Home

EA UFC 4 Be the Boss (Universe mode)

This is a discussion on EA UFC 4 Be the Boss (Universe mode) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #1
Pro

LarsP's Arena

OVR: 0
EA UFC 4 Be the Boss (Universe mode)

With probably the final big patch out now, we can start looking forward to UFC 4.

What do we need? Universe mode. There are lots of examples of this mode in other sports games, so I tried to 'create' one for EA UFC.

Because I'm terrible at coming up with cool names, I went with 'Be the Boss'.

Pre-game settings
So how does it work? Once you start Be the Boss mode (BTB from now on) you will be presented with the following choice:
Do you want to run the UFC as Dana White, or do you want to replace DW with you own character?

This character creation could be similar to fighter creation, like picking your suit and hairstyles etc..

The next choice is, whether you want to start with the current champions in place, or no champions at all.

Other pre-mode options could be difficulty, fight length, choose to add your own CAF's to the roster, and things like hidden stats for new fighters.

Now we start with BTB

Start
First thing you'll be asked to do is hire staff.
- Financial team
- Social Media Team
- Matchmakers (they will suggest fights, ultimately you'll be the one doing the matchmaking)
- Lawyers
- Medical staff (does the UFC hire doctors, or are they from the Athletic Commision?)

Matchmaking
Next, you will decide on how many events (PPV's and FN's) you will do the upcoming year, where there should be some risk/reward balance between chosing more PPV's or more FN's .

The matchmaking itself shouldn't be much different from the Custom Event mode we already have, with fighters being unavailable due to injury or having fought recently. You should see some suggestions from your matchmakers based on who you hired.

Contracts
And then whoops, a figher just fought the last fight of her contract and she wants to renew:

Fighters have different reputations, as you can see Paige is listed as 'Fan favourite figher'. Chosing not to renew a fan favourite fighter could lead to some serious backlash with the fans and maybe even financial consequences.

Other reputations can be;
G.O.A.T. contender
Champion
Title Challenger
Promising Prospect
Just Bleed Brawler
Lay-n-Pray Wressler
Past Prime Legend
Gatekeeper
Unknown Point Fighter

Where chosing to not renew fighters from the bottom 4 reputations will not lead to consequences at the same extent as the top 5 reputations.

Goals
You will also have short term (1 year) and long term (2 years+) goals. Like reach 5 million PPV sales in a year. Or break the PPV record within 5 years.

Ticket sales
The underlying goal is always to sell tickets and PPV's.
Stacking your card with a lot of big names will increase sales ofcourse, but might leave you with trouble to find main events for the next cards, since these fighters might be unavailable.

Sales will also be determined by how you promote. Use Social Media and press conferences to sell your fights!

Events
Different presentations for Fox Cards and PPV's are a must.
Having the ability to watch the fights via a cage side camera
More Bruce Buffer recordings eg.: We are live!, Co-Main, Interim Champ, #x ranked HW contender in the world.
Ability to skip/sim fights just like in tournament mode.
Weigh-ins
Post-fight interviews

I will try to keep on adding things i might forgot, and add some more graphics as well.

Last edited by LarsP; 08-30-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #2
MVP

Re: EA UFC 4 Be the Boss (Universe mode)

I am here for all of this. Is anyone still confused after seeing this why this wouod be 10000000000000× more fun, dynamic and long lasting than a career mode?

Here's a twist, have one of the options for character creation allow you to be a fighter instead of Dana White/Promoter. That way if you're a career mode fan, you still get to have that element too.

FIFA does it. Madden does it. NBA2K does it. Every sports title does it.

This shouldn't be that hard a decision to add to UFC 4. It has to be in IMO.

#UniverseMode

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2018, 09:25 AM   #3
Pro

polyduster's Arena

Love all of these suggestions!

One thing to add would be the ability to play ANY of the fights on the cards you create.

Hoping the right people see this thread as this has been the biggest missing feature and would help increase the replay value for us offline players.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #4
MVP

I created this below for every time I attempt to book a fight in my current Universe Mode.

I essentially spin it twice, once for each fighter when I have a fight in mind. If the answer is yes, the fight is booked.

If the answer is anything else, I have to negotiate.

I have a coin flip app on my phone. Heads means one month, tails is two. I flip it until it stops landing on one of them consecutively. So for example if it lands on heads three times in a row that's 3 months, tails would have been 6.

So if I spin my wheel and it lands on anything other than yes, then I flip my coin and I end up with 6 months, that's how long before I can book my fighter unless I give in to the demand he's making.

I even added a few X2 and X3 which means I multiply the months off by that number for that demand.

It makes matchmaking more dynamic and a little harder to put fights together, but that wait for s fight to come together is kind of fun (it builds anticipation for a return fight like McGregor, GSP or Diaz when they've held out).

Last edited by TheRizzzle; 08-29-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:28 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
Love all of these suggestions!

One thing to add would be the ability to play ANY of the fights on the cards you create.

Hoping the right people see this thread as this has been the biggest missing feature and would help increase the replay value for us offline players.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That's a must have. I want to be able to fight every fight as every fighter. I also have house rules that force me to switfch fights mid-fight to keep fights competitive so being able to switch mid-fight in this mode is a must for me also.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 10:10 AM   #6
Rookie

Awesome stuff OP.

I think we would all be very disappointed if UFC4 doesn’t have a Universe mode in it.

An addition to your ideas I would like to see a very in depth storyline aspect with each one including its own cut scenes, commentary, tracking system to set it all up. I remember one of the smack down vs raw implemented something similar wayyyyyyy back when on the ps2 system and it was brilliant. That was with the tech they had back then too.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:08 PM   #7
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Loving the graphics!
Old 08-29-2018, 12:20 PM   #8
MVP

Hire this man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »