Home

update 1.10 on ps4, 1,4GB

This is a discussion on update 1.10 on ps4, 1,4GB within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 08:39 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: update 1.10 on ps4, 1,4GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
lmao Here we go again with the utterly transparent bad players whining about grappling being too hard because they don't have a super exploitable mechanic to use.

"most people do not possess the cognitive power to master this". What happened to there are no plateaus? Where is that lame singular trial done that says you can gain 4% skill per day. Whatever the **** that means. 4% is not quantifiable.
Pretty sure Lurch has been #1 on the leaderboard and complains about this. Im sure Big Cee is somewhere crying as well.

I will never question your skill in this game but your obvious bias is sickening. You happily explot unrealistic striking mechanics (things like lateral moving kicks/strikes being faster ) but cry about grappling mechanics being exploitable.

I will never understand how dudes will pick pure strikers in this game so they can have high strike speed, stamina, power, chin ratings yet simultaneous cry foul when a grappler can dominate them due to a rating advantage. It works both ways.

The game already makes it too easy to avoid grappling exchanges. You cant feint TDs, there are TD reverals straight into double under or side control, you can deny TDs literally mid kick, uppercuts are heat seeking missiles when someone is mid TD, there’s no real punishment for late TD denials ect

That said I’ll just wait and see. GPD said they’ll balance it better and I have faith in him.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #58
Rookie

Prayers for Big Cee
Old 08-30-2018, 09:54 AM   #59
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

All of these “grapplers” complaining is out of control. It sounds like you all are going into matches with the singular focus to take someone down, so of course you are getting denied. People know what’s coming when you chose guys like Khabib.

Maybe get better at striking to set up your takedowns. The only people I’ve finished with the uppercut that everyone is saying is overpowered, are people that are spamming takedown after takedown.
Golden State Warriors
Old 08-30-2018, 09:57 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
All of these “grapplers” complaining is out of control. It sounds like you all are going into matches with the singular focus to take someone down, so of course you are getting denied. People know what’s coming when you chose guys like Khabib.

Maybe get better at striking to set up your takedowns. The only people I’ve finished with the uppercut that everyone is saying is overpowered, are people that are spamming takedown after takedown.
That’s the same as saying people know your gonna be striking when you pick mcgregor. That’s khabibs whole style in real life too and nobody even picks khabib in top 100 coz he’s so useless now when he’s the undefeated champion in real life...u want us to stand and bang with khabib and his 86 hand speed?
Old 08-30-2018, 10:04 AM   #61
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultras123
That’s the same as saying people know your gonna be striking when you pick mcgregor. That’s khabibs whole style in real life too and nobody even picks khabib in top 100 coz he’s so useless now when he’s the undefeated champion in real life...u want us to stand and bang with khabib and his 86 hand speed?
Well Khabibs striking in real life is not good! I don’t want to turn this into a debate about real life khabib but I think he’s great and MAYBE one of the best but what A level fighter has he beat? Also a fight starts on the feet, so of course it’s easier to strike with guys like mcgregor. I’m not good at grappling, I’m ok at it but when a guy is striking or coming forward at me, I’m usually able to score a takedown. I’m not level 5 but I’m still able to do it.
Golden State Warriors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 10:13 AM   #62
MVP

I don't support this decision mostly because of the multitude of options to escape grappling.

The battle of the clinch wasn't so much about initiating the clinch, it was about maintaining it. Once you had the single collar, you had to be aware of the very fast clinch break, thai clinch, single collar whip or even being taken down yourself. Combine this with clinch strikes and it became a hard task but felt realistic and fluid. I agree that center clinching isn't realistic, but what part of the currently clinch system is?

I say this as a person who's game revolves more around counter pressure, i will use the clinch if I'm playing a wrestler to drain stamina or setup a td, but I don't go spamming it. I've not had much trouble with clinch spammers, unless there is lag (which I've had a lot of recently)

I think an increase in the denial window is okay, but combinations should shorten the window. If I throw a 1-2 it should be a much smaller window.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:14 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Pretty sure Lurch has been #1 on the leaderboard and complains about this. Im sure Big Cee is somewhere crying as well.

I will never question your skill in this game but your obvious bias is sickening. You happily explot unrealistic striking mechanics (things like lateral moving kicks/strikes being faster ) but cry about grappling mechanics being exploitable.

I will never understand how dudes will pick pure strikers in this game so they can have high strike speed, stamina, power, chin ratings yet simultaneous cry foul when a grappler can dominate them due to a rating advantage. It works both ways.

The game already makes it too easy to avoid grappling exchanges. You cant feint TDs, there are TD reverals straight into double under or side control, you can deny TDs literally mid kick, uppercuts are heat seeking missiles when someone is mid TD, there’s no real punishment for late TD denials ect

That said I’ll just wait and see. GPD said they’ll balance it better and I have faith in him.
Don’t forget the holy grail of avoiding grappling - the ability to pre deny.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:16 AM   #64
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
Don’t forget the holy grail of avoiding grappling - the ability to pre deny.
You can't pre-deny the clinch and takedowns at the same time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »