Home

Under The Hood Mechanics. If you know em, Explain them.

This is a discussion on Under The Hood Mechanics. If you know em, Explain them. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2018, 04:52 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Under The Hood Mechanics. If you know em, Explain them.

There area a bunch of hidden/under the hood mechanics, that have no consistency or logic behind them.

If they do have, it's definitely a secret that i expect GameChangers and Devs to know about and the rest of us have to figure out on our own by playing the game and trying to figure em out as we area getting KO'ed.

One of them, I want explained, is when are the Arm Grabs ignored?

I remember in EA UFC 2, when I saw one predictable strike being thrown, on the exact same side from my postured up opponent, i could easily grab it, if he got persistent. I could always easily time it.

That's not the case with EA UFC 3. Even if I know where the strike is gonna come from and i try to time a block, it will get ignored half the time, making this very inconistent to use.

There are hundreds of under the hood mechanics like that, that never get explained and I hate ever single one of them. It's more frustrating than it is entertaining to figure em out.

So, does anyone know when my input to block a postured up strike will count and when the game will ignore it?

If you got other frustrating stuff like that, please do post em below and if anyone can explain them, please do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 05:38 AM   #2
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Re: Under The Hood Mechanics. If you know em, Explain them.

Perhaps not 100% under the hood, but close enough:

Contextual grappling transitions:
Not mentioned in grappling tutorials, or skill challenges... took me a few years to figure out that I'm missing out on like half of the grappling animations in the game. And now, even though I know HOW to do it, I still never pull it off.

How many times have you done something like this? All those animation hours could have been put to better use for different GnP attacks and defence, moving your fighter on the ground, or head movement (last time I'mma beat that dead horse).

Muscle modifier:
This one's pretty bad too. No visual cues, no grappling tutorial, no skill challenges. You either have to watch a video, read the patch notes, or be on this forum to even know it exists. Hell I know it exists and I have no idea how to use it. I hold down one of the trigger bumpers, and it's supposed to make my transitions faster/stronger, by burning more stamina. All i have to do now is memorise all the positions it works from. cuz the game sure won't tell me.

Core Clinch/Ground moves:
The grand finale. Do you even know what the hell this does?
Old 09-09-2018, 05:57 AM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan

Not mentioned in grappling tutorials, or skill challenges... took me a few years to figure out that I'm missing out on like half of the grappling animations in the game. And now, even though I know HOW to do it, I still never pull it off.

How many times have you done something like this? All those animation hours could have been put to better use for different GnP attacks and defence, moving your fighter on the ground, or head movement (last time I'mma beat that dead horse).

Muscle modifier:
This one's pretty bad too. No visual cues, no grappling tutorial, no skill challenges. You either have to watch a video, read the patch notes, or be on this forum to even know it exists. Hell I know it exists and I have no idea how to use it. I hold down one of the trigger bumpers, and it's supposed to make my transitions faster/stronger, by burning more stamina. All i have to do now is memorise all the positions it works from. cuz the game sure won't tell me.

Actually I take my original point back, those are some under the hook mechanics that are fun and I enjoy, even if they are if they are a bit random, but when it comes to striking, i don't like the incosistencies of drop inputs etc. that make u sit still and unresponsive and are just plain not fun.

At the end of the day, those advanced tranisitions are more of a feuture, that sort of has a logic behind it, instead of something under the hood, that has almost no visual feedback, but instead u are stuck there with dropped inputs, or automatically altered ones that u never intended.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 09-09-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
There area a bunch of hidden/under the hood mechanics, that have no consistency or logic behind them.

If they do have, it's definitely a secret that i expect GameChangers and Devs to know about and the rest of us have to figure out on our own by playing the game and trying to figure em out as we area getting KO'ed.

One of them, I want explained, is when are the Arm Grabs ignored?

I remember in EA UFC 2, when I saw one predictable strike being thrown, on the exact same side from my postured up opponent, i could easily grab it, if he got persistent. I could always easily time it.

That's not the case with EA UFC 3. Even if I know where the strike is gonna come from and i try to time a block, it will get ignored half the time, making this very inconistent to use.

There are hundreds of under the hood mechanics like that, that never get explained and I hate ever single one of them. It's more frustrating than it is entertaining to figure em out.

So, does anyone know when my input to block a postured up strike will count and when the game will ignore it?

If you got other frustrating stuff like that, please do post em below and if anyone can explain them, please do.

I believe if you miss an arm grab the is a recovery period, so you gotta sit tight and just block the next strike or 2 then you can try again..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-09-2018, 06:30 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:

Muscle modifier:

Muscle modifier only works for getups I'm pretty sure.. And the core moves determine what transitions you have available in particular positions..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 06:43 AM   #6
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
And the core moves determine what transitions you have available in particular positions..
No they don't

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...vel-2-3-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
Muscle modifier only works for getups I'm pretty sure..
Not correct.

"The current list of transitions that support this feature are:

Any getup from a SUB position on the ground
The takedown transitions from single leg and double leg against the cage
Posturing up from a DOM position on the ground
Transitioning from SUB back mount flat to back mount
Sit out sweep from back side
Getup from SUB sprawl to back clinch"

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/n...eplay-update-6

But thank you for proving my point.

Last edited by MacGowan; 09-09-2018 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:06 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
No they don't

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...vel-2-3-a.html

Not correct.

"The current list of transitions that support this feature are:

Any getup from a SUB position on the ground
The takedown transitions from single leg and double leg against the cage
Posturing up from a DOM position on the ground
Transitioning from SUB back mount flat to back mount
Sit out sweep from back side
Getup from SUB sprawl to back clinch"

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/n...eplay-update-6

But thank you for proving my point.

Ah yes, I knew that list was somewhere (not in the game, even though the loading screen says check the tutorials they are updated often lol) as for the core moves I assumed it was like sweeps and reversals, where each level adds more advanced moves to the list.. But yea point remains, really have to dig to find out about alot of these mechanics and even then there's really not much info to find...

Old 09-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #8
Banned

Not even sure what the mechanic is but in bottom full guard you go for a get up thrn mid transition you hit a modifier and it turns to a sweep to half guard. You can do the same in full guard top that will get you to stack guard in 1 transition. Not everyone has it

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »