Home

The body kick catch is killing this game

This is a discussion on The body kick catch is killing this game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #33
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

OVR: 0
Question Re: The body kick catch is killing this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
I have not noticed any difference post patch to the frequency of this. It is ruining this game and turning it into a boxing match.

It’s at its absolute worst when you’ve rocked someone, they catch a body kick, rock you and instantly recover from there rock. The stand up is so much better with the new changes and this is just ruining it.
Yeah i noticed that too the very first few fights i had its like there is zero change to this or else one of the devs forgot it was meant to be added,GPD care to chime in on this?
Old 08-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #34
Banned

Re: The body kick catch is killing this game

1. It is slightly too easy to catch, but it’s not horrible. This is a skill and should be tied to clinch grappling rating. Not everyone should be able to do it the same.

2. This is way more important. The strike off of this should almost never rock someone. Holding someone leg as the move away and know the strike is coming rarely leads to a rock. Before you say Silva vs Irvin I would point out that Silva also KOd Griffin on a jab. I don’t want jabs flatlining people on the regular.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:35 PM   #35
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPSPunk
1. It is slightly too easy to catch, but it’s not horrible. This is a skill and should be tied to clinch grappling rating. Not everyone should be able to do it the same.

2. This is way more important. The strike off of this should almost never rock someone. Holding someone leg as the move away and know the strike is coming rarely leads to a rock. Before you say Silva vs Irvin I would point out that Silva also KOd Griffin on a jab. I don’t want jabs flatlining people on the regular.
Then block the strike. It's quite easy to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 05:35 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
But it doesn't work 90% of the time for some players.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:47 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I am happy a dev has responded to me, but yeah. I block but I still get rocked off the block on the regular.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:14 PM   #38
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

The problem I have is with pressure fighters. I weather the storm and gain a significant stamina advantage, but often my head health will be widdled down a bit at that point from dodging the storm of a 140 strike round. So even tho I have a giant stamina advantage in the later rounds ANY kick catch leads to an instant rock whether I block or not. Ive been straight up KOd like this so many times in fights where im literally picking my opponent apart all fight, then he catches 1 kick and Im ruined.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:08 PM   #39
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Body kicks are absolutely devastating as is if you set them up well. So many div 5 fights seem to boil down to who can set their body kicks up better. I'd say body kicks are already a much bigger part of the meta than they should be. Nerf the kick catch any more and we will just have body kicking contests.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:39 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Body kicks are absolutely devastating as is if you set them up well. So many div 5 fights seem to boil down to who can set their body kicks up better. I'd say body kicks are already a much bigger part of the meta than they should be. Nerf the kick catch any more and we will just have body kicking contests.
I couldn’t agree more with this. People are kicking TOO MUCH and the game straight up should be sucking away your stamina if missed or sleeping the guy your kicking. I would almost throw away the catch at this point and be happy with a regular buffed block I’m sick of playing a guessing game with that stupid kick

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »