Home

Hard time finishing ai

This is a discussion on Hard time finishing ai within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 02:10 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Hard time finishing ai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz_____
I did an openweight Tournament with Zabit vs Till to compare body sizes and just had both sides on AI.

Strangely enough they both literally just stood there doing nothing, occasionally throwing a single jab then just standing there again.

I have video but im at work all night. Ill upload it when I get home. Very weird. AI seems to wait for you to make an input before responding to what the input was. So 2 AIs just stood there staring at each other waiting.
Thankfully this is only really an issue with AI vs AI.

When this occurs in PvAI, all the player has to do is simply move, strike, sway or lunge, basically anything other than stand dead still and the AI will return to normal.

Personally I'm a MASSIVE fan of the new counterstriker AI and general aggression reduction done universally across the AI.

It has upped my enjoyment 10fold almost. The AI can fight five rounds now, it's much smarter with its shots and it VERY hard to finish on Pro and above, as it should be.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:18 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Hard time finishing ai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
Does anybody have any advice for landing any substantial ground and pound on the ai? Hard to play as somebody like Khabib when you can't land hard any postured strikes and also makes it hard to finish opponents when they drop.
Sure.
Although ill preface by saying the Pro and above AI is still EXTREMELY hard to finish with straight GnP, in a good way.

First up, timing.
You need to time your shots in a way that isn't patterned.

Left-right-left thrown as quickly as you input them is going to get you arm trapped quick.

Left- pause, transition fake or denial of opponents transition, then the right.

Mix up head and body shots constantly, this will make the AI block the wrong area, throw a heap of postured down body strikes then posture up and immediately go for the head.

The best times to strike, hands down, are when you've got the AI tired from denials, or DIRECTLY after you deny something.while postured up.

Another thing with GnP is its more about cumulative damage, don't expect to KO them with it in the 1st, work at it and come the 3rd they're barely going to be able to take 2 strikes.

After a KD, when you jump into guard, time your strikes directly after the AI attempts to hit the postured down transition, if they don't have arm traps you can just throw like a mother high/low.

And finally, if you want an easy merking, just stack guard the AI. The AI has awful stacked defence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »