Home

How did this career mode make it into a AAA 2018 title?

This is a discussion on How did this career mode make it into a AAA 2018 title? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How did this career mode make it into a AAA 2018 title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I remember seeing the trailers and people would see something like a weigh in in the clip and say "They have interactive weighins in the game!" or "I bet you can miss weight in the game". I remember sitting here and thinking......"some people are going to be very disappointed".

Sure EA couldve released a trailer without those elements or a big clip that showed those elements in complete context but part of the fault lies with people jumping to conclusions.

Completely agree that there are areas where Career mode could be improved though.
Its just like the amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer. With the big showcase ofna potential fight beween spidey and rhino, when you show something like that without its true context its deliberately misleading. It shows all these things as if they are major part of the mode, when infact they are so minor and are just animations.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #10
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's deliberate misinformation. But if you're getting large amount of people responding to your commercial, going; "oh it looks like X is in the game!" when it's not, then you've done something wrong along the way.

If a few people do it, then it's on them. If enough people do it then you have a No Man's Sky on your hand.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
I remember seeing the trailers and people would see something like a weigh in in the clip and say "They have interactive weighins in the game!" or "I bet you can miss weight in the game". I remember sitting here and thinking......"some people are going to be very disappointed".

Sure EA couldve released a trailer without those elements or a big clip that showed those elements in complete context but part of the fault lies with people jumping to conclusions.

Completely agree that there are areas where Career mode could be improved though.
Can’t really put the blame on the community because it was something we asked for thought we were getting and we basically got nothing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's deliberate misinformation. But if you're getting large amount of people responding to your commercial, going; "oh it looks like X is in the game!" when it's not, then you've done something wrong along the way.

If a few people do it, then it's on them. If enough people do it then you have a No Man's Sky on your hand.
It can be construed that way. The focus of the trailer shows the importance of rivals, short notice fights, promoting and performing. https://youtu.be/17N01tpPTfQ
Does this resemble anything we got or is the trailer intentionally vague and misleading.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
It can be construed that way. The focus of the trailer shows the importance of rivals, short notice fights, promoting and performing. https://youtu.be/17N01tpPTfQ
Does this resemble anything we got or is the trailer intentionally vague and misleading.
Actually....it isnt that misleading. So everything in the first :45 is in the game and not misleading. At :45, it shows Megan Olivi and the UFC minute and a press conference. Now, the press conference clip actually appears in the proper context. Thats how it appears in the game as part of the UFC minute.

With that said, its not unreasonable for someone to see that and say "Oh ****! There are interactive press conferences" but you cant really say that based on that clip, EA lied to you. Dont get me wrong, they've lied in the past...just not here.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:04 AM   #14
Rookie

The worst part of career mode is that the cpu champions in every weight class NEVER change which absolutely kills any immersion what so ever.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:04 AM   #15
Rookie

I will always play through career mode more than once. Half way through my latest (third career mode) I was getting impatient and bored of it. I will continue to play because I feel like its designed to help you combat certain techniques in game. Fighting vs a Maia certainly helps me gameplan for when I'm playing ranked vs Maia.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 06:48 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Actually....it isnt that misleading. So everything in the first :45 is in the game and not misleading. At :45, it shows Megan Olivi and the UFC minute and a press conference. Now, the press conference clip actually appears in the proper context. Thats how it appears in the game as part of the UFC minute.

With that said, its not unreasonable for someone to see that and say "Oh ****! There are interactive press conferences" but you cant really say that based on that clip, EA lied to you. Dont get me wrong, they've lied in the past...just not here.
Thats a fair view point, but for someone who is new to this game or a fan off mma this can definitely be seen as misleading, i still feel it is now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »