Home

EA UFC 4 Be the Boss (Universe mode)

This is a discussion on EA UFC 4 Be the Boss (Universe mode) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2018, 06:02 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA UFC 4 Be the Boss (Universe mode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
My ideal system would be like most sports titles in a franchise mode. Fighters get older and deteriorate and you either cut them or they retire, while new fighters are generated and take their spots.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Your approach is the polar opposite of mine. For people like you, a randomizer is perfect. Especially if you are the type of guy who runs/sims years and years of cards. For someone like me who maybe plays 4-5 cards a month, a randomizer is less necessary because no one really gets older in my universe.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Your approach is the polar opposite of mine. For people like you, a randomizer is perfect. Especially if you are the type of guy who runs/sims years and years of cards. For someone like me who maybe plays 4-5 cards a month, a randomizer is less necessary because no one really gets older in my universe.
Yeah I'll give you an example of how my universe is a little wonky right now.

Somehow, someway Eddie Alvarez has lost 7 in a row in my universe. In the real UFC and in a franchise mode simulator, he'd probably retire or get cut at this point BUT I'd have a young gun coming up to replace him and some of those losses would have been me matching him up in a way to promote a younger fighter (think Rashad Evans against Anthony Smith).

Since there isn't a system in place to fix this with the lack of CAF slots and no progression/regression, at some point I've established all my "prospects" like the Northcutts and Zabit's of the world, with no one else coming up behind them.

So I plateau and have to start over. That's why I think if we have only a few intricacies to the first Universe Mode, a basic "push out/replenishment" of fighters has to be essential or the repeatability of the mode take a significant hit.

I'd say it should be prioritized over rankings. I'm gonna rank them in my mind and matchmaker accordingly, especially if the infancy of the mode doesn't involve money and I'm not beholden to trying to sell PPV's or give into fighter demands about pay or who fights who.

Last edited by TheRizzzle; 09-05-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I'll give you an example of how my universe is a little wonky right now.

Somehow, someway Eddie Alvarez has lost 7 in a row in my universe. In the real UFC and in a franchise mode simulator, he'd probably retire or get cut at this point BUT I'd have a young gun coming up to replace him and some of those losses would have been me matching him up in a way to promote a younger fighter (think Rashad Evans against Anthony Smith).

Since there isn't a system in place to fix this with the lack of CAF slots and no progression/regression, at some point I've established all my "prospects" like the Northcutts and Zabit's of the world, with no one else coming up behind them.

So I plateau and have to start over. That's why I think if we have only a few intricacies to the first Universe Mode, a basic "push out/replenishment" of fighters has to be essential or the repeatability of the mode take a significant hit.

I'd say it should be prioritized over rankings. I'm gonna rank them in my mind and matchmaker accordingly, especially if the infancy of the mode doesn't involve money and I'm not beholden to trying to sell PPV's or give into fighter demands about pay or who fights who.

I ran into a similar situation with Clay Guida. I think he lost 5 straight. Now I just shelved him for a year plus. I can do that because I have profiles for each weight class and that gives me 22 fighters to replace him. If he's around in the next version of the game, I make it like he got some wins outside the UFC

Rankings should be easier to implement because we already have that system in career mode. I'm hoping the same would go for replenishing fighters since thats in career mode too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 06:55 PM   #36
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
the CAF process will be improved alot. The devs recognized the complaints about it since UFC 1.
Sad to see the clothes go, but the tattoo system introduced in UFC2 has been on fire, and really made this game for me (I'm a geek, I know)

Speaking of. I pray to the devs that they'll allow us to copy our CAFs from UFC3 to UFC4. I just remade a few CAFs I lost in the great glitch crash of August.
One has 100 layers of tattoos
another two has 35 each.

I really, really don't ever wanna have to redo them again.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
I ran into a similar situation with Clay Guida. I think he lost 5 straight. Now I just shelved him for a year plus. I can do that because I have profiles for each weight class and that gives me 22 fighters to replace him. If he's around in the next version of the game, I make it like he got some wins outside the UFC

Rankings should be easier to implement because we already have that system in career mode. I'm hoping the same would go for replenishing fighters since thats in career mode too.
Do you make the fighters based on real life fighters or do you make them up completely?

Old 09-05-2018, 07:48 PM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Do you make the fighters based on real life fighters or do you make them up completely?

Real life fighters. Some are based on UFC 2 fighters who were winning in my universe. I still have UFC 2 so I've taken their stats (with some tweaks) move sets and perks and moved them to UFC 3. Some are brand new fighters like David Teymur who arent in the game.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:30 PM   #39
MVP

I just thought of something and it really bums me out.

If we ever get a good in-depth franchise mode, we probably won't ever get drug suspensions. I feel like it's such an integral part of the the MMA game now, but there is no way the UFC is letting that into a game with its name on it.

Same way the NCAA football games used to have academics issues and you'd have to suspend the players or the NCAA would. They took that out quick.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:32 PM   #40
MVP

Also, I think we should call it Be The Promoter or Promoter Mode or Be The Boss, basically anything other than Universe Mode from now on.

I think Universe Mode has a stigma and some people might be getting confused about what we're asking for. All the the theatrics would be nice eventually, but at it's core we aren't asking for a professional wrestling mode. Its just that WWE's "Universe Mode" is a close comparison to what we want in terms of world building.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »