Home

update 1.10 on ps4, 1,4GB

This is a discussion on update 1.10 on ps4, 1,4GB within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: update 1.10 on ps4, 1,4GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
Well Khabibs striking in real life is not good! I don’t want to turn this into a debate about real life khabib but I think he’s great and MAYBE one of the best but what A level fighter has he beat? Also a fight starts on the feet, so of course it’s easier to strike with guys like mcgregor. I’m not good at grappling, I’m ok at it but when a guy is striking or coming forward at me, I’m usually able to score a takedown. I’m not level 5 but I’m still able to do it.
Khabib is 26-0 in real life with not good striking skills... u can’t Have success top 100 in this game without being a good striker...khabib real life play style does not work in this game .. and the problem is about initiating the clinch not maintaining it... I maintain it just fine but it’s impossible to initiate now even more than it was before..playing khabib style in this game leads only to low stamina
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 10:33 AM   #66
Rookie

There’s a reason all the high level grapplers r complaining...maybe instead of dismissing these complaints you guys try and listen
Old 08-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #67
Rookie

I wonder how far the overlap is on the Venn diagram of

Group A: people who want the clinch to be a super speed move
Group B:

Those players who go for 72 clinch attempts a round the second they figure out their standup schtick of choice isn't going to work on you.

A lot of players turn clinch cheese and body spam as soon as they realize they have no standup chance.

Oh, and then they make their connection magically lag every time there's a body kick thrown or a transition.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:42 AM   #68
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
That's where we're headed, this was just a quick, opportunistic bandaid fix to the unexpected buff the SC clinch got with the animation change.
w000t that's all i needed to hear, really glad to hear more clinch features/balancing are in the works
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 08-30-2018, 10:47 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You can't pre-deny the clinch and takedowns at the same time.
That may now be true but that doesn’t change the fact you can still pre deny one or the other.

It should be based on skill and reaction combined with takedown vs takedown defence and clinch grapple vs clinch grapple ratings.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:49 AM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
That may now be true but that doesn’t change the fact you can still pre deny one or the other. It should be based on skill and reaction.
Nothing wrong with pre-deny. It should have an animation attached to it like in UFC 2 but the concept makes sense. They’re sacrificing striking offense and defense to defend grappling. Happens IRL as well.

Hell I wish it existed on the ground
Old 08-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #71
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Guys, even though I'm a boxer at heart I love my grappling....and I agree with several things y'all are saying...but you're not helping your (our) case the way you're arguing your points and sometimes reverting to childish antics!

Trust me I fully agree that grapplers have been put second to strikers in UFC 3 ... but I do think GPD is on the right track with improving that, without having the pendulum swing too far the other way.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 11:01 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Guys, even though I'm a boxer at heart I love my grappling....and I agree with several things y'all are saying...but you're not helping your (our) case the way you're arguing your points and sometimes reverting to childish antics!

Trust me I fully agree that grapplers have been put second to strikers in UFC 3 ... but I do think GPD is on the right track with improving that, without having the pendulum swing too far the other way.
I think you would be more annoyed if it was a striking change. If GPD decided to slow down kicks for example, people would rage. If we were told we had to wait for a patch in 1 to 2 months for the kick speed to be changed, that wouldn't help. The last patch was great, this tuner was a bit too extreme. For me, this change makes clinch based fighters like Ronda Rousey simply unusable, I can still use some grapplers like GSP who have good striking and tds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »