Home

'Zabit & the Dirty Bird' - A talk about Body Types in UFC 3

This is a discussion on 'Zabit & the Dirty Bird' - A talk about Body Types in UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 11:04 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 'Zabit & the Dirty Bird' - A talk about Body Types in UFC 3

There is absolutely no way in hell you can expect 300 individual meshes. If a body is a touch off, that's not much of a problem besides your own immersion. They should absolutely use similar or alike bodies for fighters with similar and alike frames. I don't see a problem.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:12 PM   #10
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnOlogist
There is absolutely no way in hell you can expect 300 individual meshes. If a body is a touch off, that's not much of a problem besides your own immersion. They should absolutely use similar or alike bodies for fighters with similar and alike frames. I don't see a problem.
I think you might be a little confused.

No one is asking for "300 unique meshes"

The exact problem is that they *didn't* use similar or alike body types for those fighters. They are infact, completely, and totally wrong and opposite body types of what they actually look like.

Give Zabit the Yair body type. Much skinnier.

Give Means the Nate Diaz body type. Much skinnier.

Instead their current body types make them appear literally 4 weightclasses higher than they really are.

Last edited by Haz_____; 08-30-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:09 PM   #11
Pro

Honestly this has been an issue for me since EA UFC 1. The heads usually look really good on fighters, but the bodies of fighters almost always look like they randomly picked a CAF preset body and slapped the head on.

I understand there are a lot of fighters and making a custom body for each one would take a tremendous amount of work. But at the very least the preset body choices NEED to be better. And I think there should be a few more presets for your artists to choose from.

I think minimum you need: Very skinny, skinny, medium build, slightly jacked, jacked, very jacked, chubby, and super fat.

It always seems as if EA UFC has had a problem with the extreme ends of the spectrum. Really big or jacked dudes like Yoel Romero or Woodley don't look nearly as ripped as they should. Those guys are freaks of nature in real life. Super skinny tall dudes like Zabit or Means look like they don't belong in their weightclasses. Hell Ngannou took community backlash to even look like a Heavyweight.

Its a shame too because when you look at fighters that DO have custom bodies and clearly had more love put into them, they look great. Like Kimbo for instance. That model is perfect in my opinion.

But most important here is I think we need a really skinny preset, and a really jacked preset for body types. These two body types seem to be missing and cause some fighters to just look really off.

Last edited by Reinfarcements; 08-30-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 04:59 AM   #12
Rookie

And this is a Thread id love to hear from the devs on . Frankie Edgar is also way too big in the game . Dillashaw head looks bigger than Titos. Lauren Murphy also has a head issue. I’ve always noticed this with means . Ive just have removed him from my universe mode due to how silly he looks in this game. Was planning on moving zabit up to lw due to how big he looks - but after seeing this he’s still going to tower all lws also . Love the game . But issue like this are actually huge to me and make some guys unplayable

Last edited by Falseperception; 08-31-2018 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:36 AM   #13
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Playing with Frankie in Lightweight you'll see how small he is compared to everybody else. Featherweight he's not much bigger. He's 5'6, not 5'3 like DJ lol.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #14
Pro

DC is annoying too. He looks like a WW with a dad bod. He looks so small compared to other LHWs, like Gian Villante or Glover Teixera, they just dwarf him in height AND width
Old 09-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #15
MVP

Yeah, I 100% agreed. I always have been hated the body modeling in EA games as EA UFC, EA FIFA. so Ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 06:31 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
DC is annoying too. He looks like a WW with a dad bod. He looks so small compared to other LHWs, like Gian Villante or Glover Teixera, they just dwarf him in height AND width
That’s because DC is the height of a welterweight and he has a dad bod. Pretty accurate to me. Edgar is about right he isn’t mended thick but he isn’t skinny either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »