to save events on here in event mode? Pretty sure you can save created events. The AI feels amazing since the last tuner update and patch honestly. Haven't tried every fighter but many of the ones I've fought against feel more true to life. I'm not so sure I agree with NFL 2K5 being the GOAT football game. Sure,it was amazing for its time,revolutionary even,but it takes more than an awesome presentation alone to convince me it's the best football game. To me,the last 2 NCAA games are the best as far as gameplay goes.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #13
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

At this point it's just a few little things that are possible in it's gameplay, that keep UD3 in the conversation. For example if i'm a good ground guy in UD3, I have more realistic options to help me in the fight like the ability to pull guard from clinch or catch strikes into sub attempts from my back...I can't do that in EA UFC. Or say i'm a wrestler...I have a bit more options. I can drive my opponent into the cage with td attempts, I can re-shoot from clinch positions on the cage, there's seated cage positions I can take advantage of, I can shoot for td's from off my back in in butt scoot position, ect. I can't do those things in EA UFC. It's just a few little things like those that are keeping UD3 in the conversationwith EA UFC and it's mostly grappling based stuff. As far as striking goes though, EA UFC is king. There's no debating that.

Last edited by WarMMA; 08-25-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:27 PM   #14
Pro

Maybe it's just me, but aside from the grappling aspect in which UD3 still has an edge, there are just one or two core issues that make UFC3 not at all enjoyable for me.

It is said that UD3 striking is stiff and wooden and it sure looks that way, but the control responsiveness and input feedback feel just right.

In UFC3 the controls feel just so sluggish and unresponsive to me, I drop inputs all the time, recovery takes forever and whenever I do get a combo off it feels like my fighter is underwater, which is why I can never react to stuff or slip strikes even if I read them correctly.

All these things the new patch added are awesome and I am very grateful to the devs for their commitment to improving the game, but the control unresponsiveness is an issue that probably cannot be patched, and as such the game will never be enjoyable for me.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:28 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Maybe it's just me, but aside from the grappling aspect in which UD3 still has an edge, there are just one or two core issues that make UFC3 not at all enjoyable for me.

It is said that UD3 striking is stiff and wooden and it sure looks that way, but the control responsiveness and input feedback feel just right.

In UFC3 the controls feel just so sluggish and unresponsive to me, I drop inputs all the time, recovery takes forever and whenever I do get a combo off it feels like my fighter is underwater, which is why I can never react to stuff or slip strikes even if I read them correctly.

All these things the new patch added are awesome and I am very grateful to the devs for their commitment to improving the game, but the control unresponsiveness is an issue that probably cannot be patched, and as such the game will never be enjoyable for me.
a year into this game i still find myself throwing a leg kick rather than an uppercut at times
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 05:30 PM   #16
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
a year into this game i still find myself throwing a leg kick rather than an uppercut at times
Lol same. I also still have slipping with head movement/switch stance issues. Maybe it's just my controller, but sometimes I use head movement and accidentally click it and switch stances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »