Home

Would You Like To See More Damage Done By Elbows From SUB Guard?

This is a discussion on Would You Like To See More Damage Done By Elbows From SUB Guard? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Elbows From Bottom Guard Cause More Damage?
No 3 6.67%
Yes --- A "little bit more damage" 25 55.56%
Yes --- A "lot more damage" 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2018, 12:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Would You Like To See More Damage Done By Elbows From SUB Guard?

yes , but then you should be able to hold block to mitigate some of the damage as well. but maybe make part of the elbow perk? like Rampage throwing vicious highly damaging elbows from the bottom should not be a thing.

I also want to be able to bloody them up from the bottom and their blood should be able to drip on you...
Old 10-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #18
MVP

Sorry if this sounds stupid but if both fighters are going at it elbowing each other who ought to come out of the exchange better SUB or DOM ? Cause it seems like both can just elbow each other all day long till the buzzer sounds .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-05-2018, 12:01 PM   #19
Rookie

I remember I was wrecking my opponent with elbows in rubber guard; he couldn't move because I had drained his stamina and he had no health left from taking all the shots.

The referee just stood up the fight due to inactivity as I was elbowing him over and over. I couldn't get a KO from that position either or draw any blood. Elbows from guard need a serious buff.
Old 10-06-2018, 04:31 PM   #20
Rookie

I use these everytime I'm in full guard to bait my opponent up. They certainly aren't useless.

I would be interested to see how a damage increase or perk played out though.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #21
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

They're not useless in terms of baiting opponent that's true, perhaps they also count as Significant Strikes (????) and if so they could rack up a lot of points on the judges scorecards.

But as an example...this past weekend on the LEC, I was in someone's guard and he was just spamming elbows from the bottom. I just sat there and let him burn his gas as I took no appreciable damage and I knew he was gassing himself out.....

Which is essentially me gaming the system b/c I know those elbows won't do any damage at all. I'm sure if I was fighting "in real life" I wouldn't have come to the same conclusion when the bridge of my nose and my orbital bones were getting smashed lol...

I would be OK with the guy in DOM Guard to be able to block those elbows or work some sort of wrist control game/etc......but of course that would lower his grapple advantage and allow SUB Guard a better chance to get up, or sweep, or submit, etc

Really hoping for more positions & nuance for UFC 4 on the ground

In particular....SCRAMBLE Mechanics....the glue that holds together Striking, Clinch, Wrestling, and BJJ.....tons of potential there
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 12:46 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
They're not useless in terms of baiting opponent that's true, perhaps they also count as Significant Strikes (????) and if so they could rack up a lot of points on the judges scorecards.

But as an example...this past weekend on the LEC, I was in someone's guard and he was just spamming elbows from the bottom. I just sat there and let him burn his gas as I took no appreciable damage and I knew he was gassing himself out.....

Which is essentially me gaming the system b/c I know those elbows won't do any damage at all. I'm sure if I was fighting "in real life" I wouldn't have come to the same conclusion when the bridge of my nose and my orbital bones were getting smashed lol...

I would be OK with the guy in DOM Guard to be able to block those elbows or work some sort of wrist control game/etc......but of course that would lower his grapple advantage and allow SUB Guard a better chance to get up, or sweep, or submit, etc

Really hoping for more positions & nuance for UFC 4 on the ground

In particular....SCRAMBLE Mechanics....the glue that holds together Striking, Clinch, Wrestling, and BJJ.....tons of potential there
I don't think they're considered significant strikes but I'm just thinking I would have noticed this in the fight stats (as soon as they're in my guard, I constantly throw these until I get a deny or two) so I'm not certain. I just figured that's pretty much their purpose - getting the opponent to move.

I've always found it strange that whoever is postured on top, can't block strikes. I'm sure it's happened to most people on here, you posture up and decide to figure his transitions out, for him to throw 4 punches then block your punches and return some more. It just kinda seems silly - you can easily grab or pin limbs in real life but I guess it's just limited to timing at the moment in game.

I'd love to be able to exit a submission into a dominant position. Some of the sub attempts look, again, silly. On the last gate and rather than just escaping the position, they flip you over whilst almost unconscious and take top control. I think this would give grapplers more control on the ground which gives grappling a bit of a buff, but then I think it needs it.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #23
Rookie

I would be up for bottom elbows doing more if the top guy could actually inflict significant damage from a closed guard as well.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #24
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
I would be up for bottom elbows doing more if the top guy could actually inflict significant damage from a closed guard as well.
What is your take on baby punches from other positions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »